• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I bought a Smith and Wesson “SWAT” magic LBS knife. It’s missing two of the pocket clip stainless tiny screws, and after search , after search, I cannot seem to find them.

HELP!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    E bay, great deal on knife and advertised as missing the two clip screws.
    Don't be surprised if you find, after you get the proper screws, that the threads are stripped in the holes. If the knife says S&W on it you'd be $ ahead to pitch it rather than buy a bigger tap and screws to match.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Don’t know why I got two pics above of the same knife side, but that’s a S&W “SWAT” knife LBS is large.
    I e mailed S&W…..
    It is what it is..
    Any place close to Indy have them?
    I almost went to the 1500, but that cost was too much for two screws no one might have had.

Jont22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 24, 2019
    Morgan County
    Not going to find anyone selling s&w knife screws at a gun show. Maybe a hardware store, but unlikely.

You could go to Walmart and buy an ozark trail knife for $4. Probably uses the same screws.

If you want to send me your address I can send you a couple benchmade screws that might work for you…they will be black though.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    @STEEL CORE
    I have the same knife and had the same issue.
    Because I know the sales guy for Taylor Brands who makes those he sent me a bunch of extra screws and clips.
    Give me a day or so and I will hook you up.
    -Andy
    This is exactly why the Ingo community is so awesome.

I was gonna say to find an old laptop to disassemble, there’s plenty of small screws of various sizes in them, and there might be some that fit.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks guys it looks like the main screw through the knife is reversed too, the big one that holds the blade as the reverse stud sticks out a bit, I need to reverse it.
    Sliding blade lock on the left side won’t lock the blade closed in your pocket, that doesn’t bother me much as it clicks open just fine, and other than somebody once took it apart and a couple of screws missing, I like it.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    As for (the main screw) lock tite or even a drop of your wife’s nail polish mite suffice. It may seem reversed for mechanical reasons.

Almost every pocket knife manufacturer makes a S&W knife. Smith loves to make money on there name. Hence almost all have a different thread pitch.

1699931023819.jpeg
    1699931120183.jpeg

Here is one thats been sitting beside me for a year and a half, just reached over and got it off the coffee table n put it on my knee. I loose about half dozen a year. They make great spur of the moment X-mas gifts. SMKW sells them for very reasonable prices.

If your putting one in your back pocket, be prepared to loose it. If you can find them in Hunter Orange, get a half dozen, you’ll thank me later. :thumbsup:….:lmfao:

edit: No offense meant, just attempting to give you my best advice on your question. Best of luck.

Last edited:

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I have found small odd ball screws at Earl's on Gasoline Alley in Speedway and MPH in Brownsburg.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    As others suggest, Wallymart for a cheapie knife, and remove the clip screws. Put a drop of superglue and install. Or...find a nylon belt case and carry it like a Buck Knife 110?
    Maybe a Buck case will be ok?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I've seen eyeglass repair kits that include the tiny screwdrivers and sometimes an assortment of screws, nose pad, etc. It's a random encounter so I can't say when or where I last saw one. A quick search on Amazon showed several options for pocket knife clips and screws, the prices go from $6 - $17 or so. This one stuck out:

screws.PNG

Top Bottom