GenPol: Part VI----- Something Something Brandon?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Yeah, I’ve noticed.

It was an epiphany moment for me when my insurance company got my doctor to switch my medication solely due to cost, even though it was working fine for me, and there wasn't even an option that would allow me to stay on it and pay for it myself directly instead of it going through insurance. My doctor works for them, not me.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It was an epiphany moment for me when my insurance company got my doctor to switch my medication solely due to cost, even though it was working fine for me, and there wasn't even an option that would allow me to stay on it and pay for it myself directly instead of it going through insurance. My doctor works for them, not me.
    Yep. I had a prescription to stop migraines denied by my insurance. They said I had to try two other medications first. The first one did nothing for three months. The second one almost killed me. I was in the hospital with my blood pressure at 194/137. Took over 6 months for my blood pressure to mostly normalize.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Yeah, I’ve noticed.

Yes, me too. I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment Wednesday morning. Doctor had to cancel, and can't get me rescheduled until November 15. I don't normally go to the doctor anyway (5 years since last time, just going to placate...well, you know). Makes me much less likely to follow through.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yes, me too. I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment Wednesday morning. Doctor had to cancel, and can't get me rescheduled until November 15. I don't normally go to the doctor anyway (5 years since last time, just going to placate...well, you know). Makes me much less likely to follow through.
    I recently dealt with an appointment schedule as you described but if I changed it from a included annual check up to a regular appointment they could get me in less than two days…

Top Bottom