• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Daughter is walking the aisle for her masters this Friday. What can I expect? Wands, signs, pat downs?

In today's climate (not the weather) I do not feel particularly like going in unarmed. Seeing the first of my clan get a masters degree is something to remember tho.

Any input?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Daughter is walking the aisle for her masters this Friday. What can I expect? Wands, signs, pat downs?

In today's climate (not the weather) I do not feel particularly like going in unarmed. Seeing the first of my clan get a masters degree is something to remember tho.

Any input?

Although the Coliseum a publicly owned facility by Allen County, it is being rented for use of schools graduation. It would be the renters choice.

Lucas Oil Stadium is a perfect example.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I imagine that the college prefers a GFZ. But signs and law and all that. I just need to know if they have metal detectors, wands, pat downs or just bored security.

Need to know how to dress for the occasion and all that.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I imagine that the college prefers a GFZ. But signs and law and all that. I just need to know if they have metal detectors, wands, pat downs or just bored security.

Need to know how to dress for the occasion and all that.
    Navy blazer and bowtie? :dunno:

I honestly don't know - last time I went to an event there, they had metal detectors.
    I guess you have a choice: Risk having to do the walk of shame back to the car to stash a gun, or going without a gun.

My guess is they'll be more sticklers about masks.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Well this is better news for me, thanks guys. I am planning to carry and if I have to walk back to my vehicle it will give me time to draft a letter complaining to the university about it.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Well this is better news for me, thanks guys. I am planning to carry and if I have to walk back to my vehicle it will give me time to draft a letter complaining to the university about it.
    The biggest downside to having to walk back to stash the weapon in the vehicle is, now at least a few know there's a firearm in that unattended vehicle...

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Guess I can put on a show about getting something out of there while I leave the gun there.

Hate the idea that I can not help in the protection of me and mine. If it becomes a big issue I will miss the walk, but I will bitch about it for a while after.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Guess I can put on a show about getting something out of there while I leave the gun there.

Hate the idea that I can not help in the protection of me and mine. If it becomes a big issue I will miss the walk, but I will bitch about it for a while after.
    Well, just don't let it become a big issue. This day isn't about you or guns, it's about you daughter and her achievement.

Sometimes we just have to accept a situation as it is.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    The big issue would be if I was told to get out. I will comply, I will even remove the gun and return if possible. If not allowed back in I will bitch about it afterwards.

I do not accept that a few off duty police, or security guards are going to provide adequate protection for me and mine. I, most likely, can not provide the protection needed in a bad situation, but I am hoping to have the chance.

It's not like I plan to flash my Concealed Carry badge at them. I am grey, through and through.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    The biggest downside to having to walk back to stash the weapon in the vehicle is, now at least a few know there's a firearm in that unattended vehicle...
    The couple times I have had to do this I moved the car quite some distance in the lot. Not a perfect solution but one more option if being observed. Also have a gun safe in my vehicle although not foolproof.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The big issue would be if I was told to get out. I will comply, I will even remove the gun and return if possible. If not allowed back in I will bitch about it afterwards.

I do not accept that a few off duty police, or security guards are going to provide adequate protection for me and mine. I, most likely, can not provide the protection needed in a bad situation, but I am hoping to have the chance.

It's not like I plan to flash my Concealed Carry badge at them. I am grey, through and through.
    Just curious - what do you do when you travel abroad?

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I went to a High School graduation in Tulsa OK a few years ago. It was not held at a school, I didn't carry a gun with me. The line going is was long and it was taking some time to get to the front. They had wands going over everyone, that's what was taking so long. I thought crap, my knife, I'm going to have a long walk back to the car....it never went off...they weren't turned on or they were set very low. Don't be surprised if they are off or set low.

Top Bottom