• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Picked up both of these 380s on the classifieds here - the Interarms Walther PPK/S last year and the Glock 42 a few weeks ago.

Shot these two targets last weekend - 30 rounds each target at distance of 7 yards from a standing position. The Glock target has 10 Remington 95 FMJ and 20 Aguila 95 FMJ. The Walther has 30 rounds of Federal 95 FMJ.

View attachment 72330
    I don't see open sights like I used to but I do see the Glock sights better than the Walther. The SA trigger on the Walther has some creep although the actual pull weight is not that bad. The Glock has no grit , creep or drag - just a nice crisp break but sure does not feel anywhere near the advertised 5.5lbs.

The week prior to this range session I had the Glock out for the first time and all was well with 40 rounds of the Remington and 10 rounds of Hornady 90 XTPs. But when shooting the Federal 95 FMJ I had 3 malfunctions in 10 rounds and called it quits. The Walther shot the remainder of the 40 Federal rounds last weekend with no problem. The seller assured me the Glock was made with all the fixes so I was disappointed to have FTF , FTE especially with factory FMJ ammo.

So just by virtue of the Walther being totally reliable with everything I have ever tried in it - factory or reloads, it wins and is the one I sometimes carry.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    The Glock may have been effected by a few things, Magazines unless yours are marked (03) on the back bottom.
    Holding it very tight in your grip. (My wife and granddaughter do that occasionally until I correct them).
    possibly the ammunition.
    Having owned both the Walther Ppk/s, and a Glock-42, (IMHO) the Glock carries, shoots, and runs better, but that's me.
    I just this weekend allowed my son in laws father to borrow mine as he has a S&W Bodyguard with a laser for CC.
    Maybe its just me but in the 80's I had Walther Ppk/s issues and it was never fun to shoot, but that was back in BG (before Glock days), and now my ZEV sn prefix with unmarked /01,02,03 mags and anything cheap I feed it, mine works.

JJM7288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Zionsville
    I've had both the (S&W) PPK/s and G42. In my opinion there is no comparison, the G42 is far better for carry. The PPK/s was a harsh shooter and too heavy for pocket carry. I still have the G42, sold the PPK/s.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I've had both the (S&W) PPK/s and G42. In my opinion there is no comparison, the G42 is far better for carry. The PPK/s was a harsh shooter and too heavy for pocket carry. I still have the G42, sold the PPK/s.

I bought the Glock specifically for carry use but when it has FTF and FTE with FMJ ammo I sure don't have any confidence in it for the time being . Never had any issues with the PPK/S. I still have 2 Smith Shields and a Smith 642 for carry gun as well.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Sell them both and buy a G43. It's essentially the same size as the PPKs, significantly lighter, and fires a much better 9mm round.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Sell them both and buy a G43. It's essentially the same size as the PPKs, significantly lighter, and fires a much better 9mm round.

I rented the G43 along with a Smith Shield 9mm and later bought a Shield 9mm. Liked it well enough that I also bought the 45ACP version.

Napalm217

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I used to have an Interarms PPk/S and while it was a great gun it sure was out for blood. I tried for a couple of years to adjust my grip but it would always bite me.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Picked up both of these 380s on the classifieds here - the Interarms Walther PPK/S last year and the Glock 42 a few weeks ago.

Shot these two targets last weekend - 30 rounds each target at distance of 7 yards from a standing position. The Glock target has 10 Remington 95 FMJ and 20 Aguila 95 FMJ. The Walther has 30 rounds of Federal 95 FMJ.

View attachment 72330
    I don't see open sights like I used to but I do see the Glock sights better than the Walther. The SA trigger on the Walther has some creep although the actual pull weight is not that bad. The Glock has no grit , creep or drag - just a nice crisp break but sure does not feel anywhere near the advertised 5.5lbs.

The week prior to this range session I had the Glock out for the first time and all was well with 40 rounds of the Remington and 10 rounds of Hornady 90 XTPs. But when shooting the Federal 95 FMJ I had 3 malfunctions in 10 rounds and called it quits. The Walther shot the remainder of the 40 Federal rounds last weekend with no problem. The seller assured me the Glock was made with all the fixes so I was disappointed to have FTF , FTE especially with factory FMJ ammo.

So just by virtue of the Walther being totally reliable with everything I have ever tried in it - factory or reloads, it wins and is the one I sometimes carry.

Strange...I’ve had both of these guns (still have the 42) and I had FTF in tne ppk/s (light strike on hammer) and I’ve only had maybe 1-2 malfunctions ever on the g42 with 1-2,000 rounds put through it and only when it was dirty and I’d put a couple hundred through it already. It shot wolf, tulammo, federal, blazer brass, fiocchi, and hornady. I 100% trust my g42. Is yours “broken in?”

Top Bottom