• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I've shot alot of Freedom's new ammo without complaint. Its too late now but you should have contacted their customer service. I've heard of them replacing defective batches.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    No. It was new, not remanufactured. It was 124gr 9mm. I'm not discounting the possibility that it was just a bad batch. But it really sucked and I won't waste my money on it anymore. I tried it in 3 different pistols that had always ran reliably. Also, other ammo I had at the time ran just fine. It was THIS ammo. Some didn't fire. Some didn't feed well. What I have remaining out of that order I use for malfunction drills because this ammo reliably malfunctions about half the time, but I never know which. So it works well for that. I think I have one box left from that order.

That sucks as expensive as ammo is. I do think that their customer service would have tried to work with you. I take it you did not contact them. I have never bought any of their new stuff, only the remanufactured. I did however on a order yesterday bought some of their American Steel 9mm just to check it out.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    It's a pretty good price for these days. But don't we do full bricks anymore? Everything is 300-325 rds now. It's like ice cream. Rising price, shrinking package.

There's probably some marketing idiot out there that has convinced mfgs that people will spend something like $25 on a whim to buy a box but they're less likely to spend $40 or more even at the same price per round so they reduce the box counts to keep it under that price point. At the last Indy 1500, I even passed on a couple 500 round boxes of my 10/22's favorite ammo just because I didn't want to spend "that much"! Probably had a lot to do with how much I already have stashed too.

Matt

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There's probably some marketing idiot out there that has convinced mfgs that people will spend something like $25 on a whim to buy a box but they're less likely to spend $40 or more even at the same price per round so they reduce the box counts to keep it under that price point. At the last Indy 1500, I even passed on a couple 500 round boxes of my 10/22's favorite ammo just because I didn't want to spend "that much"! Probably had a lot to do with how much I already have stashed too.

Matt

I think along those lines they want to raise the price while making people think they're paying the same. Just before the panic, you could get a 525 rnd bulk pack of federal for $18 at Walmart. This sale on 325 rds sounds good, because you get a bulk box of 22LR for the same price. But if we extrapolate that to 500 rds it makes it equivalent to ~$28. That's kinda pricey for bulk .22LR. It wasn't so long ago that you'd pay that much for match grade. But then I'd still pay that much. For 22LR bulk, my limit is $.06/rnd, if I'm desperate. I'll go up to $08/rnd for CCI minimags.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

MCINDIANA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Michigan City
    Michigan City Walmart had 3 boxes of 22 ammo, 325 count for $17.46. First time I seen it on the shelf for more than 6 months. I resisted the urge to buy. If more of us do this, the price will drop lower than it is now. It is all about supply and demand!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom