• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Great idea. INGO should do something similar with INGO swag. Maybe give away some memberships, a donated firearm, ammo, etc... Buy an INGO "starter set" and enter to win ... I know the gemtech carts filled up quickly. They probably could have sold twice the amount of gear if they would have offered it up for a longer time.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    I stand my ground

It was a scam, and I fell for it like a bunch of other guys, I'm just as guilty and not upset with anyone but Gemtech for lying and myself for falling for it.

If there was any truth to it, VUPD would have won, cause he had #550.

The Outback 2 is a great can, I really like mine, but I have serious reservations about Gemtech from here on, not so wild about flying their flag, that's for sure!

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I don't believe for a second that it was a scam. All the guys at Gemtech are great guys and they are probably the most professional and most easy going industry people I work with.

I vouch for them. I say if you didn't win, you were not one of the 50.

This company makes millions and millions a year in the commercial and government side. Why would they tarnish the company name for a couple grand worth of .22 cans?

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion...

I always get in trouble for voicing mine, especially here.

But what's done is done, does not change how I feel about the suppressor I own, I am very happy with it, but it does change my future choices, and there are plenty out there when it comes to rimfire suppressors. You'll have the chance to see, for I will be using Beech Grove Firearms for my future Class 3 transfers, most certain.

You can send this entire thread, my comments and more on to them, PM me and I'll give you my name and mailing address.

I stand 100 % behind what I said and how I feel. I think it was a great scam, look how fast they sold out, a brilliant idea, I'm just pissed at myself for not realizing, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Like I said, everyone is entitled to an opinion, I have changed mine of Gemtech in light of this.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Just because you number is exactly 50 or 00 doesn't not guarantee sh*t. You are assuming waaaaay too much!! That works only IF they start with '0' then automatically go to '50' for the winner. What if they did a random thing where '0' to '50' and the winning number is '23'? Who knows what they went for a determination? If you are that p*ssed off,tell them so. I love every year when they pay the NFA my registration stamp if I buy their suppressor. To my knowledge,NO other company does that!!

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I don't believe for a second that it was a scam. All the guys at Gemtech are great guys and they are probably the most professional and most easy going industry people I work with.

I vouch for them. I say if you didn't win, you were not one of the 50.

This company makes millions and millions a year in the commercial and government side. Why would they tarnish the company name for a couple grand worth of .22 cans?

Exactly this. If they had said they were giving out 1000 free G5s id call bs too, but they have nothing to gain and everything to loose by lying about a bunch of .22 cans.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    If you look at the Gemtech Facebook page, at least one person on there (as of yesterday anyway) claims to have one. Good enough for me.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    LOL! 1 in 50 is 2% chance of winning. Nobody on here wins with a 2% chance and someone calls SCAM!?!? That's hilariously sad.

I would call it good marketing. They knew exactly how this would work.

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    Well I got mine and I didnt win oh well I like the shirt and the pouch works good holding my surefire flashlight in the car. Other than that the flag will look cool in the gun room and stuff. It is what it is, a gamble and I enjoyed the crap outta it. I still feel like I won by getting some goodies.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Like I said, it's a mistake to express my opinion here, I rest my case.

My choice, or your choice, matters not.
    Yes, it was a big mistake, because your opinion is complete and utter BS. The reason you're saying it was a mistake is because you can't defend your stance, you have zero evidence. How many people have posted in this thread that they ordered something and didn't win? I don't think it was more than fifty. So what gives? You know the odds are fifty to one, and you scream out scam when 1 person doesn't win out of 15?:laugh::laugh: Yes, I counted them, and if I counted right there were 15 people that posted in the thread that they didn't win. Seems to me like the only scam here is your BS post.

ETA, I think this guy just has a "beef' with Gemtech and he's trying to drum up some sort of BS on them. I gave him neg rep, and I think everybody else should too.

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    wow. Overreact much? Rotor Talker is a good guy, he expressed his opinion, but there is no need to go raking him over the coals for it.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Add me to "I didn't win" list but that will make VUPDblue happy and rub it in after all the grief I gave him :D

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Expressing opinions are fine... but don't express them if you aren't prepared for negative reactions. That's life.

I agree, go ahead and express them, but be prepared to back them up with supporting evidence, or take a little heat for it.

I didn't see any evidence at all. He thinks because 15 people here didn't win, well, make that 16 now, it was a scam. That is complete, utter BS.

And that is coming from a guy that isn't a big fan of Gemtech in the first place. Certainly I wouldn't be defending Gemtech unless I felt they were getting the raw end of the deal from some guy that all of the sudden thinks he's picked out a scam based upon the "I didn't win" responses of 16 guys on the internet. Come on, give me (and Gemtech) a break.

Top Bottom