• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I loaded up 10 rounds per magazine of 10 magazines to perform a specific drill. I got through one magazine of the ten without having double feed type malfunctions. I then tried it with two other guns and had the same problems. Went back to my normal practice ammo American eagle 147 grain and had no problems whatsoever.
    PITA having your ammo dictate that you're going to practice clearing a particular malfunction! I'm curious how that happened though. In my experience, 'double feed' malfs involve a bad extractor.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    PITA having your ammo dictate that you're going to practice clearing a particular malfunction! I'm curious how that happened though. In my experience, 'double feed' malfs involve a bad extractor.

I sent some rounds with a buddy at work to chrono them. When I switched to my AE 147 it felt like I was shooting .357 magnums in comparison to the Blazer stuff. Hoping the other 2 cases work a little better.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I sent some rounds with a buddy at work to chrono them. When I switched to my AE 147 it felt like I was shooting .357 magnums in comparison to the Blazer stuff. Hoping the other 2 cases work a little better.
    Thx for the "heads up". i recently picked up some blazer AL 115gr fmj. Worst case scenario, I'll get to practice clearing malfs. Good shooting with the rest

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    I was at Ludco's in Parker City today. He has a good stock of different powder and 209 shotgun primers at a decent price. He also has small and large primers in stock but will only sell those if you buy a press from him.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

Update on this, 9 rounds averaged 1035 fps over the chrono. That doesn't even make minor power factor. Looks like I will be doing a lot of 1R1 practice with that case. One of the other cases is a little better but still unreliable.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Dunham's had quite a bit of Federal 9mm in brass this morning. $15 a box with a limit of three boxes. It was gone in a few hours.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I just left the New Castle Rural King. Sitting on counter was some Norma 223 77g Match Grade for $11/20
    They also had plenty of a birdshot and steel shot selection.
    They also had some Wolf 12 gauge 00 for $12/10

Top Bottom