• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    My experience at Freedom was I was offered $250 for a Colt 6920 AR15. I asked him if he was serious, and he said, "yeah, those aren't worth a lot on the used market, we'll probably only get 4-500 out of it. Then he proceeded to tell me that I needed to get rid of the M16 bolt carrier, because it was illegal.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Haha, yes, because INGO is the end all be all of firearms experience. No instead of talking about guns on the internet, I go out and shoot them, and yes, hang out in gun stores. I HAVE had bad experiences, as has most everyone who has purchased more than 5-6 guns. I've purchased well over a hundred in my lifetime, and yes, some bad experiences have come up. Not a lot mind you, but to suggest that anyone who has a bad experience at a gun shop is at fault, and that gun shops are always on the up and up is just ignorant.
    No...
    INGO isn't the be all, end all, in firearms experience.
    But anyone with an ounce of maturity knows that after you read and discuss THOUSANDS of posts with others you can then make an educated decision as to whether a person is "arrogant" or simply knowledgeable.
    Your "experience" in life is limited by your time on the planet, and by reading all of your posts I've discovered that you're a thirty something, person who likes to put his opinions and beliefs in everyones face.
    Well, keep it up. I hope you live long enough to reach an acceptable level of maturity.
    You'll be amazed by how little you know right now.
    BTW a one hundred gun lifetime count is a good start. :D

My experience at Freedom was I was offered $250 for a Colt 6920 AR15. I asked him if he was serious, and he said, "yeah, those aren't worth a lot on the used market, we'll probably only get 4-500 out of it. Then he proceeded to tell me that I needed to get rid of the M16 bolt carrier, because it was illegal.
    I call monster :bs:
    You're going to have a difficult, if not impossible, time convincing anyone on INGO that you were low balled by that much at any gun store.
    Unless or course they had reason to believe that the AR was stolen and didn't want to lose the full value of it when they turned it over to the Police.
    In any case I'll check with Tim at Freedom Arms and find out if it's their policy to offer less than 20% of a premium firearms value for trade in. :lmfao:

AceDerringer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have bought several guns from freedom, never had an issue.... i will admit they can run high on some things, but i usually give them a shot ....I wont say the same for when it was H&H...we have a family pass to the range, and I like the lights rule...if you have ever stood outside next to the door open without hearing protection on when some one shot you would understand it too....

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    No...
    INGO isn't the be all, end all, in firearms experience.
    But anyone with an ounce of maturity knows that after you read and discuss THOUSANDS of posts with others you can then make an educated decision as to whether a person is "arrogant" or simply knowledgeable.
    Your "experience" in life is limited by your time on the planet, and by reading all of your posts I've discovered that you're a thirty something, person who likes to put his opinions and beliefs in everyones face.
    Well, keep it up. I hope you live long enough to reach an acceptable level of maturity.
    You'll be amazed by how little you know right now.
    BTW a one hundred gun lifetime count is a good start. :D

I call monster :bs:
    You're going to have a difficult, if not impossible, time convincing anyone on INGO that you were low balled by that much at any gun store.
    Unless or course they had reason to believe that the AR was stolen and didn't want to lose the full value of it when they turned it over to the Police.
    In any case I'll check with Tim at Freedom Arms and find out if it's their policy to offer less than 20% of a premium firearms value for trade in. :lmfao:
    I was absolutely lowballed by that much. I am assuming he was a newbie, seeing as he thought an M16 bolt carrier was illegal, so maybe he didn't know the true value, or maybe he was just trying to get what he thought was an illegal firearm off the street? I don't know the answer, but I DO know it was a negative experience that had zero to do with me.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    If you want to check, it was approximately September of last year, and it was the African American gentleman with a larger build that I spoke to. I'm tired of you old farts that think you know everything because you've trolled an internet forum for years. I know very little in the big scheme of things, and i've found that anyone who claims to know pretty much everything, ie: YOU, are likely trying to cover up some sort of deficiency. "The more I know, the more I know that I don't know"

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Haha, yes, because INGO is the end all be all of firearms experience. No instead of talking about guns on the internet, I go out and shoot them, and yes, hang out in gun stores. I HAVE had bad experiences, as has most everyone who has purchased more than 5-6 guns. I've purchased well over a hundred in my lifetime, and yes, some bad experiences have come up. Not a lot mind you, but to suggest that anyone who has a bad experience at a gun shop is at fault, and that gun shops are always on the up and up is just ignorant.

