• ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Amazing what a little trigger work can do for a Glock isn't it Faine:D
    Glock would be my personal preference but there's nothing wrong with a Sig..( and I would also consider a 1911;)) Which ever feels better in your had you will probably shoot better.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Good point, nothing wrong with a 1911 either and that's my other passion. :D

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Avoid the plastic sigs LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! Had two. note the word HAD. Both blew up. literally. At a handgun class to make it all the much better. Luckly I had my gp100 and sadclown had a second m&p.

Which Sigs did you have blow up? I was under the impression tha the SP2022 was a good quality plastic Sig. I had been planning to pick a used one up when I found a good price. You really almost never see then for sale so I just assumed they were keepers.

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    there both good guns, i think sigs are more accurate, if u get a sig i would get a metal one, 226 220 229 228 i really like those, i do think sig is cutting corners on some of there new production guns, glocks are very rugged, dependable, dont rust, its really all prefernce,

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Which Sigs did you have blow up? I was under the impression tha the SP2022 was a good quality plastic Sig. I had been planning to pick a used one up when I found a good price. You really almost never see then for sale so I just assumed they were keepers.

both p250c's I have heard some of the same issue with the 2022 as well. If you go sig stick to metal for now at least. Its a whole other world of quality hence the big price difference between plastic sigs and metal ones.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Ford or Chevy, which is the better truck?
    Coke or Pepsi, which is the better cola?
    Strawberry or chocolate, which is the better ice cream?
    The beach or the mountains, which is the better vacation?

Etc, etc.

:)

THIS.

If you think one is actually beter than the other, then i wonder if you even know the basics about these guns. Can you even give a real reason for your preference?

I dont favor either brand, but i would rather have the Glock, because the decocker lever and DA/SA trigger on a Sig is counter to the way i was trained to run a pistol. A Sig DAK would be a different story.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    THIS.

If you think one is actually beter than the other, then i wonder if you even know the basics about these guns. Can you even give a real reason for your preference?

I dont favor either brand, but i would rather have the Glock, because the decocker lever and DA/SA trigger on a Sig is counter to the way i was trained to run a pistol. A Sig DAK would be a different story.

Exactly. I've had no problems with my Glock at all and I've heard great things about Sig. Why bash something different when it might be just as good or potentially better?

I personally can't wait to try out a Sig. After all, variety is the spice of life.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I own Sigs and Glocks.

I personally prefer DA/SA over Striker fired guns so Sigs for me.

Both are great guns, just pick your prefered mode of operation and that is your answer.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    The best way to decide is try them both see how they feel to you. Both are quality products and in the end you can not go wrong with the choice of what feels right to you.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Ford or Chevy, which is the better truck?
    Coke or Pepsi, which is the better cola?
    Strawberry or chocolate, which is the better ice cream?
    The beach or the mountains, which is the better vacation?

Etc, etc.

:)

They are kind of apples and oranges.

I was just getting in to the whole "Chevy vs. Ford", "Pepsi vs. Coke", "Strawberry vs. chocolate", "beach vs. mountains" thing
    and then someone comes along and throws "apples vs. oranges" into the mix.
    Ok, Chevy,
    Coffee or water,
    Chocolate,
    Mountains,
    Apples,
    S&W revolvers, S&W Autos, and then Sig (no reason, I just like Sigs.)

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    THIS.

If one's training doesn't allow them to accept a brilliant, time tested design, a design that has been around twice as long as Glock's, then I believe I'd be more selective of my training. :D JK

All Sig P22X designs are based on the 1947 design of the Sig P210, which was based on a French design from 1935, which itself was also derived from 'Master' Browning's genius.

Sig_p210_dk_004.jpg

One of the primary reasons I prefer the Sig design over anything else is because there is no safety lever or switch to accidentally engage/disengage. Many negligent discharges occur from this alone: hitting the safety while holstering or unholstering the fire-arm. "Is my gun cocked and locked"...."did I remember to throw the safety back on?"

Used to be something floating around on this forum or on Youtube of a guy that shot himself through the pants-leg sitting down into a car. The bullet continued to travel through the car seat and through the floor of the car. His Glock somehow got into a bind in his holster and it discharged. That wouldn't happen with a Sig...with no finger on the trigger.

It would take a significant binding in the holster to apply enough pressure on the trigger to discharge a Sig, by reason of having to cock it first.....and if somebody is that oblivious to the firearm strapped to their side, maybe they deserve whatever happens.

On a Sig, your trigger finger IS your safety. And in the heat of the moment of a real life scenario, a DA firearm is safer initially because it requires more trigger pressure for the first shot. That's a good thing when people are running around with guns in their hands and all amped up on adrenaline and nerves. Also one reason why a number of police departments are switching to DA-only service weapons.

When in a conflict, the most natural thing to do is to squeeze the trigger. Not a great deal of training needed to get that part down. No fumbling with safety levers or anything else. Point and trigger. Simple. Can even be accomplished while experiencing full-blown situation-related tunnel vision....in a worst case scenario I suppose.

As for as the decocker and slide release levers.....I'll admit it took some getting used to. But now it's second nature. Don't have to think my way through it anymore.:D And there's nothing like an authoritative metallic "CLANG" when slapping a fresh mag in and hitting the slide release. Just like in the movies....heh heh. What kind of sound comes from a Glock? "Clack"? :D

The downside to owning an all metal gun is that if you drop it in water, it's gonna' sink pretty quickly. I heard Glock's float just like........well, nevermind. :D

got-sig-shoot-WS2.jpg
    2THAB-2-WS.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom