• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I won’t be going again probably ever, even though my wife likes corn dogs and Turkey legs, but as I was watching the local news either Fox or WRTV, a reporter interviewed a lady fair spokesman who said that fair goers this year will have to all pass through a
    Magtrometer
    to insure weapons which are not allowed anyway, are checked for.

Let us know in INGO your State Fair Security experience.

Thanks

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Do what the gang bangers do. Send the wife and kids in. Have her meet you at the fence. Pass your weapon to her. Enter the fair and meet back up with her.

I'm with you. I have no interest in going into that hood unarmed. Last visit we parked in the infield. The next year I heard they were wanding at the infield tunnels too. So between no weapons and not wanting the hassle of going through security everytime we didnt want to pay to ride the to get to the other side of the fairgrounds, we stopped going.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    FYI - security has been this way for a small handful of years now - as far as magnetometers go.

Also - my family and I have been several times over the last several years - and haven't had a single issue with anyone at any time.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    FYI - security has been this way for a small handful of years now - as far as magnetometers go.

Also - my family and I have been several times over the last several years - and haven't had a single issue with anyone at any time.
    Yes. Troopers do a great job on property. My concern is the space in a radius several miles outside the fence. And leaving a gun in the car is a bad idea.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    JBT privilege, activate. If I go, I'll be able to show my special treatment badge and get to carry my gun. If I do get into a shooting, I'll make sure to mag dump/spray-n-pray. If I don't run the other way when the SHTF...
    I thought you just curb Stomped one the the “security” on the way in and the others left you alone.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    With prices at the state fair I don't know why anyone concerned about being robbed would go in the first place. I can get in for free, park for free, and carry there and still won't go. 100% not worth it when I can go to Holiday World for a day cheaper with more and better rides, pretty good food, lighter crowds, way easier traffic, and I'll probably see a cow in the field on the way for my animal barn experience.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    With prices at the state fair I don't know why anyone concerned about being robbed would go in the first place. I can get in for free, park for free, and carry there and still won't go. 100% not worth it when I can go to Holiday World for a day cheaper with more and better rides, pretty good food, lighter crowds, way easier traffic, and I'll probably see a cow in the field on the way for my animal barn experience.
    I like to go for the food and to pet the animals. My daughter likes to ride the rides. But yeah, you have to work a bunch of OT or ODE to pay for it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I can't imagine the fair prices are getting any cheaper? With inflation and fuel prices that officials and vendors have to pay, on top of the labor issues, it's got to be crazy expensive?

I haven't been for a few years, since the state's anti-gun moves. Last time I was there, it seemed pretty expensive then?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I like to go for the food and to pet the animals. My daughter likes to ride the rides. But yeah, you have to work a bunch of OT or ODE to pay for it.

Ever been down to Wilstem Ranch in the Paoli area? They have a petting zoo and also exotic animal encounters. "Meet" and touch giraffes, elephants, kangaroos, and a host of other critters. They have bears but they won't let you touch them. Probably because they are bears. It's not terribly expensive and it's a fun trip.

We went to a lot of zoos and petting zoos when my son was little, and Wilstem was a favorite. Zoopolis was really cool, but I think they got shut down.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Ever been down to Wilstem Ranch in the Paoli area? They have a petting zoo and also exotic animal encounters. "Meet" and touch giraffes, elephants, kangaroos, and a host of other critters. They have bears but they won't let you touch them. Probably because they are bears. It's not terribly expensive and it's a fun trip.

We went to a lot of zoos and petting zoos when my son was little, and Wilstem was a favorite. Zoopolis was really cool, but I think they got shut down.
    Never even heard of it. But might have to make a trip down soon.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My wife asked me about going just yesterday. We agreed it is not worth it, even with free admissions. We will do something else fun instead.

Visited the Hendricks Co fair again the year. No issues, as per usual. Not big, not fancy, not cheap, but still family-friendly.

Top Bottom