Funny Political Picture Thread Part VI*** It can't get any worse...can it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    os3Wb2s.jpg

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh

The artist may be getting a “cease and desist” from Chuck Jones’ or Ted Geisel’s estate. Jones - whose work I have enjoyed since childhood - was a big admirer of FDR, not to mention WaPo’s “Herblock”, so if Jones’ daughter Linda sees this she might have a bad reaction.

The artist could have drawn Grinchy Joe sniffing Cindy-Lou Who, instead of patting her on the head . . .

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The artist may be getting a “cease and desist” from Chuck Jones’ or Ted Geisel’s estate. Jones - whose work I have enjoyed since childhood - was a big admirer of FDR, not to mention WaPo’s “Herblock”, so if Jones’ daughter Linda sees this she might have a bad reaction.

The artist could have drawn Grinchy Joe sniffing Cindy-Lou Who, instead of patting her on the head . . .

"Fair use" in satire...

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    "Fair use" in satire...

Perhaps, but anything can be litigated.

Sometimes the satirizing artist will include an “apologies to . . .” caption for the original artist.

Herblock even did that when he drew a Road-Runner/Coyote cartoon to criticize Reagan’s opposition to the Sandanistas in Nicaragua.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Here's an interesting piece from the WSJ about the overwhelmingly focus on negative Covid reporting in the US as compared to scientific journals and media in other countries. TDS is postulated as a possible explanation, and I suppose that to an extent, that is true.

But imo, the main explanation is that the media know that most Americans love that ****. Covid reporting is like a car crash with dead bodies every night on the local news. I know because I have been married to one of these dirty laundry fans for 39 years. A big consumer of doom and gloom about the virus, she dismisses any possible positive information as fake. I wonder if she is related to some Ingo posters.

https://apple.news/AwzvjXCYQRty1OMSF50d2EQ

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Even with that schnoz, it's hard to smell things through a mask.

With that said, I've had a mask on and (much to my displeasure) had occasion to remark,"I smell bowel. Do you smell bowel? I smell bowel."

(In other words,someone farted and the mask that's supposed to prevent the virus from passing through it could not stop the malodorous anal expulsion.)

But don't worry, President Mao..... er, "Biden"..... will have an unConstitutional mask mandate for all of us pretty soon.

Blessings, and God help us,

Bill

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom