• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I've stopped following the story. Latest thing I saw today was that he was a "black islamist" and he was on a Russian terror watch list that Obama refused to take from Russia.

Once the conspiracies reach that point, I've lost interest.

Hmmm... I guess that explains why you didn't break in with the link about him being exposed to CIA thought control experiments during his 5 weeks "in army boot camp."

;)

(N.B. I didn't actually see anything like that, but I'm confident it is out there.)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also, a follow-up on that CNN doctored image: More research on it returns mostly Infowars links... so it's probably something cooked-up by them.

Disregard.

Edit: Oregon Shooter’s Father Absolves Son: Guns, Not His Parenting to Blame

I wonder if outside groups get to these people before they say things like this... I mean, surely there's a check from Bloomberg sitting on his counter that assisted with his anti-gun opinion, right? Or is it natural to try and put the blame on something when it's probably your own fault in some way, or your son's fault?

Last edited:

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Edit: Oregon Shooter’s Father Absolves Son: Guns, Not His Parenting to Blame

I wonder if outside groups get to these people before they say things like this... I mean, surely there's a check from Bloomberg sitting on his counter that assisted with his anti-gun opinion, right? Or is it natural to try and put the blame on something when it's probably your own fault in some way, or your son's fault?

We already know the answer to that question. Nobody wants to place the responsibility on humans. WE are superior and cannot be at fault.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    but also something about how he was a "ying" looking for a "yang" (ying and yang being two different kinds of wiccan types... I cant recall the names that were actually used.)

I won't bore you by going into more detail but Yin and Yang are merely Chinese descriptors for the different sides of all things. Completeness is symbolized by the Taiji Gerk, the yin and yang are the white and black "fish" inside the circle.

e730bb14-6567-45ab-8e87-2f5730f4970b.jpg

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Exactly. He could have been mistaken for the shooter by 1st responders. Not a good position to put yourself in.

Simple rule for the first responders: they guy lining up victims and taking head shots = bad guy.
    The guy holding a gun, but not shooting anyone = good guy.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I know the gun banners are scrambling to fight the GFZ part of this. It appears legally that it was not. But the school told their students and faculty that it was and apparently that was generally complied with.

Yes, it was a gun-free zone: not by law, but by lawful school policy. Under current Oregon law, concealed carry permit holders can legally carry on campus. Under current case law (Oregon court of appeals), public universities cannot enact policies that prohibit firearms from the grounds of their campuses, but CAN enact policies that prohibit firearms from the premises (buildings, facilities). Umpqua has such a policy, that prohibits the possession or use of firearms on the premises.

So, a permit holder would not be in legal jeopardy for violating that policy, but would be subject to school discipline (trespass, suspension, expulsion, etc.).

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This one, yes. There was probably nothing that could be done, but several of the others, IMO could have been prevented. I don't think putting guns in more hands is the best solution. I don't think guns should even be the focus. These guys would've snapped if guns didn't even exist.I think rather than vilifying firearms, we should vilify the **** poor recognition and treatment of mental health.

There may be, and probably is, much more we as a society can do with respect to mental health. That said, it is impossible to identify/stop every person who will snap, without grossly violating the rights and liberties of the law-abiding.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Yes, it was a gun-free zone: not by law, but by lawful school policy. Under current Oregon law, concealed carry permit holders can legally carry on campus. Under current case law (Oregon court of appeals), public universities cannot enact policies that prohibit firearms from the grounds of their campuses, but CAN enact policies that prohibit firearms from the premises (buildings, facilities). Umpqua has such a policy, that prohibits the possession or use of firearms on the premises.

So, a permit holder would not be in legal jeopardy for violating that policy, but would be subject to school discipline (trespass, suspension, expulsion, etc.).

All it takes to create a gun free zone is to put up a sign. Any argument about whether the law prevents carrying is simply an attempt to confuse the issue.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's confounding/disappointing that most people voting for her won't hear what she just said.

She's running on, among other things, taking dictatorial actions against the constitution because she finds that mindset to be popular with her base.

She is saying she will, by her royal decree, change laws to reduce gun violence.

There is absolutely nothing good about that, and she should never be given the chance to be tested on this. She's running as a dictator, and her voters don't give less of a ****. America's in a weird place right now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's confounding/disappointing that most people voting for her won't hear what she just said.

She's running on, among other things, taking dictatorial actions against the constitution because she finds that mindset to be popular with her base.

She is saying she will, by her royal decree, change laws to reduce gun violence.

There is absolutely nothing good about that, and she should never be given the chance to be tested on this. She's running as a dictator, and her voters don't give less of a ****. America's in a [STRIKE]weird[/STRIKE] very dangerous place right now.

FIFY...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why must our opponents, who repeat such absurd things, be the ones that are considered "right".

Ian Mercer, Oregon shooter's dad: 'That's what guns are, the killers' - Washington Times

Okay, the dad's a douche nozzle.

“It has to change. How can it not? Even people that believe in the right to bear arms, what right do you have to take people’s lives? That’s what guns are, the killers. Simple as that. Simple as that. It’s black and white. What do you want a gun for?”

An honest media would have asked the [STRIKE]dad[/STRIKE] douche nozzle, "what right did your son have to take other people's lives?"

Top Bottom