Going Green For The "Greater Good"! Gas Powered Small Engine Bans are Coming!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Its like they think energy comes from thin air. They're just shifting the pollution upstream. Plus adding more materials (lithium, plastic, etc) to increase the total pollution output, PLUS add to the landfill.

THen when they are done with this, they will start adding fees and mandatory recycling due to all the batteries we have to start using.

But its OK. Since we dont see that pollution at street level it doesnt exist. :rolleyes:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I bought a battery powered Greenworks lawn mower at Bigdog liquidators for $66, normally a $350+ item.

So much better! Of course my lawn is only 2,220 sq ft in size. LOL

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I bought a battery powered Greenworks lawn mower at Bigdog liquidators for $66, normally a $350+ item.

So much better! Of course my lawn is only 2,220 sq ft in size. LOL
    I tried to go electric for my 1/4 acre.
    I spent twice as much for the battery mower vs gas.
    It took 50% longer to cut than my gas mower because I couldnt walk as fast.
    The runtime of my mower was only 75% of the rated runtime, which would have required me to buy a 3rd battery and swap it out to complete the job. (or wait an hour or two for the included batteries to recharge to finish the job)
    I saw the writing on the wall as I finished the back yard with only a fraction of the battery remaining. So I cut the front yard with the old gas mower.

I returned the mower of course and went back to using my old gas mower.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I tried to go electric for my 1/4 acre.
    I spent twice as much for the battery mower vs gas.
    It took 50% longer to cut than my gas mower because I couldnt walk as fast.
    The runtime of my mower was only 75% of the rated runtime, which would have required me to buy a 3rd battery and swap it out to complete the job. (or wait an hour or two for the included batteries to recharge to finish the job)
    I saw the writing on the wall as I finished the back yard with only a fraction of the battery remaining. So I cut the front yard with the old gas mower.

I returned the mower of course and went back to using my old gas mower.

Right out of the EV playbook.

It sounds great on paper, but doesn't live up to the expectations they set.

My 10yr old push mower doesn't burn any oil and cuts like new. Thankfully, I expect it to last a long time...

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The only ban that really would be for the good of our nation, would be to ban irrational lefties from any leadership. They always "want to do something" to satisfy their childlike emotions. Of course their "solutions" do nothing to solve any problems and create multiple levels of new problems. I am tired of working extra to accomplish less to entertain the foolish.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    The only ban that really would be for the good of our nation, would be to ban irrational lefties from any leadership. They always "want to do something" to satisfy their childlike emotions. Of course their "solutions" do nothing to solve any problems and create multiple levels of new problems. I am tired of working extra to accomplish less to entertain the foolish.

THIS. I recently heard a sophomore legislator talking about all of the bills that he planned to introduce in an upcoming session. How about NOT? How about we REPEAL a few thousand laws first?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    They want you to stop mowing your yard, get goats, and have your yard look like a disheveled mess like some old cat lady because it's "better for the Earth."

Can I just do it because I'm lazy? Or bees or something?

Think there will be a market for:

v8bc3ne22k711.jpg

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Ah, Chickanic! One of the few people I watch on YouTube. I love when she says “y’all” - what a talented country girl. What were we talking about? Oh yeah, gas engines are bad, lithium mines are good…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    But instead of a $5k whole house generator that will run off NG or LP you'll be able to get a 'power wall' lithium-ion battery storage system, for 3x to 4x as much, that will run your house for a day or two and take 3 or 4 (sunny summer) days for roof top solar to recharge at the 40th parallel that most of us live at. Then all you'll have to worry about are power outages that last more than 24 hours and/or your 'power wall' bursting into unextinguishable flames and burning your house down

What's not to like?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Its like they think energy comes from thin air. They're just shifting the pollution upstream. Plus adding more materials (lithium, plastic, etc) to increase the total pollution output, PLUS add to the landfill.

THen when they are done with this, they will start adding fees and mandatory recycling due to all the batteries we have to start using.

But its OK. Since we dont see that pollution at street level it doesnt exist. :rolleyes:
    I was reading about battery storage. 7.5GW is our current storage, expected to be up to 8GW operational by the end of 2024.
    Enough to power the US grid for about 10 seconds,by the end of 2024. Just US data centers use over 10,000GW Current battery tech is not going to cut it.

What I do not understand is they know this. They know we can not replace fossil fuels in decades, but still take power plants offline. It is going to be worse than making US energy costly, we simply will not have enough. When the rolling blackouts happen(like they already do in California during peak use), do you think a data center or peoples homes will be taken offline first? Rural homes or cities? They will have to make those calls at some point at the current rate of shutdowns.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom