• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Really, are the people pushing the electric car doing so because of the economics or is it from rabid devotion to the cult of green energy. Who is the primary benefactor of the cult of green energy? Cults and religions come and go over history, but there is always somebody making bank from them.

Always follow the money

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Really, are the people pushing the electric car doing so because of the economics or is it from rabid devotion to the cult of green energy. Who is the primary benefactor of the cult of green energy? Cults and religions come and go over history, but there is always somebody making bank from them.

Always follow the money
    I think it is more sinister than that. It is far easier to control a population that can only travel 200 miles a day than one that can travel 1000 miles with very little effort. I would not be surprised if every EV on the road is actively monitored in real time. If a person needs to make more progress, he has to use public transportation that has active monitoring of everyone traveling. We will see more and more people that will be denied passage. An oppressive government can use any excuse. Tax judgments, court orders, bad social score, even the participation in spike protein shots with patented DNA sequencing. I don't doubt that controlling people is at least part of the equation.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I think it is more sinister than that. It is far easier to control a population that can only travel 200 miles a day than one that can travel 1000 miles with very little effort. I would not be surprised if every EV on the road is actively monitored in real time. If a person needs to make more progress, he has to use public transportation that has active monitoring of everyone traveling. We will see more and more people that will be denied passage. An oppressive government can use any excuse. Tax judgments, court orders, bad social score, even the participation in spike protein shots with patented DNA sequencing. I don't doubt that controlling people is at least part of the equation.
    Absolutely. All the new EVs come with the latest tracking, kill switches, etc. Every Tesla is monitored and remote accessed 24/7, and as we've learned in the past anything that is on a corporate server is an open book for the government.

The point is to restore a kind of feudalism where travel is only for the wealthy and connected. The people of Indiana and Georgia and Montana and Texas won't be able to show up on the streets of DC to revolt. Their cars will simply be disabled along with their social credit score-connected ability to buy plane or train tickets.

Reactions: Leo

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The batteries are getting better all the time. A few months ago, I started looking into them and I was impressed with the advancements they’ve made in the last few years. That gets us into the acceptable driving range territory. The problem for me is recharge time. I know I’m repeating myself (from an earlier post) but this is a deal breaker for me. Sitting around for hours with a home charger or maybe…maybe an hour with a quick charger is not acceptable. If you’re driving an EV truck, pulling a load, those interruptions will be much more frequent than those with a gas engine. And that’s if your route coincides with the availability of charging stations.

Five - 10 years might be a feasible time frame. It will be interesting to see how the public adapts to the life style changes these things will force in the meantime.
    Estimated 108000 public charging stations in the US in 2021

Estimated 608000 EVs in the US 2021

There might be a wait for the wait to charge :lmfao:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Gas prices are more universal for the gen population. The cost of diesel fuel will be hitting you all soon as well.
    Trucking works off a Fuel Surcharge this was in acted back in the 70’s. Basically it takes the cost of fuel down to about $2.00 it is separate from the line haul rate to ship something. It updates every Monday it’s outrageous mine has increased $300 in a month.
    I am cherry picking loads now it’s not profitable to haul low paying freight. It cost about $1000 or more to fill a truck. A storm is coming!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Gas prices are more universal for the gen population. The cost of diesel fuel will be hitting you all soon as well.
    Trucking works off a Fuel Surcharge this was in acted back in the 70’s. Basically it takes the cost of fuel down to about $2.00 it is separate from the line haul rate to ship something. It updates every Monday it’s outrageous mine has increased $300 in a month.
    I am cherry picking loads now it’s not profitable to haul low paying freight. It cost about $1000 or more to fill a truck. A storm is coming!
    A friend posted this on FB the other day after filling his tank on his semi. He posted a similar photo a few days earlier.

284155339_5331080543622440_1485101829466434176_n (1).jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Would cost me $1397.50 right now for 250 gallons of regular unleaded
    I can't imagine spending this much for gas more than once a week. I don't know how often he has to fill up, but it is on a regular basis for sure. And people wonder why the cost of everything in the stores is going up....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The batteries are getting better all the time. A few months ago, I started looking into them and I was impressed with the advancements they’ve made in the last few years. That gets us into the acceptable driving range territory. The problem for me is recharge time. I know I’m repeating myself (from an earlier post) but this is a deal breaker for me. Sitting around for hours with a home charger or maybe…maybe an hour with a quick charger is not acceptable. If you’re driving an EV truck, pulling a load, those interruptions will be much more frequent than those with a gas engine. And that’s if your route coincides with the availability of charging stations.

Five - 10 years might be a feasible time frame. It will be interesting to see how the public adapts to the life style changes these things will force in the meantime.
    I think for some use cases it’s ideal. Like daily commuter where you have two vehicles and the other is ICE. Drive the EV to work and back, errands, etcetera. Charge it overnight. Rinse/repeat. Not all that great for long trips so use the ICE vehicle for trips.

Or, certain business fleet vehicles that require a similar daily cycle.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Always follow the money
    I think it’s both. But, at some point the green industrial complex exploits the cult in service of money and power.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think for some use cases it’s ideal. Like daily commuter where you have two vehicles and the other is ICE. Drive the EV to work and back, errands, etcetera. Charge it overnight. Rinse/repeat. Not all that great for long trips so use the ICE vehicle for trips.

Or, certain business fleet vehicles that require a similar daily cycle.
    Agreed.

To your second point, I was watching a youtube video a few months ago and they were showing off new battery powered mini-excavators and wheel loaders. I can see they’d have their places…as long as you could opportunity charge them during the day and have all night to top them off.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Agreed.

To your second point, I was watching a youtube video a few months ago and they were showing off new battery powered mini-excavators and wheel loaders. I can see they’d have their places…as long as you could opportunity charge them during the day and have all night to top them off.
    We might watch the same YouTube channels. Dirt Perfect?

Top Bottom