• ...and so much more!
  • Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    Shooters,

Our Friday Night Steel match will be this Friday, June 1th at 6 pm. We will have 5 challenging courses of fire. We will begin course setup at 5:00 pm, and we'll need help from volunteers. We will have sign-up at 5:15 pm and a shooters meeting at 6:00 pm to explain the rules and to form squads. At 6:15 pm sharp, we plan to begin shooting. We'll be charging $10 for club members and $15 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $10 with your first paid entry.
    FNS is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas! Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

* PLEASE TAKE NOTE *

We have Friday Night Steel bumper stickers available for purchase. They can be purchased during sign in at all Friday Night Steel events.

If you wondered where to purchase the Friday Nights Steel gear that some of the RO’s were wearing. You can now purchase Official Friday Night Steel shirts and hats at Café press

Friday Night Steel : Inertia Unlimited Apparel

* PLEASE MAKE A NOTE AS THIS HAS CHANGED *

5 magazines or speed loaders is now the minimum requirement. If you do not bring enough magazines to complete all of the strings of fire, you will receive the maximum time for the strings of fire that you were unable to complete. We will not allow shooters (or their friends) to load magazines at the shooting line in between strings of fire, as it slows down the shooting procedure for other competitors.

With our numbers continuing to grow we ask that everyone does their part to make the match run as smoothly as possible. Be ready when it is your time on the firing line. Help to reset the steel. Volunteer to keep score.
    If you're new to competitive shooting, we encourage you to check out the following site. It shows upcoming shooting events for 3-gun, Action Pistol (Bianchi Cup), Bowling Pin Shooting, Cowboy Action Shooting (SASS), ICORE, IDPA, Multi-gun, Steel Challenge, and USPSA. The sight is now listing results for FNS so be sure to check them out.
    Indygunracers.com - Indiana Competition Shooting Information

Don’t forget about the Bowling Pin Shoot (Fourth Saturday) at Marion County Fish and Game.

www.indyrange.com

If you have any questions, let me know.
    Sincerely,
    Anton C Howard
    FridayNightSteel@gmail.com
    "As to species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with a ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson 8 Papers of Thomas Jefferson 407 (J. Boyd ed., 1953)

If you wish to be removed from this list, please email me and you will be promptly removed.

Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    Shooters
    Due to some recent dirt work, parking may be muddy. Shooters will need to plan accordingly, as you may have to park farther away from the line than normal.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Is there a minimum age limit? Sean may like to try his new 22/45 at this. Which leads to the next question: Does anyone have 3 spare magazines for a Ruger MKIII 22/45 he could borrow for this match, if we are able to attend?

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Is there a minimum age limit? Sean may like to try his new 22/45 at this. Which leads to the next question: Does anyone have 3 spare magazines for a Ruger MKIII 22/45 he could borrow for this match, if we are able to attend?

Real good chance I will make this shoot and I have 3 or 4 mags for the 22/45.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I would like to do a "wheelguns only" squad if there's enough interest out there. Basically, everyone shooting a revolver would be in the same squad with me as the RO. Sound like fun? Then put away the plastic autos and bring out some classic iron! I'll be rockin' the Colt King Cobra old school style!

Oh, and Jason Conley, you have to remove the optic if you wanna play :D ;)

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County

Joe
    I will be there ,Right on time after work as is normal.
    If I shoot my 22/45 I will have 1 spare mag.
    If I don't shoot it I will have 6 you can borrow for the evening.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I would like to do a "wheelguns only" squad if there's enough interest out there. Basically, everyone shooting a revolver would be in the same squad with me as the RO. Sound like fun? Then put away the plastic autos and bring out some classic iron! I'll be rockin' the Colt King Cobra old school style!

Oh, and Jason Conley, you have to remove the optic if you wanna play :D ;)

I think it's a great Idea. I'm going to have to find a revolver that holds more than 5 rounds:D

How about a 1911 only squad:ar15:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    sounds like we need MORE than one Friday Night Steel a month....

Problem with that is you'd need an entire new crew to staff it, as the usual suspects are already overworked. That, and I think it would draw more folks out, thereby not doing much to alleviate the capacity issue. That is, you'd probably end up having 2 matches with like 70 guns each, instead of one match with 90.

Limiting the match to 1 entry per shooter makes sense, at least for the most popular months (May-August).

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Want does it take to make the approved list to help? I've offered my services, no takers, (understand I am new to FNS but not Range Operations .. ran plenty of Ranges as an Officer in the Army and went to Training to be a US Army Range Officer). NRA RO Certifications? USPA Cert? I ran everything from .45 Cal to 105 MM Main Tank Gun Ranges.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County

I'm in! I've started practicing some with the Python. :ar15:
    I'm trying to talk Kr_treefrog2 into coming. She would probably be shooting a .22 rifle.

Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    Want does it take to make the approved list to help? I've offered my services, no takers, (understand I am new to FNS but not Range Operations .. ran plenty of Ranges as an Officer in the Army and went to Training to be a US Army Range Officer). NRA RO Certifications? USPA Cert? I ran everything from .45 Cal to 105 MM Main Tank Gun Ranges.

Singlesix
    Be sure you talk to me and I will pair you up with an RO for the night.
    Thank you very much for volunteering

BrandonM

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    I like both opinions. I think having it twice a month would be great, but also limiting it to one gun is also a good idea. I would love to do FNS twice a month, it is more costly to do so, but it is well worth it to me. Maybe just have it twice a month on the metioned months above? Where FNS is the busiest?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    If you did look at going twice a month, maybe have .22 night.

As I said before, I will not mind stepping up to RO once I get some training.

I guess I assumed we were trying to draw more shooters, since we had a table at the 1500.

Top Bottom