• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So what's it going to take to arm our schools.
    One to two guns in every classroom would be sufficient but I'd even settle for one per building. Arm the teachers, the maintenance department, the secretaries, the theatre geeks, the landscapers. Arm somebody!!

One gun would have made a world of difference.......one bullet.......Bullets Lives Matter!

........second thought, don't arm the theatre geeks :rolleyes:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Just knowing that there is at least one firearm in the building might make a difference on the decisions of the potential shooter.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just knowing that there is at least one firearm in the building might make a difference on the decisions of the potential shooter.

Cowards, just cowards.

Lets push to fix the mental health system. This is the real issue in all of the last mass shootings.

Total nut bags running amok.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Exactly.
    If it was implemented correctly, it would be announced to all that all schools are armed . I believe this would deter "some" of the crazies out there.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So what's it going to take to arm our schools...

While this is a decent idea, we don't have to do it stop the mass shootings. All we have to do is eliminate the gun free zones. Quite simply, if you are licensed, you can carry there.

The shootings will stop because the cowards will have no where to go where they won't run the risk of getting shot first.

Now is the time, as our president suggests, to politicize this issue. Lets get a bill on the floor of congress to eliminate GFZ's in any establishment that accepts any federal funding. Of course, we need to follow that up on the state level also, which will be easier once this becomes the national narative.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Cowards, just cowards.

Lets push to fix the mental health system. This is the real issue in all of the last mass shootings.

Total nut bags running amok.

But this guy didn't really have a documented history of mental health issues, so I'm not sure how much it would have helped.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    But this guy didn't really have a documented history of mental health issues, so I'm not sure how much it would have helped.

This one, yes. There was probably nothing that could be done, but several of the others, IMO could have been prevented. I don't think putting guns in more hands is the best solution. I don't think guns should even be the focus. These guys would've snapped if guns didn't even exist.I think rather than vilifying firearms, we should vilify the **** poor recognition and treatment of mental health.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This one, yes. There was probably nothing that could be done, but several of the others, IMO could have been prevented. I don't think putting guns in more hands is the best solution. I don't think guns should even be the focus. These guys would've snapped if guns didn't even exist.I think rather than vilifying firearms, we should vilify the **** poor recognition and treatment of mental health.

I think we'd make a lot more progress if we stopped creating a culture of telling people it's okay to be a victim. If we stopped telling kids that they deserve nothing but good things all the time. If we convinced young people that their self worth didn't come from how famous or notorious they are. If we stopped vilifying men for promoting a culture of being men.

Young men have fewer and fewer ways to compete against each other and to test their mettle. But as the world gets smaller, they have much larger social circle to which they are constantly compared.

It used to be young men had a community of a few hundred to compare themselves against. Now with social media they are comparing themselves against groups of millions.

Not only do young men have fewer outlets to channel their aggression, but they are taught that any aggression is wrong, despite it being a natural part of growing up.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Nice little piece... except the part about LEO not moving fast enough.

I know it wasn't meant as a jab, but I don't see where they faltered.

It isn't a criticism of LEOs. They just couldn't be fast enough to save the victims.

Likewise, "When seconds count, the police are minutes away" isn't a jab at police. It is simply recognizing reality.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Wouldn't be taking the time to ask what religion you are as the first question if area isn't thought to be safe. Probably search or ask about weapons first. That might change the dynamics

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    It isn't a criticism of LEOs. They just couldn't be fast enough to save the victims.

Likewise, "When seconds count, the police are minutes away" isn't a jab at police. It is simply recognizing reality.

Again, I didn't read it as a jab. They didn't wait for hours trying to determine what was going on tho... so they did the best possible.

I also realize that "help" can't be there all the time so you should bring your own.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    [video=youtube;b2I93N6H_eM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2I93N6H_eM[/video]

My other point is the title, "Air Force vet on Umpqua campus was not allowed to assist victims"

If I've made the decision to assist, I'm not sure how someone's going to "not allow" me to do it.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Here is the problem with America today. I saw someone post this on Facebook today. "If you have to force it leave it. Relationships. Friendships. Yoga poses. Perfect pony tails. Let that **** go." In other words if it's too hard it's not worth working at. We're spoiled as a country and it has corrupted us. I see this same person post liberal **** all the time like coexist and bla bla. Yeah I can coexist with someone who wants to kill me until they actually do and I'm dead.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    This it's why it's so vitally important to change the victim mindset especially on school campues. Everyone must learn to prepare themselves to put up resitance and fight the threat with every means at their disposal. IMO that is the only logical way to combat these types of instances. Learn to Stop being victims. It's your only chance.

I think this is a great point. The fight or flight instinct is natural. Often time flight is the best option to preserve your own life. But if forced into the fight, fight by golly. Never give up the fight.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Here is the problem with America today. I saw someone post this on Facebook today. "If you have to force it leave it. Relationships. Friendships. Yoga poses. Perfect pony tails. Let that **** go." In other words if it's too hard it's not worth working at. We're spoiled as a country and it has corrupted us. I see this same person post liberal **** all the time like coexist and bla bla. Yeah I can coexist with someone who wants to kill me until they actually do and I'm dead.

Hey, what's wrong with "coexist"? ;)

Top Bottom