• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DJDan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    North Indy
    I decided to write to Gander Mountain just to see what would happen. The more I thought about this the more frustrated I became. I'll keep you updated to any response but I won't hold my breath for one.

Here is what I wrote.

Good afternoon,

On 2/16/09 I visited your store at approximately 11:15AM. I visited your Castleton location in Indianapolis, IN. I went with a specific purpose of purchasing parts for a riflescope, a rifle case, and 200 rounds of 7.62X39 ammunition. I went to the firearm department to look for what I needed. Although there were three employees and only one other customer beside myself I was not greeted or acknowledged in any way.

I quickly located some ammunition but could only find one brand and was curious if I was missing some. I asked a gentleman who was within 10 feet of me breaking down boxes if there was any more ammunition of the specific type I was looking for. Before I finished he loudly interrupted and said "ON THE END CAP!" which is what I had already located. I asked if that was it. "THAT'S ALL!" He loudly exclaimed. Not during any of this did he turn from what he was doing or make eye contact with me...no smile, greeting...nothing. I began to ask another question and he just walked away. I had to chase the gentleman down to ask another question to which I was treated even worse while being talked AT, not to. I asked for a specific magazine. "NO! No SKS, NO AK, JUST AR15!" while making a slashing "nothing else" movement with his hands.

I was at a loss as to what to say. I took the items in my hand and put them back onto the shelf where I found them and went to speak to the store manager. I explained my situation, my frustration, and basically gave him a chance to right the wrong, or do anything. The manager started to defend the salesperson instead of trying to right the wrong, or help me out in any way. The phrase "what can I/we do to make this right" or anything similar never came out. The store manager apparently had as much interest in "saving" the sale as the employee did of "making" it, which is to say little to none.

I purchase thousands of rounds of ammo per year, countless amounts of gear and several guns as well. I come to your store because of its convenience and location, not prices...I can easily find what I want online for less but sometimes instant gratification is enjoyable and occasionally I indulge myself. This was one of those times, and to be treated with such utter disdain for my interest, the potential sale, or my feedback as a consumer I can't see what would ever make me walk through those doors again. I was excited when I walked into the door of your location...excited to purchase items for a firearm I had recently aquired.

I walked out with nothing and in a sour mood...disappointed in a wasted trip, a loss of my personal time on my lunch break. I skipped eating to make a trip into your store to spend money and have fun and that is what I left with. I'm curious to know if anyone in the Gander Mountain Corporation cares enough to actually do anything for me...to maintain me as a customer, or if the way I was treated is status quo.

I'll be looking forward to what anyone has to say or do. Thank you for your time.

Very sincerely,

Dan---------
    317-508-----
    djdan-------@-----.com

Top Bottom