• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Almost every post on here is saying that you should hold/shoot both and get whichever feels and shoots better. I couldn't agree more. Personally, Glocks don't have a good NPOA for me at all; I end up pointing over my target by 15 degrees. An XDm feels closer to my 1911 when I grip and instinctually aim, so if I had to choose I'd pick the XDm. You may be the opposite so have fun finding out - it's a great excuse to put lead downrange!

wrenchead88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    all i can tell you is that whicever feels more natural in your hand is the choice for you, for me it was the xdm in 40s&w which i love! and the aftermarket for both of them is very good but the glock definately has the edge in that department.

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    i would compare glock to the regular xd line,if you have the money for the XDm go with that much better gun all round IMO, i like the feel of the XDm over my XD alot, it feels much smoother

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Very sound advice above. I've never shot a Glock but own a .40 XDm and would recommend it, strongly. if all other things are equal in your evaluation, your decision comes down to shootability, etc you won't be disappointed in an XDm.

FWIW.

fahappy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    NW Indiana
    I love Glocks. I have never owned a Springfield but I cant see how anyone could go wrong with a Glock. In keeping with my mantre of buying American, I think that when I have some money to spare I will be picking up an xd.40

climber409

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Franklin
    Shot my xdm9 today and felt relieved that my choice was right.I have shot glocks and believe you can't go wrong at all. Both are great guns!!!

travisf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have a Glock 23 .40 and love it. Its one of the many CCW I have. Fun to shoot and fairly cheap in the ammo dept. Good luck w the decision.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I love Glocks. I have never owned a Springfield but I cant see how anyone could go wrong with a Glock. In keeping with my mantre of buying American, I think that when I have some money to spare I will be picking up an xd.40

Unless things have changed, you'll be disappointed: my XDm was made in Croatia.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg

Springfield XD's are made in Croatia and Glocks are made in Georgia.

EXLINE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Hendricks Co.
    The glocks feel like they are made for my hand. I think they feel great and when i raise it up the sights line up perfect. I would see what grip angle your hand type is made for and see which ones feels better first. Glock 23 is a great gun. I know its my next purchase. I've had a xd 45 and a glock 30 but the 23 just feels so great it my hand

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I own an XD45 and love it! I finally got to shoot a Glock the other day and i liked it, wasn't used to the trigger pull, but still pretty nice. It didnt blow up either!

kevincullman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Kosciusko county
    I have to say glock 19

You can get afrermarket parts about anywhere. I've had both I just always seemed to shoot low/left with my xdm 9 (could have just been the shooter:dunno:) g-19 gen.3 over 5000 round and no real problems.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    As enamored as I am with the whole legendary mystique of the Glock brand I ended up buying several XDMs and NO Glocks. When I read that Glock was FINALLY going to reduce the grip girth with the 4th gen guns I looked and looked and looked until I finally got my wee little hands on one in person. Finally getting to handle a Glock 19 4th gen with the smallest back-strap I was sadly underwhelmed. It DID feel better than previous generations but it still felt very similar to picking up a chunk of 2x4 timber and holding it up like a gun.

So if you are a man (or woman) cursed with very small hands with short stubby digits like I am the XDM (with the slimmest strap) will feel WORLDS BETTER in your hand than ANY Glock. I wish this were untrue. I wish Glock had went MUCH further with that "grip reduction". Maybe in another 20 years we will get another MM shaved and a 4th grip strap? I dunno but for now the Glock is just not very "small hand friendly".

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    As many have said. Both are good tools. Try out how they feel in your hand and go from there. Im a XD guy but Glocks are fine guns.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    As already said, handle both guns, and shoot them if you have the chance, then decide which you prefer. Both are great guns. Love my EDC XD .45ACP Compact. Glock does not recommend lead bullets loads with the Polygonal rifling. But I've owned a G17 for 23+years and shot 30K+ 9mm lead bullet reloads without a problem. And I purchased a G19 this year to celebrate Glock's 25th Anniversary.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I had a G19 and liked it, but I could never shoot it very well. It didn't feel just right in my hands, and I couldn't get use to the trigger pull. I shot it quite a bit, then finally sold it and got a CZ75B, which I liked a lot. I just received a XDM9 for an early Christmas present, and shot it for the first time last weekend, and I love this pistol. It feels great in my hands, I like the trigger. After I got a little use to it, I was shooting as well at 30 yards as I was at 10 yards with the Glock. I love everything about this pistol, plus now Springfield has 2 free mags and a mag carrier when you buy one.

Dave

Top Bottom