• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Ford or Chevy, which is the better truck?
    Coke or Pepsi, which is the better cola?
    Strawberry or chocolate, which is the better ice cream?
    The beach or the mountains, which is the better vacation?

Etc, etc.

:)

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    What Solitaire said.
    I sold all my Glocks except for my G33 and kept the Sigs and CZs. But that is my preference and YMMV.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Sig covers a lot of ground. Are you talking older all metal varieties or newer polymers? I wouldn't hesitate to get a classic P220 or P226. If I was looking for polymer, I'd probably look elsewhere.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    My preference.....I like to see the hammer. Easy to tell whether it's cocked or not. Don't like striker fired guns. I suppose you can look at the back of a Glock to see if it's cocked/armed, but what about in the dark?

Sigs are "drop safe". I assume it's the same with Glocks but don't know for sure. I do know I can run all kinds of crappy ammo through any of my Sigs and keep running them while dirty and they simply do not fail.....mine don't anyway.

I don't have any polymer Sigs...mine are all metal, and I like that. Just can't get into the "plastic gun" feel.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Avoid the plastic sigs LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! Had two. note the word HAD. Both blew up. literally. At a handgun class to make it all the much better. Luckly I had my gp100 and sadclown had a second m&p.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I have two, one is a P226 (9mm) and the other is P229 (.40) and I like them both. Never fire a Glock so I cannot common on that, but consider there so many here like the Glock, I am sure it's good gun, but I like the metal feel better.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    Sigs are "drop safe". I assume it's the same with Glocks but don't know for sure. I do know I can run all kinds of crappy ammo through any of my Sigs and keep running them while dirty and they simply do not fail.....mine don't anyway.

It's true with Glocks for sure. My boyfriend threw his loaded and chambered Glock down the stairs to show me they were safe...and to win an argument on another thread here. He's also shown me a video where someone dug up a buried Glock and started firing it, dirty and all. It operated just fine.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj5Kcs4dzro

Last edited:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    My preference.....I like to see the hammer. Easy to tell whether it's cocked or not. Don't like striker fired guns. I suppose you can look at the back of a Glock to see if it's cocked/armed, but what about in the dark?

I don't have any polymer Sigs...mine are all metal, and I like that. Just can't get into the "plastic gun" feel.

Glocks are definitely drop safe. It won't fire unless you will it to.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    :popcorn:

Glock and Sig both manufacture superior firearms. I own one of each. I like them equally, but for different reasons. It's a Ford/Chevy argument. You can't go wrong with either.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've played with many different pistols and I kept my Glocks for the most part. I've had one Sig now and while I enjoyed it I couldn't get used to the DA/SA trigger. Well it shot great but I just prefer Glock. Sig's are well made pieces for sure, get what you want.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I would actually compare two pistols in the same category. Glocks and SIGs can be labeled at least two categories: operating system and frame material. So if go by the operating system, Glock should be compared to a million other "safe action" or fake DA as I'd call it, pistols. M&P, XD/XDm, SIG has a DAK, HK has a LEM, Ruger got SR series, etc. etc. SIG, on the other hand, needs to compare to HK USP, Beretta 92, FN FNP series, CZ, old S&W 4 digits, and other old fashioned DA (some people call them DA/SA)...

If go by frame material, SIG has 250 and the Pro that are plastic. Glock has no metal frame (someone is building an aluminum frame for Glock, I forgot the name). Plastic is the trend, even classic all metal guns, like 1911 or Beretta 92, they all got cheap plastic parts in them now. So I would probably pay more attention to the kind of operating system that you'd prefer, DA vs SA, or the fake stuff. At the range, the SA trigger feels best (like 1911). 2nd place is the SA trigger on a DA pistol, such as 92 or USP. Last place, to me, is the constant semi-heavy long trigger with short reset Glock type. But Glocks are good for carry, small, rust proof (almost), and always goes bang (another almost). I shoot them just in case I need to use one for self defense. But for fun, 1911 is better...

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Completely different firearms there....

1. What's the real purpose of it.
    2. Depending on the Sig.... it could be a lot better, equal to, or worse.
    3. All glocks are the same except for their target models, so, if you've already got Glocks why buy another. (I have one, wife has one. They are the first, the only, the last for us.)
    4. If I hadn't payed for extra work to be done on the glock I'd never shoot it beyond training for self defense. The Sig is so nice that I not only shoot it whenever I can, I let other people shoot it and they like it.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Amazing what a little trigger work can do for a Glock isn't it Faine:D
    Glock would be my personal preference but there's nothing wrong with a Sig..( and I would also consider a 1911;)) Which ever feels better in your had you will probably shoot better.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Completely different firearms there....

1. What's the real purpose of it.
    2. Depending on the Sig.... it could be a lot better, equal to, or worse.
    3. All glocks are the same except for their target models, so, if you've already got Glocks why buy another. (I have one, wife has one. They are the first, the only, the last for us.)
    4. If I hadn't payed for extra work to be done on the glock I'd never shoot it beyond training for self defense. The Sig is so nice that I not only shoot it whenever I can, I let other people shoot it and they like it.

Top Bottom