• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I decided not to go this year, I had planed on going. But I decided I'm not really a collector and after reading this thread about the prices I think I'd need to do much more research to make informed bids.

There is still Ring 2 (ammo/accessories) which ends tomorrow and I've my eye's are on that.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You got that for $600? I looked at it, nice gun! Only S&W L-Frame there. Lot 853 was a bridge too far for me. @Smith& W left with his wheelbarrow full of guns when I left.
    I was surprised I put in my max bid and kept it at that, even with the premium/tax it's still cheaper than you'll get one on Gunbroker.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You got that for $600? I looked at it, nice gun! Only S&W L-Frame there. Lot 853 was a bridge too far for me. @Smith& W left with his wheelbarrow full of guns when I left.
    I bought that one, the 3 inch S&W 13-4, and a Ruger MKII 5 inch blued slab side which i'm probably more excited about actually.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    I left with one, I didn't own an N-Frame and now I do.

I grabbed the Model 27 which came up before the Model 66-1. I thought $1,000 was a bit much. I wouldn't have chased that one that far.

A few other on my list (the ones @Smith& W didn't buy, he bought 3 that were on my list) were in the range I was willing to go. Don't know how far the "other bidder" would've chased.

Also, I'm not an M-1 Garand guy. One went for $6K. Not sure why.

The Hi-Points and Jennings went for about what you'd expect.
    I’m not an expert on M1 Garands but I do know a little bit about them. The one you saw that went for almost $6000 brought that much because it was an International Harvester M1. The same IH that made farm equipment for decades also made a certain number of M1s. These M1s always bring premium prices because of the IH name.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I’m not an expert on M1 Garands but I do know a little bit about them. The one you saw that went for almost $6000 brought that much because it was an International Harvester M1. The same IH that made farm equipment for decades also made a certain number of M1s. These M1s always bring premium prices because of the IH name.
    6 grand? That had better have been an all matching mint IH.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    @Smith& W is a sneaky bidder, he bought two guns and I didn’t see him move. :lmfao:
    You don’t gotta see him move, he doesn’t want you to see him move. He doesn’t want you to know who you’re bidding against, the auctioneer is already looking at him to see if he will advance the bid, he’s in the mix. An eye blink, a nod, if he got in…the auctioneer will always look back to him till he says…nope. You won’t see that either.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You don’t gotta see him move, he doesn’t want you to see him move. He doesn’t want you to know who you’re bidding against, the auctioneer is already looking at him to see if he will advance the bid, he’s in the mix. An eye blink, a nod, if he got in…the auctioneer will always look back to him till he says…nope. You won’t see that either.
    When he was out it was obvious. As fast as things were moving I probably looked the other way for a moment.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Will we see him at guns shows trying to double his money?
    (The collective “we”, I don’t go)
    He didn't strike me as a flipper, but one never knows.

Lot 349.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    He didn't strike me as a flipper, but one never knows.

Lot 349.

$6k for a FrankenHarvester? Holy crap. Either she didnt know what she was doing, or I am WAY off on my understanding of M1 value. I thought the only ones going for big money like that were all matching serials. If this value is in line, I cant imagine what a complete IH would go for.

Top Bottom