• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I get a warning when I open that page!! " note this page is encrypted and any information you enter may be sent to a third party"
    I advise not doing it on those grounds.It has to be a scam....oh wait there is more...it needs your credit card for shipping lol.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I get a warning when I open that page!! " note this page is encrypted and any information you enter may be sent to a third party"
    I advise not doing it on those grounds.It has to be a scam....oh wait there is more...it needs your credit card for shipping lol.

I did not get the warning you describe, but that they want six bucks for shipping didn't seem too bad to me. I just checked my bank and I have a pending withdrawal from them for $5.95.

Thanks for posting about the warning you got, though-I'll keep checking my bank to ensure I don't get any more charges from them or anyone I don't recognize.

Thanks also to the OP for letting us know about the offer.

Blessings,
    Bill

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well every household needs one of these emergency radios IMHO and "for free" is a pretty good offer, one thing I did notice is that they also give you a free subscription to their magazine & it'll automatically "renew" itself (along with charging your credit card for that renewal subscription) if you do not cancel it.

So do not forget to cancel that renewal.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    To me it looks like a group that will try to send out magazines and other junk in the future.

The reason you are getting the security message is because and unencrypted page is loaded with an https instead of an http. I changed the url to FREE Radio before I opened it in my browser.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Keep in mind that you have to cancel your subscription to Newsmax magazine too, otherwise they'll bill your credit card.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Got my radio today. Amount charged to my card: $5.95, as advertised.

Made in China. First line of text after the diagram of the radio:

"High appreciation for your favor, read the Operating Manual carefully before using."

I am guessing that Bushido Devil Dog did not review this one. :hehe: :)

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom