• ...and so much more!
  • ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Appreciate you guys talking about this stuff and very happy for OP. I have always tried to remain God's son, and I always rely on him to protect me and my family from evil and I will never deny or blame him. I try to live by the greatest 10 rules. But my question is....have any of you ever had your faith shattered? Have you ever felt like even though we have been taught he will never give us more than we can carry, that you are at that limit? I have really been down on my luck lately. Seems everything is against me, including me. Deep down, I am a little angry at God, but it don't mean I don't believe....I just don't understand, and I guess that is ok, we are not suppose to understand it all....right? But there are times I really feel like God is angry with me right now. Is that even possible? I lay down every night with anger in my heart. I have no room in my soul to forgive a few people. I will go to my grave and never forgive them, that is just how it is. I know I should be counting my blessings, I have been very blessed. Am I stuck between the old proverbial rock and a hard space? Forgive or live tormented? Sorry to be Debbie Downer and hijack your post.......just kind of hoping some of you have some words of wisdom.
    I feel as if most of us truly walking with The Father have felt this way at some point in their life. There was one time in my life where I was at my limit, and I prayed to The Lord for Him to take my life. Instead, the next day a new opportunity presented itself, and I started down a new and better path. In times of hardship, I often remind myself this is not our true home. The way I see it, our tribulations in this mortal realm are similar to the refinement of a precious metal. A rough piece of ore is thrown into the crucible, where fire and pressure burn away the impurities, and may be hit with a hammer for good measure. The result is a fine ring of gold that reflects the light, with dazzling diamonds soldered to it's surface. The point of my metaphor is that our tribulations are temporary compared to eternity, and that as hard as they may be (trust me I know), they are merely but a prologue to something great.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Appreciate you guys talking about this stuff and very happy for OP. I have always tried to remain God's son, and I always rely on him to protect me and my family from evil and I will never deny or blame him. I try to live by the greatest 10 rules. But my question is....have any of you ever had your faith shattered? Have you ever felt like even though we have been taught he will never give us more than we can carry, that you are at that limit? I have really been down on my luck lately. Seems everything is against me, including me. Deep down, I am a little angry at God, but it don't mean I don't believe....I just don't understand, and I guess that is ok, we are not suppose to understand it all....right? But there are times I really feel like God is angry with me right now. Is that even possible? I lay down every night with anger in my heart. I have no room in my soul to forgive a few people. I will go to my grave and never forgive them, that is just how it is. I know I should be counting my blessings, I have been very blessed. Am I stuck between the old proverbial rock and a hard space? Forgive or live tormented? Sorry to be Debbie Downer and hijack your post.......just kind of hoping some of you have some words of wisdom.
    I wish I had wisdom to give. I've had times I would wake up shaking in anger, dreaming of causing harm to others. Times have gotten better but I still struggle.
    It isn't fair, but sometimes it isn't about us. Job had done nothing wrong, but good allowed Satan to test him and take all he had to be an example for others. He also was angry with God but didn't turn from him. Sometimes we are given the answer why, sometimes not.
    Praying you receive some answers and relief.
    Rick

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    If y'all could do me a favor, and I hope I'm not thread jacking, but if you could pray for my step son, he is the one right now fighting demons, and drugs, he's had a hard go in the hospital, and wants nothing more than a real life. He says he's not been happy in his life, and I need him to see that he has value, and a reason to go on, Thank you all.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Not sure that the Father causes suffering. I firmly believe if I could ask Him he would say something like " I never intended for you to suffer like this. I am here for you, what are you going to do with this?".

Through a long journey seeking faith, I was married with 3 daughters. Despite working all the overtime possible we ended up bankrupt living with my father in law. It put us in the perfect place where we met some real people who were Christians, not perfect but believers. Finally found our faith and it became an important part of our lives. All to prepare us for my wife's cancer then her death.
    I was putting 2 of the kids thru college on a mechanics salary. It was hard, the depression and pain, mostly just being alone. Without faith and our church family I am not sure it would have been possible.

After 4 years I met my current wife. She had lost her husband when she was expecting her second son. Raised them alone for years. The oldest died in a car accident at 23. She had been through all of this twice. We have been married for almost 12 years now. Teach a Bible study at the church and pray together always. We are amazed at the second chance we have been given. We never argue, have lots of the same interests, laugh a lot.

I could go on for a long time listing all the things to be thankful for. He was with us during all the pain. He is with us always.

