Fresh Thyme's corporate policy concerning firearms is.........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The one in Lafayette had a sign, no idea if they still do though. I ignored it, and they never said anything when I was open carrying so...

Did you get reasonable customer service there? SWMBO wasn't pleased with how she was treated the few times she went to that store.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Did you get reasonable customer service there? SWMBO wasn't pleased with how she was treated the few times she went to that store.

They didn't bug me, but the couple of times I had a question they were helpful. The meat and deli counters you occasionally have to get their attention, but usually they ask if they can help you. Depends on how busy they are behind the counter. But even when busy they've always been polite.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Meijer is headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI.

I knew Meijer was based in MI; had no idea where Fresh Thyme was, or that they were related to/owned by Meijer (apparently Meijer was quiet about that relationship initially).

Per the linked article, though, Fresh Thyme is (was) based in Downers Grove, IL, which likely explains their earlier choice of signage.

Rbooher7526

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Fresh Thyme is probably my favorite store with Meijer coming in a close second. I have never seen a "No firearms" sign at either Fresh Thyme's Fishers or Carmel location. However, I still wanted to know the corporate policy regarding firearms in their stores so I took the liberty of sending them an email.

Today I asked them if they have a policy prohibiting firearms or if they follow state laws in regards to firearms. Here is their reply:

"Hi Bobby, thank you for messaging us, and we appreciate your concern on this matter. We reached out to our team, and we abide by state laws and guidelines in this situation. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with!"

Needless to say, I was happy with the response and intend to keep shopping there. I just wanted to share the news with everyone on here in case there were a few others wondering about Fresh Thyme's corporate policy. :)
    I shop Meijer and have always carried. I normally pay no attention to gun free signs unless its the courthouse, or police station. I figure all they can do is ask me to leave. I will continue to shop Meijer and now I'll pay Fresh Thyme a visit.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    They didn't bug me, but the couple of times I had a question they were helpful. The meat and deli counters you occasionally have to get their attention, but usually they ask if they can help you. Depends on how busy they are behind the counter. But even when busy they've always been polite.

To add to this a bit, it is very different then let's say shopping at my local Kroger. Kroger employees are trained to interact with the customers. It's actually part of the job description, smile, say hi, if you see them looking for something ask if you can help them find it, etc. Fresh Thyme, it almost seems at times they are taught the exact opposite. Ignore the customer unless approached. It doesn't really bother me, but I can see how it would some. That could be what SWMBO is talking about.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm as equally surprised to see all these no-nonsense gun toting conservatives spending money at a hoity-toity store like Fresh Thyme.

I thought I was the only liberal pansy on here...;)

Doug

Top Bottom