• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm happy for you. That's what I was expecting when I bought mine. However, when a full 10rd mag is inserted, it fouls the slide preventing it from being racked. Works fine if I only put 9 rds in the mag, but I want a full mag, dammit.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    pros: It is a gun.

cons: It might blow up on you.
    It has no safeties.
    It has a terrible trigger.
    It is ugly as sin
    it is...man, my fingers are tired.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    pros: It is a gun.

cons: It might blow up on you. This is possible with any gun...
    It has no safeties. it has 3, yes THREE safeties.
    It has a terrible trigger. The $.25 trigger job takes only minutes to do and works wonders, and so does a $15 connector bar.
    It is ugly as sin Looks have nothing to do with functionality.
    it is...man, my fingers are tired. Keep trying there troll...
    Geeze.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle

Having a different opinion doesn't make me a troll, you troll. See, name calling doesn't do anything. No, not any gun will blow up. There is a reason glocks blow up.

The trigger still sucks. You can make it lighter you can't make it crisper or consistent.

Glocks do not have any safties. They have three mechanisms that prevent malfunction that they call safties, but nothing that prevents the gun from firing when the trigger is pulled.

Ugly is still a con.

The OP asked for opinions, so I gave mine. Feel free to give yours, but that doesn't involve bashing mine. It is amazing how sensitive you glock guys are.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Pandoras Box

Pros:
    Lightweight, less expensive (notice I did not say cheaper, cheaper = lower quality), much easier to clean, tons of accessories/mods, higher capacity mags, easy to conceal, very reliable.

Cons: factory sights suck(IMHO), tend to multiply (you can't buy just one), higher mag capacity = run through ammo faster at the range $$$$, Springfield doesn't make one ( had to add that for the XD guys), not as well known (hasn't been around for 98 years).

Go for it, if you don't like it you can always sell or trade up.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    Be aware that Glock is having troubles with the 30. Failure to return to battery and they are not aknowledging it. I have had trouble with mine. There is a long running thread about it on that other forum.
    The thread is up to 51 pages and another is being started just on the 30sf

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Lets not turn this into an argument. This has all been gone over before. Mine are just as legitimate reasons against glocks. The OP can take them or leave them. That is the point of this thread. Anything else will be a hijack. If you want to talk about glocks lack of safties then start a new thread.

Last edited:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I've had a 3rd gen G30 since 03 and its been my main carry gun ever since. I don't think there has been a day yet when it hasn't been on my hip. With a good quality leather IWB it is comfortable to wear all day and conceals well. Its been dead dependable for me, no problems whatsoever. And its been very accurate. Just ask all the possums and racoons I've killed with it in the past years when its all I had at hand. I've got a buddy that shot it here at my house one afternoon and really liked it. Then at the next 1500 he bought a brand new one as his carry gun. And he loves his too.

pellidon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Amazingly for such a small chunky (ok fat) gun that should be so lumpy to not be worth 2 cents, I can shoot more accurately with it than it's 21SF brother or my 1911 clone or my Sig 226. It looks like it shouldn't perform that well but it does.

I swear it has less felt recoil than the 1911 and doesn't torque on recoil like the 21 does. One would think it is snappy like the Bersa compact 45 but it isn't.

I'd recommend looking at the SF version if possible. Some like it over the regular. I can't tell any difference. I can with the 21 vs 21SF though.

Mine is an old one I got at the gun show last year from a dealer in long old guns so he had it priced to move. Friday night at the show is a dangerous time for one's wallet. :laugh:

Top Bottom