Gem Tech Tundra and what is your favor 9mm pistol to supress? Two Threads in One!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Any of you recommend one threading over another for the Gem Tech Tundra?

I know that "American" pistols typically coming with 1/2-28th threading and Euro pistols come with M13.5X1 threading. Many barrels can be ordered with either threading, can't though?

Anyone have a recommendation on price/availability of one over another? I currently don't own a threaded 9mm pistol, but I need to jump on this before the promo date ends and would appreciate any advice you can give.

I don't know tool I will be eventually hooking this up. I rarely buy American made pistols. Not for any reason other than I haven't found one to "fit" me yet.

What do you recommend as a nice pistol to attach to a can? Thanks! :rockwoot: :ingo: :ar15::n00b:

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    Do you own a Glock? You can get a threaded barrel from lonewolf between 100-125.

A threaded glock might be your cheapest suppressor host, saying you can pick up a used glock for under 500 and you can have a host for under 600.

Lonewolf threads 1/2x28

If you have a USP, you can have a threaded barrel for about twice the amount for the lonewolf barrel.

USP is m13.5x1

plus USP magazines are damned expensive.

What kind of handguns do you have?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Get a Lonewolf barrel for your Glock.

My G17 with LWD threaded barrel.
    33732G17suppressed_003.jpg

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have a Glock 22 in .40 that I just purchased a threaded 9mm conversion barrel + a G19 threaded barrel.I used Lone Wolf for both of these.I bought the Tundra in 1/2X28 thread that was in the other Gemtech posting about the free tax stamp.I think my Tundra will be in next week so I will have to make the trek to Lafayette to start my paperwork process.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Lone Wolf might be a good way to go. Looks like they use the "american" threads for their barrels. I also noticed they do custom laser engraving. Fancy-sauce!

Thank you to all who contributed. If anyone else has any advice, please let me know.

I'm going to email the dude today and mail my check tomorrow, I think.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Lone Wolf Distributors Inc.
    57 Shepard Road
    P.O. Box 3549
    Oldtown, ID 83822-3549

I could have sworn that the barrel I bought for my Glock in .357SIG was a booth LWD had set up at the 1500. Although, it is not out of question for someone to distribute stuff on their behalf there.

With Gemtech and LWD both in ID, it makes for a pretty fun state I bet.

Top Bottom