• ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    On a Serious Note OP...
    Either make the Girl Legal and Legitimate, or move on...

*But choose wisely, there is generally severe consequences for poor choices on this front...
    ** Further note, if I was her Father you and I would have had this talk 5 years ago...
    I like your strip club post better. :popcorn:

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Trav43 being the exception more than the rule. Its time to Cowboy up. Ask her or move on. After seven years you have likely encountered most of what us married people go thru. Except possibly kids. Don't know, none of my business. Whatever you are waiting for has long since happened and you missed it! You have asked a difficult question of people while not giving them all the facts. So no offense ment it is time to S$%t or get off the pot!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What sane person asks someone to marry them after 6 months?

Well, me. I met my third and current wife through friends and we dated 6/7 months before I asked her to be my wife. That was 31 years ago. We have been there, seen that and experienced all that life can throw at us. We are together, bonded through these experiences and partners in life.
    When I met her, Harley's, tattoo's and firearms were for trailer trash (her opinion) and this has all changed. She has a most *****in tat of a tiger on her thigh, has owned and rode her own full size Harley (no sportster's) and we have a really nice firearms collection. Life happens, life is good.
    If you love her, marry her. Make it happen. JMHO

cjcinin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    After 6 months no! After 7 YEARS? If you havnt asked yet. You shouldn't. I don't need any more info about your relationship or anything about you. Your just not that into her.
    Let her go and move on.
    Dangling the future in front of her like a carrot is wrong. And it's kind of lame for her to hang around waiting for it.
    Or marry her and get divorced in 2 years. It's really up to you.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    After 6 months no! After 7 YEARS? If you havnt asked yet. You shouldn't. I don't need any more info about your relationship or anything about you. Your just not that into her.
    Let her go and move on.
    Dangling the future in front of her like a carrot is wrong. And it's kind of lame for her to hang around waiting for it.
    Or marry her and get divorced in 2 years. It's really up to you.

NO!
    Please don't!
    She'll probably have a kid to try to get you to stay and we already have enough kids messed up by divorce.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    There was a girl I dated for 4 years. She and I loved one another very much, but I never gave marriage with her much thought. It was only after about 4 years that some friends of our got engaged and it really forced me to look at my girlfriend and our relationship. That's when I decided that although I loved her, and didn't really want to be without her, that I really couldn't marry her. I felt that if we did get married we'd probably end up divorcing and/or if we ever had kids, our political differences would cause a serious rift in how we raised our kids. I told her that I had to be honest with her, and that I just didn't see us getting married. I loved her, and didn't want to break up, and perhaps my feelings would change at a later date, but after 4 years, I didn't want to mislead her after making the realization. We broke up about 6 weeks later, and she married about a year after that. I'm still not married, but certainly make no regrets.

You said that both of you want to get married. You said that you think she wants to get married more than you. Do you want to get married TO THIS GIRL? That's a very important question to ask. If you just don't see the relationship working out in the long run, there's nothing to say you must break-up/cut-her-loose, but if you're a good person at all, you'll at least be honest with her. 4 Years or 7 years is a long time to be in a relationship, but if you really don't see the two of you getting married or staying married, then you're obligated to tell her. And if the two of you don't want to end the relationship, great, but at least the two of you will be making the informed decision to stay together even though marriage may never be in the future.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Girls girls girls is for the batchelor party. To decide on whether or not to get married you need to go back farther.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__8fQh04tjo[/ame]

Top Bottom