Well, from your comments - I personally think 90% of your problems is YOURSELF. I also have purchased over 100 guns (have most of them yet), and have been in and dealt with Gun Shops all over Indiana and some in Kentucky, also have dealt with Pawn shops - never can say I have left mad or disgruntled. Sure have seen many that had high prices - I sure don't have too, nor did I buy from them - their shop - their prices - fine with me. Same with rules - their shop - their rules. If I don't like the rules or methods, it sure doesn't bother me, I either abide by their rules or leave - nobody can force me to be in their shop!

I have never had an employee insult me in any shop in the 50+ years I have been buying - yeah I'm 72 years old. I also still shoot quite a bit, belong to the NRA (Life), and the Linden Conservation Club, (great range). I won't say everyone that has had a bad experience in a gun shop is at fault - but in my experience MOST ARE either at fault or have greatly contributed to the problem. A gun shop that insults the customers for no reason definitely isn't going to stay in business long. With your comments, I also feel sure you won't care much for INGO, quite certain many people here will tell you the truth - to me don't sound like you much care for that.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Well, from your comments - I personally think 90% of your problems is YOURSELF. I also have purchased over 100 guns (have most of them yet), and have been in and dealt with Gun Shops all over Indiana and some in Kentucky, also have dealt with Pawn shops - never can say I have left mad or disgruntled. Sure have seen many that had high prices - I sure don't have too, nor did I buy from them - their shop - their prices - fine with me. Same with rules - their shop - their rules. If I don't like the rules or methods, it sure doesn't bother me, I either abide by their rules or leave - nobody can force me to be in their shop!

I have never had an employee insult me in any shop in the 50+ years I have been buying - yeah I'm 72 years old. I also still shoot quite a bit, belong to the NRA (Life), and the Linden Conservation Club, (great range). I won't say everyone that has had a bad experience in a gun shop is at fault - but in my experience MOST ARE either at fault or have greatly contributed to the problem. A gun shop that insults the customers for no reason definitely isn't going to stay in business long. With your comments, I also feel sure you won't care much for INGO, quite certain many people here will tell you the truth - to me don't sound like you much care for that.
    What makes you say that? My only issue is the fact that he asserted ANY person that has a problem with a gun store is at fault. I was simply trying to point out that that is flawed assumption. I maybe shouldn't have stated it so harshly, didn't know he would get so upset about that. I know just enough to know for certain that there are ***holes in gunshops. Most of them are not the owners. A lot of the smaller gunshops around here hire their buddies, and pay them in credits towards shop purchases. Those guys are typically the uninformed care zero about customer service, and even less about the guns their selling. I had one guy yell at me as I entered their store that OC is illegal in Indiana. With all your wisdom, whos fault was that?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    What makes you say that? My only issue is the fact that he asserted ANY person that has a problem with a gun store is at fault. I was simply trying to point out that that is flawed assumption. I maybe shouldn't have stated it so harshly, didn't know he would get so upset about that. I know just enough to know for certain that there are ***holes in gunshops. Most of them are not the owners. A lot of the smaller gunshops around here hire their buddies, and pay them in credits towards shop purchases. Those guys are typically the uninformed care zero about customer service, and even less about the guns their selling. I had one guy yell at me as I entered their store that OC is illegal in Indiana. With all your wisdom, whos fault was that?
    Like Larry said.
    Your problem is YOU.
    After reviewing all of your posts again, I now doubt seriously if you're much over 21, if that.
    You exhibit every trait of a juvenile mentality.
    I won't be bothered by you any more!
    BTW
    I've met the "Black man" that you spoke of at Freedom Arms.
    He's one Hell of a lot more knowledgeable about firearms than you profess to be and I'm damn sure he didn't shoot you that ridiculous low ball figure that you stated.
    I'll be checking on that too.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Sure sure... be sure to ask him about the difference between an Ar-15 and an M16 bolt carrier, and which one is legal.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    Wow this is typical INGO here, beating up on someone for expressing their opinion. I've personally never had a bad experience at Freedom Firearms (no reason to have any experience with them now that ZX is right across the street) however one of my close shooting buddies had quite the experience there. He was at the range one night and he range officer was shooting with someone, low and behold the RO had a ND and the projectile ricocheted off something grazing my friends leg. The response from FF, is that they simply tried to cover it up and nothing was resolved. I myself with never do business with them or step foot in their store.

