friendly service reminder: Oil stored mags!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    While obvious, I went organizing some stuff I had in deep storage and discovered I had some pretty rusty mags! They WERE all pretty good looking ak mags when I saw them last time. They had been oiled at some point (should have been more oily I guess?), and shoved in a cardboard paper box probably 10years ago. I went hunting for some other stuff and happened to check on my mags and about crapped. If you have stuff floating around in deep storage, go take a peek! Might be glad you did!

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    While obvious, I went organizing some stuff I had in deep storage and discovered I had some pretty rusty mags! They WERE all pretty good looking ak mags when I saw them last time. They had been oiled at some point (should have been more oily I guess?), and shoved in a cardboard paper box probably 10years ago. I went hunting for some other stuff and happened to check on my mags and about crapped. If you have stuff floating around in deep storage, go take a peek! Might be glad you did!

I discovered 12, loaded, steel, 30rd. AK_47 mags a couple of months ago in some surplus, German, magazine pouches that were covered in rust on the outside. Luckily the insides were not too bad. They cleaned up pretty well, considering how bad they were. Check your stored gear more often! *Note to self.

Top Bottom