• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Alright I'm not just trying to stir things up I'm trying to decide my next purchase. I love Glocks but I keep hearing such great things about the XD. so....

Compare and contrast the Glock 19 and the XD9.

I've had a G19 and loved it. I think its the most practical handgun on the planet. But how does it hold up to the XD9. Lets hear it!

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    A fairer comparison would be a G26 versus an XD9 Sub-Compact or a G19 versus an XD9 Service.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    A fairer comparison would be a G26 versus an XD9 Sub-Compact or a G19 versus an XD9 Service.

And the choice between those two is purely subjective, IMHO. Which one feels better in your hand, points better, looks better to you?

Objectively, one is as good as the other.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    If you were in or around bloomington I would let you shoot my XD. for me it jsut feel better in my hand, is it grip angle? idk but they are shooters for sure

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    After owning both I will say it is nothing more than what you like. I wouldn't feel in the least at a disadvantage with either. Some people like the Glock some prefer the XD. If you like the Glock be sure to try out an XD you never know you may be surprized. Same thing with the XD owner.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    The XD won't give you glock leg.
    :draw:

To be fair, though, it may give you XD leg.

I had tried Glocks before the XDs were imported, but I found the XD and liked it better.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    notagain.jpg
    Handle both and buy what fits you better :draw:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    More like how does the XD hold up to the G19. Lets wait about 10 yrs and see.

That's very good advice. Since the Gen I Glock is nearly 14 years older than the HS2000, and everybody withheld judgement on the Glock until it had been around 18 years, then decided that 18 years was the magic number and it should be good to go.

I wouldn't buy any of those new Generation IV Glocks until about 2026 though. By then you'll be able to know if they can hold up to the GenI-IIIs.
    :dunno:

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Just probing everyone's thoughts. I've been a die hard glock guy for years and would like to branch out but every time I do I'm disappointed. So I'll see if I can get my hands on an XD and shoot it.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just probing everyone's thoughts. I've been a die hard glock guy for years and would like to branch out but every time I do I'm disappointed.

You need to get your hands on a HK, Sig 226 or 229...maybe even a P250....Browning HP.....maybe something else....

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    More like how does the XD hold up to the G19. Lets wait about 10 yrs and see.

The XD is a HS2000 with Springfield markings. Identical weapons and produced by the same company in the same plant. All parts are interchangeable. I'm not sure 9 years is going to be much different than 10. Technically the HS was in production and on the market prior to 2000 so there is your 10 years.

The XD is head and shoulders above the gLock. The gLock is a good pistol, but it is inferior to the XD. Period.

Accuracy, reliability, trigger. The fact it won't explode if you use lead bullets.

Thats the final word. :twocents:
    :cool:

Top Bottom