• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think this is a great point. The fight or flight instinct is natural. Often time flight is the best option to preserve your own life. But if forced into the fight, fight by golly. Never give up the fight.
    I would whole heartedly agree that flight is the best option if at all possible. Get out of harms way if you can but if not you are in all reality the first line in your own defense and anyone who would try to prohibit your means from doing so, such as in the case of the University misrepresenting Oregon state law regarding the legality of campus carry, does a great disservice.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Unconfirmed, but apparently CNN altered his picture to make him more white? Can anyone find where this came from?

CQcaTm4UcAAFIIV.jpg:large

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Same here....curious on that as well. Have seen lots of 'he was a muslim' comments...mentions of 'myspace' page. Who uses myspace anymore?

Haven't seen any credible reports on it though.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Same here....curious on that as well. Have seen lots of 'he was a muslim' comments...mentions of 'myspace' page. Who uses myspace anymore?

Yeah, I saw a report that claimed he was a loner because he didn't have many friends on his MySpace account. My first thought was, of course he didn't. No-one uses MySpace anymore.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Cowards, just cowards.

Lets push to fix the mental health system. This is the real issue in all of the last mass shootings.

Total nut bags running amok.

I don't think there are any realistic changes we can make to the mental health system that could prevent these things from happening. As long as the crazy are free to walk the streets among us they will find ways to arm themselves. The only thing I can think of that COULD work would be to lock away everyone who shows signs of mental illness, for the rest of their lives, before they've ever done anything really wrong. And that just ain't gonna happen.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Former Rhode Island Congressman and son of the late Sen. Ted Kennedy Patrick Kennedy didn't mention this shooter's name on CBS This Morning but he DID blame his actions and the actions of every other previous shooter on mental illness. Look for him to be kicked out of the Democratic party by noon today.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    This will help:

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

As a mark of respect for the victims of gun violence perpetrated on October 1, 2015, in Roseburg, Oregon, by the authority vested in me as President of the United States by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby order that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, October 6, 2015. I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half-staff for the same length of time at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this second day of October, in the year of our Lord two thousand fifteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and fortieth.

BARACK OBAMA

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This will help:

A PROCLAMATION

As a mark of respect for the victims of gun violence perpetrated on October 1, 2015, in Roseburg, Oregon, by the authority vested in me as President of the United States by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby order that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, October 6, 2015. I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half-staff for the same length of time at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this second day of October, in the year of our Lord two thousand fifteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and fortieth.

BARACK OBAMA

Not a bad thing but again.....Pi$$ing your pants in a dark suit.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This will help:

A PROCLAMATION

BARACK OBAMA

Do you think he'll order the flag at half staff to honor the innocents killed in the air strike on the Afghani hospital that he authorized?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This probably does not help, at any level.

Mom of Oregon shooter bragged about weapons online: report - NY Daily News
    The mother of the rage-filled loner who shot and killed nine people at an Oregon community college blasted opponents of open-carry laws and bragged about her personal arsenal of weapons online, according to reports.

“And when the mood strikes, and as long as we’re tossing around brand names, I sling an AR, Tek-9 or AK over my shoulder, or holster a Glock 21 (not 22), or one of my other handguns, like the Sig Sauer P226, and walk out the door,” Harper bragged. “I find the shotguns are a little too cumbersome to open carry.”

Citing this link:
    Oregon Shooter's Mom Talked About Family's Arsenal Of Guns

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I know the gun banners are scrambling to fight the GFZ part of this. It appears legally that it was not. But the school told their students and faculty that it was and apparently that was generally complied with.

It's the same with IU and a lot of universities, it may not be against state law but it's against student and staff/faculty guidelines. For those that attend and work there it is essentially a defacto GFZ.

Thats the thing that a lot of people need to wrap their heads around. Legal vs rule GFZs... "Colleges arent a GFZ because there isnt a law against it so its not really a GFZ!" No, cupcake, it is. As a student you risk tens of thousands of dollars in lost tuition. Imaging getting booted out of IU after a couple years? That student now has a crap-ton of debt with nothing to show for it. Considering the legal fees to dig an individual out of legal trouble for carrying in a LEGAL GFZ, (e.g. getting arrested because you forgot to take your 1911 out of your briefcase before going into a courthouse) its not a stretch to say that students bear a significant liability for ignoring a college's rules regarding guns. For all practical purposes, it might as well be a law.

And it gets even worse if you are studying something specialized. Will your credits transfer? Can you find another school to take you (and your credits) after being booted for this type of infraction? I could see other ultra liberal admins seeing a student booted for weapons violations refusing the student. "You did it there, we are afraid you might do it here. We cant endanger our other students by allowing you on our campus. You will not be accepted as a student here."

Had a thought though, shouldn't the school be paying for the medical bills for not properly protecting their students. Couldn't/shouldn't the students sue for this. It would be a start to wake a few lawyers up.

I agree. If you let me borrow your car (GFZ), have taken out your seatbelt (armed security), and prevent me from adding my own seatbelt (EDC) to use, You as the car owner should be liable for anything that happens to me. I think that may be one avenue to fighting GFZs... make them liable for your safety. I cant protect myself? Then you have the responsibility to provide that protection... and a 60yo Paul Blart on a segway with a radio is not a security guard or any kind of protection... its a babysitter/professional witness.

My other point is the title, "Air Force vet on Umpqua campus was not allowed to assist victims"

If I've made the decision to assist, I'm not sure how someone's going to "not allow" me to do it.

What moron argues with a man with a gun? Even a good guy with a gun. :):

Based on his dating profile, he apparently identified as Atheist/Wiccan. He spoke of atheism, but also something about how he was a "ying" looking for a "yang" (ying and yang being two different kinds of wiccan types... I cant recall the names that were actually used.) There is also a rumor that though his dating profile listed his religion as Christian, the time of the edit was shortly after the shooting, which was puzzling. They apparently changed his religion, but didnt tweak the description to edit out the wiccan comments. Smells fishy, like somebody made a hurried change without checking the whole thing.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

I've stopped following the story. Latest thing I saw today was that he was a "black islamist" and he was on a Russian terror watch list that Obama refused to take from Russia.

Once the conspiracies reach that point, I've lost interest.

Top Bottom