• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    For the Glock fan boys. https://taloinc.com/news/talo-introduces-the-glock-g49-mos-to-us-market
    Glock took an existing frame and and existing slide and threw them together, again. True innovation right there. I love my Glocks, but man, how about a totally new design instead of just taking existing parts and rearranging them and giving it a new patent number? C'mon man!
    What innovations would you like to see?

This is specifically for the people that cried about the 19x and 45 having long grip and short slide. Personally, I don't see a need for it but I also don't know what else they could or need to come out with.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.

This is specifically for the people that cried about the 19x and 45 having long grip and short slide. Personally, I don't see a need for it but I also don't know what else they could or need to come out with.
    IDK, just something different. You can only take a design so far and then it's just what they do now, mix and match parts and call it a new gun. I like that they came out with the 42 and 43 series. It catered to people who have smaller hands. I carry those pistols the most now. I hear that they are coming out with a single stack 10mm, so I am excited about that possibility. I was excited about the Glock carbine until I saw it was just gonna be another AR. No real innovation there.
    S&W, CZ, Sig, Springfield, Ruger and Beretta all have large product lines with poly pistols, all metal pistols and/or revolvers, shotguns & rifles.There is something for everyone. With Glock, you get one basic design that has been improved and rehashed for going on 40 years.
    It would just be nice if they came out with a truly new gun.
    I am sure they will ride the G49 to the end and then come out with a G50 that is a G26 with a G19 slide, then the G51 that is a G43 with a G48 slide.
    Maybe the G42 rechambered into .22 LR. That would be pretty cool, but again, just an existing design rechambered.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    IDK, just something different. You can only take a design so far and then it's just what they do now, mix and match parts and call it a new gun. I like that they came out with the 42 and 43 series. It catered to people who have smaller hands. I carry those pistols the most now. I hear that they are coming out with a single stack 10mm, so I am excited about that possibility. I was excited about the Glock carbine until I saw it was just gonna be another AR. No real innovation there.
    S&W, CZ, Sig, Springfield, Ruger and Beretta all have large product lines with poly pistols, all metal pistols and/or revolvers, shotguns & rifles.There is something for everyone. With Glock, you get one basic design that has been improved and rehashed for going on 40 years.
    I am sure they will ride the G49 to the end and then come out with a G50 that is a G26 with a G19 slide, then the G51 that is a G43 with a G48 slide.
    Maybe the G42 rechambered into .22 LR. That would be pretty cool, but again, just an existing design rechambered.
    I like Glock for what they are. If I want something different, I choose a different brand. It's the Apple/Honda mentality.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I like Glock for what they are. If I want something different, I choose a different brand. It's the Apple/Honda mentality.
    Agreed. That's the beauty of having such a large firearms market. If you don't like something, you try something else till you find what fits. I seem to shoot Glocks the best, so I stick with them. They are not flashy, but they sure get the job done.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Too little too late Glock.

Everyone has been crying out for these hybrid guns for years that would be SO easy for Glock to make.

Heck…back in 2017 I got tired of waiting for them to do this so I built a G19L and G26L myself.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    A Glock is a Glock. I'm ok with that. Plenty of other options out there if you want something else.

I'll probably pick up a G49. I really like my G19 and don't like the full size grips of the G17/G45/G47. Would be nice to have the extra slide length for velocity and sight radius.

I certainly don't care for another 9mm AR with a Glock rollmark on the lower, but I'd take a look at a decently priced Glock 9mm bullpup design or a carbine that feeds from the pistol grip like a Beretta Storm CX4.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'd like to see Glock get serious about the micro 9 market. Something akin to the Sig 365 or Smith Sheild Plus or any other micro 9 that has higher capacity and a slimmer frame than the 26. Let's face it the 26 is a chunky boi and is eclipsed in capacity by almost everyone nowadays. Again though probably to little to late for Glock by now.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I'd like to see Glock get serious about the micro 9 market. Something akin to the Sig 365 or Smith Sheild Plus or any other micro 9 that has higher capacity and a slimmer frame than the 26. Let's face it the 26 is a chunky boi and is eclipsed in capacity by almost everyone nowadays. Again though probably to little to late for Glock by now.
    They tried this with the G48 but totally failed on the mag capacity. The Shield Arms S15s make the capacity a non-issue but I don't love those mags.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    They tried this with the G48 but totally failed on the mag capacity. The Shield Arms S15s make the capacity a non-issue but I don't love those mags.
    This isn’t anything against you just your statement is an example. The Glock 48 and 43x is exactly what Glock designed. It’s that people never being happy trying to stuff more rounds in than intended was/is the problem. Shield and everyone else found out if reliable 15 round mags made like Glock makes mags wild work Glock would have done it.

I’ll say this again people get way to fixated on mag capacity especially in small guns.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I buy one of those.
    Give me a Glock 26X. 19 frame with 26 slide.

I've shot a G26. It shot just like most other Glocks. Meh.

Recently though Vert has me convinced that I need to switch up and try a G26 as my ”deep cover” pistol. I don't need to deep cover much, but can't avoid it all together. Weddings, funerals, other family stuff that can't be avoided... :rolleyes:

The magazine compatibility of the G26 (with every other 9mm Glock mag length) is the deal maker on this thought. Icing on the cake is that the G26 will ride safely in any of the larger sized Glock holsters.

A downfall to be learned, with the longer grip is that if there is even one shorter mag around, it will eventually get inserted into the longer grip, only to disappoint. Found this with my sweet G45. Only keep one 15 rounder around, it lives in the G19. Still, when shifting things around, the short mag has more than once failed to seat in the G45. Enough to give pause...

:rolleyes:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    A downfall to be learned, with the longer grip is that if there is even one shorter mag around, it will eventually get inserted into the longer grip, only to disappoint. Found this with my sweet G45. Only keep one 15 rounder around, it lives in the G19. Still, when shifting things around, the short mag has more than once failed to seat in the G45. Enough to give pause...

In twenty years of having all sizes of Glock handguns, I have never done this.

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I've shot a G26. It shot just like most other Glocks. Meh.

Recently though Vert has me convinced that I need to switch up and try a G26 as my ”deep cover” pistol. I don't need to deep cover much, but can't avoid it all together. Weddings, funerals, other family stuff that can't be avoided... :rolleyes:

The magazine compatibility of the G26 (with every other 9mm Glock mag length) is the deal maker on this thought. Icing on the cake is that the G26 will ride safely in any of the larger sized Glock holsters.

My duty gun is a Glock 17, backup is 26. Never had a problem mixing up mags.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    In twenty years of having all sizes of Glock handguns, I have never done this.

I didn't either...

...'till I did.

Likely times are rare when you have loaded G19 and G45 length mags out of the guns at the same time. I was swapping slides back and forth, when it happened to me. It gave me the reminder though that the shorter grip was one mag legnth more versatile than the other.

:ugh:

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    While I was slow to adapt to the Glock 45, once I did, it quickly became a favorite of mine and I ended up selling several other pistols after I purchased it. That being said, this is the combination that I actually wanted in the first place, a G-17 length slide / barrel combined with a G-19 sized grip, giving it a shorter grip and longer barrel with which to aid in 9mm performance. But, to each their own...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom