• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Thought about going tonight, but I decided to go Sunday instead. Looks pretty awesome from the trailers.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    It did look good in the trailers. Thought about going to see it but I hate paying movie ticket prices. Might go to an early show tomorrow.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I was thinking about posting and asking if someone saw it yet. Sounds like I will be going to see it soon!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It did look good in the trailers. Thought about going to see it but I hate paying movie ticket prices. Might go to an early show tomorrow.

I love watching movies on the big screen but damn it is expensive.

Have a great flat screen and decent surround. I may wait for the DVD release. My beer is cold and my popcorn is the best. Plus a bad A$$ recliner.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I went to AMC Thursday night, because their website indicated it was on the Imax screen. Well, it wasn't, so I was disappointed in that, but the movie was great!

The King Tiger tank in the movie is the only one in the world in running condition. It is owned by a British museum, and it was supposedly the very first one captured by the allies.
    Cool guns in the movie, too, such as the STG-44, Grease Gun, and of course the Browning .30, and Ma Deuce. There were also Panzerfaust bazookas, and it looked like there were German 88mm anti-tank guns. There were also two types of Sherman tanks, as far as I could tell. The older, rounded armor version, and the later angled armor version, along with what appeared to be a larger gun with a muzzle brake. The older one looked like it had the old French 75.

Overall, I thought the movie was fantastic.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    I went to AMC Thursday night, because their website indicated it was on the Imax screen. Well, it wasn't, so I was disappointed in that, but the movie was great!

The King Tiger tank in the movie is the only one in the world in running condition. It is owned by a British museum, and it was supposedly the very first one captured by the allies.
    Cool guns in the movie, too, such as the STG-44, Grease Gun, and of course the Browning .30, and Ma Deuce. There were also Panzerfaust bazookas, and it looked like there were German 88mm anti-tank guns. There were also two types of Sherman tanks, as far as I could tell. The older, rounded armor version, and the later angled armor version, along with what appeared to be a larger gun with a muzzle brake. The older one looked like it had the old French 75.

Overall, I thought the movie was fantastic.

I read somewhere that the director made a special effort for details.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I love watching movies on the big screen but damn it is expensive.

Have a great flat screen and decent surround. I may wait for the DVD release. My beer is cold and my popcorn is the best. Plus a bad A$$ recliner.

And, if some rude a&&hole starts talking on his/her cellphone, you can darn sure kick'em out.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Just got back from the film. Absolutely fantastic. If you're going to spend the money on movie tickets let it be for this one.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Saw it last night. Great movie. I didn't think it had quite the plot or emotional tug of Saving Private Ryan, but was still a solid story line and had GREAT action scenes. Very good attention to detail and as many of the reviews said, had some pretty bloody combat. I would definitely recommend going.

2 Dings against the movie:

Way too much profanity...to the point it was like the writers were trying to break a record for most profanity in a movie. It definitely didn't add much to several of the scenes other than make you think "wow, did they really need 4 F-bombs in that line to make the point?" Add to that the use of profanity in WWII wasn't anything near what was shown in the movie based on accounts of a lot of WWII veterans, and you have another case of writers doing it just to do it.

Some of the tactics in the battle scenes looked like they were based more on video game "suicide rushes" than actual battle tactics that would have been used at the time. Then again, it was a movie and sometimes the best way to get combat is a frontal assault vs. a careful pincer or flanking maneuver. That said, they did have cases where men ran out of ammo instead of unrealistic unlimited ammo scenes. At least they are learning in that respect!

Again, highly recommend seeing the movie...worth the price of admission. Gives you yet another reason to thank a veteran for their service to our country.:patriot:

Top Bottom