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    every time I come home on leave I try to shoot at there range last year they tried to tell me I needed a new year long membership to shoot for a couple hours one day a year. After some talking last year I just bought my sister one so she could shoot while I was away and was her guest for the day. That same day I tried to get a box of carry ammo and a mag for my glock which I was OCing they refused to sell the mag to me or the ammo to father since I was 19 at the time and couldn't legally buy a handgun and they considered it a star purchase for the weapons I had just paid to shoot at their range...yeah needless to say since they changed owners I have been unpleasantly disappointed in their services.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    every time I come home on leave I try to shoot at there range last year they tried to tell me I needed a new year long membership to shoot for a couple hours one day a year. After some talking last year I just bought my sister one so she could shoot while I was away and was her guest for the day. That same day I tried to get a box of carry ammo and a mag for my glock which I was OCing they refused to sell the mag to me or the ammo to father since I was 19 at the time and couldn't legally buy a handgun and they considered it a star purchase for the weapons I had just paid to shoot at their range...yeah needless to say since they changed owners I have been unpleasantly disappointed in their services.

They clearly can't trust a guy who runs around with anti-tank missiles at work to safely handle something as dangerous as carry ammo, let alone a magazine.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Nope....
    In fact, in forty seven years of buying firearms, I've never had a bad experience in a gun store.
    IMO people who do have problems in gun stores, make the problems themselves.
    :twocents:

You've obviously not read my post on pop guns and how the guy who grabbed my item from the back room was grumpy, bordering on rude, and the other guy on duty (who was running the register) decided I needed to wait for the man ahead of me to fill out his 4473 and get it called in before I could hand him my cash for a single accessory item. :n00b:

Curious how that was my fault I had a bad experience?

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    You've obviously not read my post on pop guns and how the guy who grabbed my item from the back room was grumpy, bordering on rude, and the other guy on duty (who was running the register) decided I needed to wait for the man ahead of me to fill out his 4473 and get it called in before I could hand him my cash for a single accessory item. :n00b:

O yes how can you not see it, that was all caused by YOU!

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN

Nope...
    I didn't read your post...
    Sorry, I didn't realize that reading all of your posts is required before I can express my opinion.:rolleyes:
    BTW
    You and a couple of others have manufactured a problem with me that didn't exist until you took it upon yourself to be offended by my opinion.
    I named no names, and made no inferences yet you took offense to my post.
    Thanks for making my point for me.
    You manufacture problems where none exist. :laugh:

Bsubtown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 19, 2013
    Dekalb county
    I have never had a good experience at freedom but have not really had a bad experience either. At this point they are a place I may stop in if other stores are out of whatever it is I am looking for. I think their prices are on the high side compared to the other stores in the Fort Wayne market but not so overpriced as to make me never want to go back. I remember going there and looking at a Benelli SBE2 and not in the mood to buy. I was shower the shotgun and the salesperson made it seem like it was a hassle. In a way I guess it was it was likely clear I was not taking a hunting shotgun home just after hunting season ended.
    I think on some level a salesperson has, as a job responsibility, to try to make a sale. If part of making that sale is showing multiple guns and answering questions that seem like have obvious answers, so be it.

Lets not forget that we are all human and can have bad days which can leak into our work.

When you get good service, you remember. When you don't you never forget.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Lets not forget that we are all human and can have bad days which can leak into our work.
    When you get good service, you remember. When you don't you never forget.
    True....
    I've worked many years as a sales person in part time jobs and have had to work on days that I'd rather be anywhere else.
    I make it a point to start a conversation with a salesperson so that I have an idea of their mood and also of their knowledge of the products.
    Maybe that's one reason why I've never had a bad experience with sales people, or owners, in gun stores. :dunno:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort

Guess its all in the way you look at things. Grumpy people don't bother me much - probably many take me to be the same :>). If you put yourself in the other persons shoes, (the guy buying a firearm and filling out his 4473) he would have probably felt put upon if the person helping him allowed later customers to move in front - just because they had "one item". From your description, he was there first, spent quite a lot more money. I feel sure you would have complained if you were in his shoes and the clerk started serving others before completing your sale!

I often hear people complain "they ignored me so I left". Personally I am very hard to ignore, I will and do request help when I want it and have never been "ignored". Truthfully, I like to browse the firearms (and prices) in a gun shop without a salesperson interrupting me. And I am damn sure not bashful - I will ask for help when I want it. I am not "tender skinned" or emotional, I will interrupt a BS session to get help when I want it - I also engage in BS sessions with many owners / salespersons when they are not busy. It sure doesn't bother me when they stop talking or paying attention to me if we are just shooting the shxt to help customers (that's their business and living).

SafetyOff2A

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2013
    Noble County
    If you want to check, it was approximately September of last year, and it was the African American gentleman with a larger build that I spoke to. I'm tired of you old farts that think you know everything because you've trolled an internet forum for years. I know very little in the big scheme of things, and i've found that anyone who claims to know pretty much everything, ie: YOU, are likely trying to cover up some sort of deficiency. "The more I know, the more I know that I don't know"

That is the gentleman who handled my transaction there.
    No, he isn't a newbie. Lol.

Top Bottom