• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Glock, like Ruger, s&w, colt and a other brands I'm sure, have brand loyalists.

Not us CZ guys, though. We're more refined...
    I think I'd really like CZ. It's been on my list. But it never hits the top of the priority list when it's time to buy.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think I'd really like CZ. It's been on my list. But it never hits the top of the priority list when it's time to buy.
    I hear ya.

There's lots of them around, eventually you'll find the ones that you like the most.

This being a glock thread: I have a few. I like to take them apart and look at the parts. They are not uninteresting, but not special, either. A decent trigger would be nice, but I won't hold my breath because my glock triggers all are terrible and will always be terrible.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I hear ya.

There's lots of them around, eventually you'll find the ones that you like the most.

This being a glock thread: I have a few. I like to take them apart and look at the parts. They are not uninteresting, but not special, either. A decent trigger would be nice, but I won't hold my breath because my glock triggers all are terrible and will always be terrible.
    The trigger and grip angle are the main reason glocks never bubbled up to the top of the priority. But a Glock 20sf might make the list at some point.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The trigger and grip angle are the main reason glocks never bubbled up to the top of the priority. But a Glock 20sf might make the list at some point.
    I've contemplated putting my g21 and 30 in the classifieds to trade for a g20 and 29.

I'd rather buy brand new when getting a 10mm. Who knows what a used 10mm has been subjected to.

ABrad15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2023
    NW Indy
    Looking inside of a PSA Dagger you see some of the innovations that Glock should have made 15 years ago. Unfortunately they are about as responsive as a 100 year old turtle.
    Looking inside of a PSA Dagger you see some of the innovations that Glock should have made 15 years ago. Unfortunately they are about as responsive as a 100 year old turtle.
    Do you have one and how do you like it?

SmokingTrigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2023
    Hancock County
    I like how you can swap FCU's and the sig line. So that would be cool if glock did something similar. I'd like something higher capacity along the sig p365. But other than that there's nothing I want that glock could make.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm late to the Glock game, compared to a lot of others. I started with a G43 and Gen 4's.

Taran Butler sold be on the Gen5 triggers, that were easier tunable for him, but for me a 3.5# Ghost connector and polish job was all that was needed. Nice carry trigger, not far from all stock. I've not bagged the guns for testing the "marksmanship" barrel, but for sure love the Gen5 grip texture. So far, no tape on grips needed.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Do you have one and how do you like it?
    I have 2 and have recently shifted to a Dagger for my EDC.. No complaints and in my opinion every bit as reliable as a Glock. Out of the box I think the trigger is better, they point more naturally for me and of course the price allows me to buy a Dagger as well as an optic for the price of a MOS Glock.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I'm not really a Glock guy (owned one for about 10 years, it did what I asked of it, but I ultimately sold it), but appreciate them for what they are. It's a simple, reliable, and affordable platform with good factory and aftermarket support.

Their bread and butter is agency sales...the private market is secondary. Glock makes a gun that they can sell in bulk to agencies at an attractive price point, and it's simple and durable enough that those agencies can give them to cops who may have nothing beyond a basic knowledge of firearms, and those cops can shoot and maintain them on a basic level. Even at an armorer level, there are very few parts and a lot of commonality between models in their parts catalogue, which simplifies logistics.

As a "gun guy", I don't find Glocks to be very interesting, and my experience has led me to prefer features offered by other platforms, but there's no denying that the Glock pistol accomplishes the company's goals pretty much perfectly. If I was running Glock I wouldn't mess with their recipe one bit.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Glocks are basically the Honda civic or Toyota Camry if they gun world. No frills. Just an over priced for what you actually get, super reliable tool. There has been little to no innovation because it hasn’t really been needed for them. Like mentioned above general public sales are not their priority. It’s all about the agency contracts. They take the if it any broke don’t fix ur concept to the extreme going on 40 years.

I agree the dagger is a Glock upgraded in basically every way including prices to where a basic polymer 9mm should be.

And back to the Honda civic comparison there are tons of them where people throw money at them on “upgrades” that do nothing for the gun.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    I have one Glock and my reasoning for keeping this one is that they have the marketshare so parts yada yada yada will be en masse and easy to find, but damn to I not like it or shooting it one bit.

I've been looking around all the plastic fantastics and have decided on S&W M&P's in 9 and 10 (centimeter gang) for the woods. My dad just bought a new Equalizer in 9mm and it's a pretty sweet piece. It kinda has me rethinking a Shield+.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Innovative?

Glock just makes the same polymer brick over and over...
    That's certainly true, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. Imagine how cool it would be if BMW were still producing the basic late 80s era E30 chassis with technology upgrades. It would be amazing to pick up a brand new BMW E30 that had today's technology built into it. Glock delivers that

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    …grip angle are the main reason Glocks.
    I’ve had a BUNCH of Glock’s over the years but I too just couldn’t get the grip angle. If I went from a 1911, BHP, M&P, to a Glock, I found the nose of the gun was always pointing in the air when I drew. I’m sure you can train out of that by rolling your wrists forward more… I just decided to get Grips for them that had a 1911-ish grip angle….
    Problem solved.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That's certainly true, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. Imagine how cool it would be if BMW were still producing the basic late 80s era E30 chassis with technology upgrades. It would be amazing to pick up a brand new BMW E30 that had today's technology built into it. Glock delivers that
    Thats the Porsche way of thinking... here is another 911.. it looks the same as the old one

ABrad15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2023
    NW Indy
    I have 2 and have recently shifted to a Dagger for my EDC.. No complaints and in my opinion every bit as reliable as a Glock. Out of the box I think the trigger is better, they point more naturally for me and of course the price allows me to buy a Dagger as well as an optic for the price of a MOS Glock.
    The price is amazing and the different configurations that were presented at shot show have me thinking

Top Bottom