• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The biggest threat to the German economy, the German government, has recently announced efforts to restrict arms exports from Germany.

BMWi is now openly discussing enforcing export regulations against small arms makers, especially Heckler & Koch.

Maybe this is spur H&K to open a plant in the USA? Sometimes I do the jokes just for me.

German Government to Cut Arms Exports - The Firearm Blog

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    In late July, he told German public television broadcaster ZDF, “There are basic rules in Germany for exporting arms, and they’ve been ignored in the last years. Now we are going to observe them again.”

I don't know anything about German law or if this is even the truth. But can you imagine the howls of outrage...well yes, we can...we've heard them before whenever some Constitutional original intentest says something about observing the laws we no longer choose to observe or observe them in the proper context.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    How long before we we "Pre-Ban HK's for sale at at least 30 to 40% higher than current retail? Or even better, a HK parts kit with the slide cut in half down the center. OH OH then we could have a HK build party....

Hey! This all seems strangely familiar.:scratch:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    That's weird...Germany sure as hell didn't have any problem exporting a :poop:-load of arms starting from September 1, 1939 until their target markets drove them out of the business for quite some time... :n00b:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Sig's from Switzerland, Glock is from Austria (though people can debate all day whether or not Austria isn't still part of Germany)...

Is what it is. If HK was smart, like they were with an "entry" level polymer pistol (VP9), they would have assets here in the states. I honestly don't think Germany is going to go Japanese with arms exports and completely cut them off (albeit, would love to have a Howa Type 89 semi auto :D ).

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    SIG Sauer GmbH is the German subsidiary of Switzerland-based manufacturing firm L&O Holding, which also owns Swiss Arms AG. Initially SIG Sauer Inc was established in 1985 with the name Sigarms (until October 2007) to import and distribute SIG firearms into the United States. Since 2000 SIG Sauer Inc is organizationally separate from manufacturer SIG Sauer GmbH.

I think many of my Sigs say made in Germany.

Top Bottom