• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    How much do you have to buy to get free shipping?

I was pricing 9mm ammo today and most places are charging $50 and up to ship two cases. One place was $100 just for shipping. Screw that.
    I got 4 cases and it was free. Not sure what the minimum amount is. Could play around with the amount in your cart to see how low you can go.

hoglegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI
    The Hammond Cabelas almost looks pre-plandemic, shelves well stocked with ammo & even some powders. Had a bunch of Herters 9mm 115gr in 100 packs for $35 & WWB for $39. Not bad, I guess that's the new normal

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    Yes Federal is coming on strong. From 22lr , 12ga target, and cci 9mm they are priced lower than Winchester of the same caliber by 20% especially for the shotgun shells. If you don’t have 10,000 rounds of 22 by now, you should. I increased my shell count of both 20ga and 12ga by a factor of ten, I bought a lot at pre scamdemic prices, and am basically shooting the current manufactured stuff for practice, cause I don’t trust it as much as the Trump era stuff. I shoot 50 to 100 shells a week for skeet and trap. On a side note I have discovered some new 9mm Norma Ammo (when my other brands were hard to find) that shoots real good and accurate for target practice.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yes Federal is coming on strong. From 22lr , 12ga target, and cci 9mm they are priced lower than Winchester of the same caliber by 20% especially for the shotgun shells. If you don’t have 10,000 rounds of 22 by now, you should. I increased my shell count of both 20ga and 12ga by a factor of ten, I bought a lot at pre scamdemic prices, and am basically shooting the current manufactured stuff for practice, cause I don’t trust it as much as the Trump era stuff. I shoot 50 to 100 shells a week for skeet and trap. On a side note I have discovered some new 9mm Norma Ammo (when my other brands were hard to find) that shoots real good and accurate for target practice.
    I'm working through a case of Norma 9mm right now. It does fine.

I need to buy some more .22 but I'm still trying to see what rounds work well in my fairly new 15-22. I'll try some of my Aguila next range trip. If they work well, I'll look for a deal since I have the most of those currently.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm still trying to see what rounds work well in my fairly new 15-22. I'll try some of my Aguila next range trip. If they work well, I'll look for a deal since I have the most of those currently.
    In my 15-22 the Aguila super extra works okay but not great. Some failures to eject and extract and a few feeding issues in the S&W mags.

That said, it's much better than CCI standard 40 grain lead round nose. That basically turned my 15-22 into a single shot. Jam-o-matic. It would barely cycle the bolt.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    In my 15-22 the Aguila super extra works okay but not great. Some failures to eject and extract and a few feeding issues in the S&W mags.

That said, it's much better than CCI standard 40 grain lead round nose. That basically turned my 15-22 into a single shot. Jam-o-matic. It would barely cycle the bolt.
    Last weekend, I tried several flavors I have, except I only had 10 rounds of Aguila with me. The Aguila feed fine but too small a sample size to know. The CCI Mini-mags did the best but I still had some malfunctions.

I'm hoping that it does better once I get more rounds through it. I only have maybe 150 rounds so far out of it.

Have you found a round that works well?

I had heard that they generally run very well. So far, I'm not seeing this.:(

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Check the ejector on your 15-22.

Each time you reassemble it make sure it is as tight against the bolt as you can get it.

There are other vids out there, but if the ejector is not positioned correctly it will cause problems.

If that's not it, then a TK or Volquartsen extractor might help.

Mine always ran HV stuff best. CCI mini mags and CCI clean always ran well.

:bow: sorry for the thread jack.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Check the ejector on your 15-22.

Each time you reassemble it make sure it is as tight against the bolt as you can get it.

There are other vids out there, but if the ejector is not positioned correctly it will cause problems.

If that's not it, then a TK or Volquartsen extractor might help.

Mine always ran HV stuff best. CCI mini mags and CCI clean always ran well.

:bow: sorry for the thread jack.

My ejector is oriented correctly according to the video. What do you mean by "tight against the bolt"? The video stated you should have some clearance if I heard it right. I'll pay closer attention to my mag loading and keep running it for awhile.

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    New R.P. Home and Harvest in Michigan City getting supply in.

$.08 per pre tax.
    View attachment 186058

Those are $17.99 at RK sometimes but I have been going to Dunhams and paying $25 because RK only has them for 2 days and Dunhams seems to have them always. My Glock 44 operates really well with them, much better than the norma. So much smoke! They make my range booth really smoky. I have to pause shooting to let it clear so I can breath. Both the hollow points and the super extra are smokey as hell.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Drift again. Th 15-22 ran better today. Still had several FTE though. I'll just keep running it and hope it breaks in and does better.

I'm not used to guns malfunctioning.

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    I'm working through a case of Norma 9mm right now. It does fine.

I need to buy some more .22 but I'm still trying to see what rounds work well in my fairly new 15-22. I'll try some of my Aguila next range trip. If they work well, I'll look for a deal since I have the most of those currently.
    Mine likes everything but CCI Velocitors. Look for some Federal Auto Match at WM. $21.xx for 325 rounds and reasonable accurate. I hunt squirrels with mine and it is the terminator.

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    Drift again. Th 15-22 ran better today. Still had several FTE though. I'll just keep running it and hope it breaks in and does better.

I'm not used to guns malfunctioning.
    One of my few upgrades, and it was cheap was a extractor from these folks. Volquartsen.

Exact Edge Extractor for S&W M&P 15-22​

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$130 for 20rds

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0