Don

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If y'all could do me a favor, and I hope I'm not thread jacking, but if you could pray for my step son, he is the one right now fighting demons, and drugs, he's had a hard go in the hospital, and wants nothing more than a real life. He says he's not been happy in his life, and I need him to see that he has value, and a reason to go on, Thank you all.
    Absolutely! Not a hijack at all. What’s his first name?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    End of 1979 in my senior year I was last of all the friends I had not to be drinking and toking like wild. I gave up and started smoking dope with them, seemed great and was cool again but the peace soon left and loneliness crept in. In spring if 1980 I watched the show “Jesus of Nazareth” my Methodist up bringing didn’t do much but this show did. Soon after I watched 700 club and gave my life to Jesus right there at home and I changed. I got convicted and knew smoking dope was wrong, but over the next weeks it was on and off as I failed over and over quitting. One night on my bed I prayed to a Jesus that just sat and listened and never spoke back. I felt like a failure for the past week and told God that, and that I was a nobody, just a nobody. I saw a face coming near me but was never clear and he was talking so I stopped talking and heard…”David why are you doing this to yourself?” I didn’t care I guess. “David why are you doing this to your parents?” I never thought I was dishonoring them…”David why are you doing this to me? This tear I shed I did for you.” I was grieved, I felt even worse…”David to all mankind you are a nobody,” I thought I’m finally right about something, even Jesus knows…”But David, to me…. To me you are SOMEBODY!” Something happened and like fire came on me and I wept. I broke. I wept for so long. The tears wouldn’t stop, it was like my blood turned to water and flowed out my eyes, I thought no human can have this much water in them. That was1980 and never touched or smoked that crap and never will, never even a craving or thought about doing it. I still hear that same voice from time to time. I have only shared this with close friends and church family from time to time. Since then it’s been a wild ride of deep valleys. And some high mountain tops. The valleys of hell is where we see how weak we are so we can grow.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm not a perfect Christian by any means. My walk has started and stopped so many times I can't count. Even right now as I type this I'm flawed. I fail. I stop listening and do my own will and not his. My pastor would say God does not inflict pain on us. He does not burden us. Matthew 11:28-30."Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." John 10:10 "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." God gives us grace to fail. The enemy of man is the one who burdens us. Who tells us we are worthless and can't do it. God understands when we get angry at him. But that anger is always misplaced. It isn't God that's burdening you it's Satan. And you're letting him do it. Maybe not the most encouraging word but sometimes God gives us a harsh rebuke. Like a loving father he will chastise us but never seek to do harm to us. We take on the burdens of the world and refuse to lay them at the cross of our own will. Not his. I struggle with this too. I have people I haven't forgiven also. But I know it's me who's done it to myself. He draws near to us when we draw near to him. Find a way to get back in the word. Read and study the Bible more. Get involved in a small group at church or maybe even start a Bible study. Talk to your pastor and be honest. That helps me. But I still stray. We are human. We aren't perfect.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    I really want to crack wise and talk about how much trouble I would be in if I listened to the voices in my head, but it would be a lie.

I can’t recall any singular dramatic life changing instance, but the sum total of all the little things is enormous.

When I take the time to really count my blessings ( not nearly often enough) it is immediately clear that I have all that I need and more.

Thank you OP and all who have shared.

And for those of you struggling, or struggling to forgive. Stop. Listen. And count what is good, rather than dwelling on the bad.

Often in my life, a perceived wrong has turned out to not be a derailment, but just a nudge towards a better path.

Blessings- EPeter

Joshnbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Indianapolis
    After reading stories, I'm compelled to share as well.

I work in law enforcement. Have been since 2009. A few years ago, I got sued. Those of you in the business say it's common but I took it really hard and unfortunately for me, obsessing over things I cannot change is my weakness. Almost to the point where daily life is constantly interrupted by obsessive or intrusive thoughts. Even when you do right or try to solve a problem it can still be viewed as wrong.

Moving forward to now, I've been counseled, medicated and allowed time to heal my wounds.

At the end of the day, even when it's dark or I'm stuck in my head, I remember to keep my head up and thank the ONE with the plan.

Sometimes it's dark and unimaginable and other times the tips of your fingers type to strangers and it pulls you from darkness. At the end of the day, faith and family is what brings us all to this place, this moment.

May you all fill your breath with Him and allow peace to be with you

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    At Bible study last week, looking at Jude, a good friend of ours was at work when her niece came in to pay a utility bill. The niece has trouble making ends meet, they have 8 boys!! Our friend says "You never seem to get ahead". The nieces response was "I only pray for enough, we always have enough and are thankful".

Sums up a lot of things in life.

Don

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    "I only pray for enough, we always have enough and are thankful".
    Tell the girl to change her prayers. It's OK to ask for increase. Again John 10:10. "I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it ( life) more abundantly."
    Luke 6:38 "Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”
    I could go on. There are many scriptures about prosperity and God not wanting his children to be destitute. Tither's rights are a real thing. We tithe not just with money, but that's what people get hung up on, but our time with him is a tithe. Time spent helping others is a tithe. Tell her to pray for increase and claim tither's rights for he household and see if he isn't faithful. An abundant life, pressed down, shaken together, over flowing is what he wants us to have. It may not be a monetary blessing she receives, but she will receive. I guarantee it.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    “With food and raiment be ye therefore content.”
    1 Timothy 6:8

1 Timothy 6:10: For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

This passage does NOT say money is evil or that having money is evil. It says LOVING money is the root of evil, It's talking about making an idol of money. Anything you love more than God is an idol.

Malachi 3:10
    Bring all the tithes into the storehouse,
    That there may be food in My house,
    And try Me now in this,”
    Says the Lord of hosts,
    “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven
    And pour out for you such blessing
    That there will not be room enough to receive it.

Top Bottom