• ...and so much more!
  • squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Well last night was a bunch of fun...

Around 10:30 my girlfriend got home from a BBQ with some friends, and while we were talking we started nearing some noises out side. There is a group of kids (black hoodlums) that have been causing issues , breaking in to peoples cars, houses and back yards, smoking pot in the parking lot all day, and causing a lot of noise at night, fighting. You know the normal stuff for kids. </s>. They decided to jump a guy and his fiancee in a 7-1 fight right out side my door. I called the cops and the neighbors saw the fight and came out with a guns drawn. The kids scattered and the cops got to our place. About 30 seconds later the cops pealed out and got 3 or 4 of the kids.

These kids also pulled up his shirt and had a pistol in his waist band. It was an airsoft gun, but it's a great way to get shot. They got lucky they had the cops here as fast as they did. The property managers have been having issues with them and now it looks like they finally got the stuff to kick these punks out.

I'm expecting some kind of retaliation from these thugs for calling the cops and stopping their murder attempts. Time to keep the head up..... and hope I don't have to put rounds in these kids.

#EDIT

I forgot to put in a shout out to IMPD for their attitude with me during the whole thing. They were very professional and didn't freak out that I was carry my Pistol open on my hip.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Section 8 and Hud are the major cause of this.

These rat packs are now the Norm. They know you will not catch them all in a flat out foot race.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    No good. Stay alert. Mind if I ask where you are at? I used to live in southport. If you don't want to say for anonymity I understand though...

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Church. The complex I live in no longer accepts Section 8 or HUD. The old owners used to but they have been working to get the Section 8 out. Most HUD recipients I know don't have issues some people do.

Masterdekoy, I live near the Walmart by Shelby

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Church. The complex I live in no longer accepts Section 8 or HUD. The old owners used to but they have been working to get the Section 8 out. Most HUD recipients I know don't have issues some people do.

That is a positive in your favor.
    Section 8 and Hud destroyed the 3 complexes near us.
    Not all section 8 folks bring trouble. Just a small percentage but it only takes a few to stir up the area.
    Stay alert. Be with your lady when she comes and goes for a while. Do not let her alone out front.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    If it's on the Internet it's true church...you can't lie on the internet, it's a rule of the internet handbook! And to op, I still say go Bronson, nail ridden 2x4 booby traps and all!

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I live in Illinois but I think the section 8 laws will probably be similar in Indiana. About 15 years ago the house across the street from us went section 8 and yes we had just what you expect for our new neighbors. What we found out might be of interest to anyone with the same problem. Had a talk with the section 8 lady that took care of our area. Very nice lady who believed government help should be a "helping hand" not a career for people who don't want to work. Her advice was to call cops whenever things got out of hand and have the police write out a police report when called. That produces a paper trail showing they are "disrupting the neighborhood." This will if the section 8 agent is any good get them kicked out of the system.
    Also at least in Illinois the sect 8 voucher will state how many are to be living in the house. In our case the woman and three kids the oldest a thug want-a-be moved in with her boyfriend. Us and a couple other neighbors wrote statements to the fact he had moved in the same day as her and the kids. The good news is she immediatley lost the sec 8 voucher so they were no longer living off my tax money. The bad news is they dont get kicked out if they start paying the rent. They did move after a couple more months and the next nest of rats moved in. The owner finally sold the house and it is now lived in by the owners so that finally worked out. Hope that helps someone, Jim.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I live in Illinois but I think the section 8 laws will probably be similar in Indiana. About 15 years ago the house across the street from us went section 8 and yes we had just what you expect for our new neighbors. What we found out might be of interest to anyone with the same problem. Had a talk with the section 8 lady that took care of our area. Very nice lady who believed government help should be a "helping hand" not a career for people who don't want to work. Her advice was to call cops whenever things got out of hand and have the police write out a police report when called. That produces a paper trail showing they are "disrupting the neighborhood." This will if the section 8 agent is any good get them kicked out of the system.
    Also at least in Illinois the sect 8 voucher will state how many are to be living in the house. In our case the woman and three kids the oldest a thug want-a-be moved in with her boyfriend. Us and a couple other neighbors wrote statements to the fact he had moved in the same day as her and the kids. The good news is she immediatley lost the sec 8 voucher so they were no longer living off my tax money. The bad news is they dont get kicked out if they start paying the rent. They did move after a couple more months and the next nest of rats moved in. The owner finally sold the house and it is now lived in by the owners so that finally worked out. Hope that helps someone, Jim.

WE had 2 House near us go section 8. Not one pleasant experience with the occupants. One crew was semi-OK for the most part but their friends were not.
    Way to many things to list in here just know we were so glad when they sold off and the owners now live in them.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

There's the problem. That area is CRAP these days.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I second the move. How can you afford not to move?

Typically with an apartment lease there are some severe financial penalties to try and break the lease early. The best case scenario is often a months notice and two months rent penalty, that would be hard for many.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Quite often it's not the section 8 person per se but the worthless loser thug boyfriend they insist on hooking up with that causes the problem. They glom onto some woman that has a place and a check coming in.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just wondering aloud, but couldn't the kids just be bad? OP didn't even mention their family being Section 8, and I'm not even sure how he would know one way or the other. How did we make that leap?

Top Bottom