Funny Political Picture Thread Part VI***Yeah it got worse.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Of the three Yamato-class hulls, Musashi’s took the most punishment (usually reported as 19 bombs, 17 torpedoes) before sinking. Perhaps Musashi-sama’s spirit would have been pleased with his namesake ship’s resilience?
    Part of the problem was uncoordinated torpedo attacks. When going after Yamato, pilots were instructed to concentrate torpedo attacks on the port side. Eventually counterflooding became impossible.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Hyōhō Niten Ichi-ryū is mainly known for the two-sword—katana and wakizashi—kenjutsu techniques Musashi called Niten Ichi (二天一, "two heavens as one") or Nitō Ichi (二刀一, "two swords as one").

Potatoes potatows

Edit: Also, 2 is1, 1 is none applies to 16th c. Ronin as well!

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    JZd0YME.png

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It expanded your possibilities for defense, which in turn expanded the possibilities for attack, all while constraining your opponent due to the need to not present an opening to the second sword. The only weak point to me is the need to wield a two handed weapon with one hand

Given my meager skills, I would certainly believe thrusting and/or point work would be difficult and the possibility of being disarmed while blocking would be increased. I would expect the style to favor attack over defense (I have not studied it)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    it helped that Musashi was a big guy, not to take anything away from his message or fighting style. He's revered by more innovative Japanese folks who get sidelined a lot in their business culture which focuses more on conformity.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    it helped that Musashi was a big guy, not to take anything away from his message or fighting style. He's revered by more innovative Japanese folks who get sidelined a lot in their business culture which focuses more on conformity.
    If Sun Tzu had also been a Samurai, that would be close to what Musashi was. He was a warrior sage

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom