• ...and so much more!
  • rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    You are right about the prices.

On the other hand, I walked into Beech Grove Firearms the same day (a wonderful experience, by the way) and was told immediately that if I was looking for an AR15 I was out of luck. The last one had sold just before I got there. Fortunately for me, that wasn't the purpose of my visit.

My point is that you sometimes have to balance price and availability.

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I was in BGF the day after the election and they had two ARs. The nice old guy behind the counter wearing the "DAD" shirt said it was the last one in Indy. I laughed but I guess he wasn't kidding!

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Greg at Beech Grove Firearms (the owner) seemed to imply that Popguns might still have had some Saturday. Folks were coming to Beech Grove for the price after visiting Popguns, and they cleaned him out.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I've frequented the GM Castleton location for roughly two years, and I bought my Glock 26 there as well as a surplus Mosin m44 carbine. Yes, they tend to be pricier than most, but I've yet to experience any customer services issues there, even when they're really busy. I don't buy ammo there unless I have to, I've found a few good deals there.

duboismd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Indy
    I'm glad someone has had a good exerience at GM in Castleton. I have not had one and will not spend another penny there. IMO their service is consistently the worst I have experienced in any type of store.

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    I live right around the corner from GM in Castleton so I go in there often to check things out. They wanted $100 more for my new Glock 23 than what I paid for it at PSS. Everything seems pricey but it is damn convenient for me. I'm new to shooting so I had to buy glasses, ear protection, cleaning kit, small pistol safe etc. so I bought them there. Good selection.

If you need me to check pricing or availability on anything there don't hesitate to ask. More than glad to help.

dkc485

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Greenwood
    I've been going to the gander mtn in Greenwood for at least a year now. yes their handgun prices are high, but they will price match.
    case in point, I just purchase a rock island g.i. from them. when the gentleman helping me went to call the local shop we matced it to, to verify price and availablity, he couldn't find the number in the phone book. I even offered to let him use 411 off my cell phone to call(i had called the other shop a few days previously to verify myself). Instead, he just gave me it at the price I had gotten from the other shop and matched it. Just took my word on it. Thats good customer service in my opinion. I've only had one bad experiece with Gander, and the store manager took care of it in a manner that satified me fully.
    I can justify spending a little extra on ammo than having to drive somewhere else to save some money on it. just my :twocents:

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    I bought my Judge at gander mt purely on the fact they were the only ones to have them in ($499). However, going in there and asking questions I find that they are quick to respond and they are not very helpful. There is one gentleman in there almost everytime I go and he strikes me as the type who thinks he is better than everyone.

well that's my two cents on castleton gander mtn.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I bought my Judge at gander mt purely on the fact they were the only ones to have them in ($499). However, going in there and asking questions I find that they are quick to respond and they are not very helpful. There is one gentleman in there almost everytime I go and he strikes me as the type who thinks he is better than everyone.

well that's my two cents on castleton gander mtn.

Did you check AAC in mooresville? They had them at the 1500 for $409ish.

DJDan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    North Indy
    I visited the Castleton location today on my lunch break to pick up 100 rounds of 7.62X39, look for mags, and a soft case to carry my new SKS. I looked around the firearm section for ten minutes with ZERO acknowledgement. I did, however notice that they left a Kimber Carry pistol completely unattended on the counter for the entire length of my stay. :rolleyes:

I finally had to engage a salesperson (JIM) while he was busy ignoring me and breaking down boxes. Me-" Excuse me...do you have any 7.62X.." Him "ON THE END CAP!!" without turning around to even look at me. Me-"7.62X39 besides what's on the end cap?" Him-"NO!" I then started to ask another question while he swiftly walked away. He didnt smile, greet, nothing...just loud short answers...unbelievable.

I follow him, a little irritated and let him know I was also looking for magazines. Him-"For what!?!?" Me-"For SKS". Him-"NO!" No mags for SKS, AK's, JUST AR's!" He said this while throwing his arms in the air and making a slashing "that's it" motion.

At that point I dropped the (very overpriced) ammunition back onto the shelf, put the gun bag down I had picked up, walked directly to the manager and explained that I had planned to spend around $150 had items in my hand, and instead decided to put them down and purchase over the internet, or another retailer due to my experience. He started defending his "salesperson" and I told him I really didnt care to hear it, told him to have a good day and left. He made no attempt at a save, nor did he have any interest in doing so...that much was apparent. I told him I would not be back.

I'll happily give my money to ANYONE else but them. GM SUCKS.

Last edited:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have bought from the Castleton GM a number of times simply because they had what I wanted and no one else close to me did. Supply and demand.

Yes I could have kept looking but a bird in the hand is worth ...........

If you want and if they have. You pay.

Top Bottom