• ...and so much more!
  • cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    What innovations would you like to see?
    It would be novel for them to release the 46 (rotating bolt.) I don't know that it accomplishes anything unique but would be different.

Something else that would be somewhat novel (not technically but from a marketing standpoint) would to fully-embrace their current "mix and match size" trend. They could let people select and buy any upper and any lower individually and make them cross-compatible.

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    It looks like consumers want choice. The modularity of Dig's 320 platform is a huge draw. Considering how young that platform is, it has gained rapid acceptance. Military adoption is likely part of that attraction.

I like the idea of the mix and match slides/frames. We are about due for a Gen 6. A less blocky grip and a mix n match or modular FCU like the Sigs would be awesome.

tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    After researching a bit, just trying to get confirmation. If i ihave a 45 and get the 49, i can actually make a working 19 or a 17 if i swap the slides? 4 configurations with no other alterations?

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    I got tired of waiting and created a couple of 49s several years ago.

I started with the poly 80 hybrid frame just because at the time it was the only way I knew of to get long upper short lower. Bought an old police trade in model 22, dropped a 9mm conversion barrel in, and put it on the poly 80 hybrid lower.

20201015_232337.jpg

IMG_20210707_001544_393.jpg

As time went on I really disliked the poly hybrid lower. So I got the courage to shorten my factory G22 lower. Turned out much better than I ever expexted.
    1632069906272.jpg
    I started calling it a Glock 17K. K for Kurz, German for short. Don't judge me it seemed good at the time.

I love it dearly. Shoots noticeably better than my 19. I'm hoping that the glock 49 doesn't give up that nicer shooting experience by having a its shortened recoil spring.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    This has been done already. P80 did it with their “CL" frame and Shadow Systems has their MR920L. I believe for CCW of a full sized pistol, this is the best configuration. I am not crazy about the Glock grip angle so I’ve opted to carry a P80 with a modified V2 frame.

Top Bottom