Global sanctions against the USA. What if...?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    What if the current push by Russia and their emboldened allies to gain the favor of nations once considered to be in the back pocket of the US is successful enough to put the US, with our weak POTUS at the helm, on the wrong end of global economic sanctions? What a mess that would be. What are some likely effects on this once great nation?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    What if the current push by Russia and their emboldened allies to gain the favor of nations once considered to be in the back pocket of the US is successful enough to put the US, with our weak POTUS at the helm, on the wrong end of global economic sanctions? What a mess that would be. What are some likely effects on this once great nation?

One thing that would probably happen is that we would rebuild some of our industries that have migrated overseas. It would be crude, extremely expensive, and would hurt our economy enormously at first, but it might kick us off the government tit and get us back to being a producing nation again.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

A lot of those nations also depend on us for products.
    Also, the US consumes a LOT. Those nations don't sell to us, it'll tank their economies.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

We're already heading for that end . The BRICS nations are already buying up as much gold , silver and other PMs as fast as they can .

What will happen , have you seen the walking dead ?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    drill baby drill we have plenty sweet crude to jump start our manufacturing base the left has been trying so hard to kill.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well, let's see. China has 1/5 of the worlds population and relies heavily on $25 billion of US agricultural imports to feed those people. They don't have the farm land or water to become self reliant. Our economy is so entangled with China's economy that crashing ours would crash theirs, as without us importing $466 billion + of their goods a year their GDP falls by an instant 5%. I don't see China being onboard with slitting their own throat. Nearly 4% of the Indian economy is exports to the US, including services such as call centers, IT work, etc.

So, just for the sake of argument, let's say Russia did what to lead some global coalition to crash the US economy. How do they feed their allies and convince them to crash their own economies? Given how tied together the global economy is, are we to suppose the other nations would sit on their hands?

The US is still a global economic powerhouse, and I'm significantly more concerned about economic threats from within then any efforts by Russia.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    One thing that would probably happen is that we would rebuild some of our industries that have migrated overseas. It would be crude, extremely expensive, and would hurt our economy enormously at first, but it might kick us off the government tit and get us back to being a producing nation again.

I'm with BH. We couldn't get that lucky. Locked out so we had to do things in-house? I would take that to mean that we would reciprocate the favor. Think about ALL that money that stay put on American shores.
    ...I could only wish that would happen.

Kut (is an unapologetic isolationist)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The millinials (sp?) would probably all commit suicide if they couldn't get the latest iphones or Android phones.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    That would be cool. Could we then ask the UN to move? ( Or raise the rent?)

Can we also then start building things here again?

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Methinks the OP is not old enough to remember the Arab Oil Embargo and OPEC and the Yom Kippur War or the '79 Crisis?:D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm significantly more concerned about economic threats from within then any efforts by Russia.

images

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Been said before, but I will say it again, we feed a good portion of the world, so if they tried to impose sanctions on us, all we would have to do is stop feeding them.

One year and one month! Ugh.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The millinials (sp?) would probably all commit suicide if they couldn't get the latest iphones or Android phones.

Who do you think is inventing those gadgets? The Chinese? The computer chips are designed here; the damn gadgets could be built here. The reason they aren't is that it's more expensive to make them here than overseas. Take away "overseas" and someone would start building them here.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Methinks the OP is not old enough to remember the Arab Oil Embargo and OPEC and the Yom Kippur War or the '79 Crisis?:D
    Methinks if fracking had been around in the days of the Arab Oil Embargo, that many of the Arab folks would be hanging out in tents and riding camels as opposed to driving Mercedes...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Methinks if fracking had been around in the days of the Arab Oil Embargo, that many of the Arab folks would be hanging out in tents and riding camels as opposed to driving Mercedes...

Obummer probably would of never got elected in the alternative timeline.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I harken back to what Black Bush said...

dave-chappelle-black-bush.jpg

You get problem with that? You know what you should do? You should sanction me. Sanction me with your army. Oh! wait a minute! You don't have an army! So I guess that means you need to shut the fark up! That's what I would do if I don't have an army, I would shut the fark up. [leans towards microphones on the podium] Shut, the, fark, up!

Top Bottom