• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    I only sell to INGO. Look at post count and such. Buyer offers pink card. I also check the plates. Must be IN. I always meet in some parking lot where I know there are lots of cameras, always daylight. Once made a buy off armslist, dude called, said he was running late- it was getting dark. Told him I could not wait, so we met the next day.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    @jerrab @wcd

What?? You think I'm a rat? You think I got a wire in my car? You think I'm a Stool Pigeon? Say it to my face if you're going to do this!! You know not for nothing but I think you owe me an apology!!! Hahahaha
    Thanks for the welcome....
    2 points if you can name the movie LOL
    Hint "FORGET ABOUT IT!!!
    Donnie Brasco?

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I would not buy any non-trivial item without some sort of receipt. If I’m handing someone cash, I want some basic record of that transaction. It’s not specific to firearms. Otherwise, there is no proof I paid for the item. I think it’s odd that people would balk at a handwritten one sentence bill of sale.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I would not buy any non-trivial item without some sort of receipt. If I’m handing someone cash, I want some basic record of that transaction. It’s not specific to firearms. Otherwise, there is no proof I paid for the item. I think it’s odd that people would balk at a handwritten one sentence bill of sale.
    Why? You have the thing. They have the money. Are you so afraid that someone is going to report everything you buy stolen or what?

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Why? You have the thing. They have the money. Are you so afraid that someone is going to report everything you buy stolen or what?

I'm not "afraid" but I always take precautions to protect myself on financial transactions. I've done this when I had work done on my house for cash, or when I've bought anything (non-trivial) for cash. I will not pay for something without getting some sort of proof that I paid in full. Otherwise, it's too easy for someone to claim that you didn't pay, or only paid "part" of what was owed.

Some people take no precautions, and maybe it works out fine. But if there's a dispute, the ones with no proof are the ones who are going to lose in court. Feel free to protect yourself financially or not; but I always do.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I'm not "afraid" but I always take precautions to protect myself on financial transactions. I've done this when I had work done on my house for cash, or when I've bought anything (non-trivial) for cash. I will not pay for something without getting some sort of proof that I paid in full. Otherwise, it's too easy for someone to claim that you didn't pay, or only paid "part" of what was owed.

Some people take no precautions, and maybe it works out fine. But if there's a dispute, the ones with no proof are the ones who are going to lose in court. Feel free to protect yourself financially or not; but I always do.
    Thanks for the explanation, I was just thinking in terms of a used gun or similar, not something you might need warranty work or follow up on.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County

So, you buy a lot of services through INGO (work done on house, non-trivial purchases, etc.)? Who knew that was available?

From my chair, it looks to me like you're applying good rules for transactions outside of the INGO community for transactions made inside the INGO community. But who am I to judge ... whatever blows up your skirt and keeps you happy is fine by me.

Note to self ... add xwing to do not deal with list.

As always, add purple as desired/required.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

What about the possibility that post sale they deny ever having had any part of the transaction?

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    Well assuming your username welcome fellow crayon eater. Like most said people ask for LTCH and ID cuz it gives the warm and fuzzies. I don’t do bill of sale but if asked by seller depending how bad I want the item I would. To each their own. I’ve been asked for my card but rarely actually show it during a meet up. When I was stationed here with recruiting command i had a MI ID but my orders made me a resident and I had my LTCH. Only got refused one sell by a guy who didn’t like that I didn’t have Indiana ID. it sucks but I don’t take it personnel. On to the next gun lol.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Note to self ... add xwing to do not deal with list.

Really? :rolleyes: Don't actually care... Unlikely I'd buy a gun on here anyway, as I usually find better prices on gunbroker. But I follow financial precautions anywhere. INGO is just an internet forum; if you think there aren't any crooks or cheaters around here, you're dreaming.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Really? :rolleyes: Don't actually care... Unlikely I'd buy a gun on here anyway, as I usually find better prices on gunbroker. But I follow financial precautions anywhere. INGO is just an internet forum; if you think there aren't any crooks or cheaters around here, you're dreaming.
    You cared enough to quote me! I'll take that as a sign that you like me, and really do care. Thanks for the consumer advice.

dlandersson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2019
    Hammond
    You ask a lot of questions..................... You a cop?
    You HAVE to answer truthfully because I've asked you..................I watch alot of movies and know the law.
    Welcome to Indiana and INGO, and congrats on putting that shot-hole state in your rearview mirror.
    "I watch a lot of movies and know the law" - whatever happened to "I watch a lot of Law and Order s I know the law?

Top Bottom