• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It is a bit of a commute. Hopefully they won't steal a fleet of IndyGo buses or Postal vehicles and caravan out here. My roof is too steep to go Rooftop Korean, or Rooftop German/Irish Hoosier for that matter.
    As soon as the first shots were fired they would flee. I don’t see them being dumb enough to come into an area that will meet them with force. If they were smart they’d stay in the city where the mayor is willing to allow them to run free. As soon as they head into AR country people will not sit back and let them destroy their lives without resistance. I hope it doesn’t come to that, because I actually agree with their cause, just disagree with their actions to express the cause.

Also, if they start rioting here in mooresville, I’m heading to Lowe’s for a new riding mower! I imagine Lowe’s will still have plenty of product left untouched.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It is a bit of a commute. Hopefully they won't steal a fleet of IndyGo buses or Postal vehicles and caravan out here. My roof is too steep to go Rooftop Korean, or Rooftop German/Irish Hoosier for that matter.

I don't think it would make it even as far as my side of town (about 5 miles south of the circle), but more and more I'm appreciating the way Dad built our house. Bedford stone over cinderblock, with the big windows facing the back yard, and the small windows facing the street.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    As soon as the first shots were fired they would flee. I don’t see them being dumb enough to come into an area that will meet them with force. If they were smart they’d stay in the city where the mayor is willing to allow them to run free. As soon as they head into AR country people will not sit back and let them destroy their lives without resistance. I hope it doesn’t come to that, because I actually agree with their cause, just disagree with their actions to express the cause.

Also, if they start rioting here in mooresville, I’m heading to Lowe’s for a new riding mower! I imagine Lowe’s will still have plenty of product left untouched.

If they are fleeing after you shoot, you ain't leadin' enough. :)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We should keep it classy in here folks.

We may have heathens rioting, but we should be careful of the way we categorize protesters and even ourselves through this.

Lots of folks reading this. We don't need blankets thrown over "all of them" or "all of us."

:twocents:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    [video=youtube_share;V95ZgOrgmq4]http://youtu.be/V95ZgOrgmq4[/video]

Matt Christianson is so good at quickly drilling right into the heart of these issues. He's like a lazer beam of logic.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Well put.

I'll only add that .gov is not any better than these thugs. In fact, .gov has taken more of my property and destroyed more of my liberty than any thug in these scenes we are seeing in these videos and reports.

I have the same arguments with my liberal friends and family all the time. I ask them, if the government is terrible, police are brutal, Trump is a facist, and white supremacy is systemic, why would you want to continue to prop up that system and give it more power?

They never have an answer.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have the same arguments with my liberal friends and family all the time. I ask them, if the government is terrible, police are brutal, Trump is a facist, and white supremacy is systemic, why would you want to continue to prop up that system and give it more power?

Excellent question for "progressives".

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Excellent question for "progressives".

Like I try to explain to folks, progressivism and capitalism suffer from the exact same philosophical fault.

There's no end point for the ideology.

Once all major goals have been accomplished, new goals must be invented for the survival of the ideology. Those new goals end up becoming more and more incomprehensible and radical, as there's nothing reasonable left for the ideology to accomplish. Luckily the US found a happy way to balance capitalism out, but nations like China have been pedal to the metal with it.

These riots are just an extension of progressives having nothing noble left to fight for.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Would this not solve everyone's problem? Pick a state, I'll vote for California but New York would be fine as well. Turn this state over to African Americans to occupy, govern, maintain and police. Same .gov benefits as all of our other states. How would that work out? Should be a thriving productive situation in no time , correct? Please discuss.:popcorn:

mike.gif

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Would this not solve everyone's problem? Pick a state, I'll vote for California but New York would be fine as well. Turn this state over to African Americans to occupy, govern, maintain and police. Same .gov benefits as all of our other states. How would that work out? Should be a thriving productive situation in no time , correct? Please discuss.:popcorn:

The founder of the original american nazi party advocated doing this, except with southern states.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Like I try to explain to folks, progressivism and capitalism suffer from the exact same philosophical fault.

There's no end point for the ideology.

Once all major goals have been accomplished, new goals must be invented for the survival of the ideology. Those new goals end up becoming more and more incomprehensible and radical, as there's nothing reasonable left for the ideology to accomplish. Luckily the US found a happy way to balance capitalism out, but nations like China have been pedal to the metal with it.

These riots are just an extension of progressives having nothing noble left to fight for.

Winning.....+10

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We should keep it classy in here folks.

We may have heathens rioting, but we should be careful of the way we categorize protesters and even ourselves through this.

Lots of folks reading this. We don't need blankets thrown over "all of them" or "all of us."

:twocents:

Winning...…..:thumbsup:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    While I am not a liberal, I will attempt an answer.

Short version. Government is addictive.

Long Version.

Most conservatives I know are mad at the government because the government takes stuff from us as BigRed stated. They take our money and property. Most conservatives I know tend to live in more rural areas and actually own stuff. While there are plenty of maps showing where the democrats live. We see them on this site. When I have conversations with conservatives, they are not just upset that their stuff is taken it usually follows that that stuff is then given to someone who didn't earn it through a welfare state that is out of control.

Most of the liberals live in more urban environments. Most of them don't have stuff. Sure there are exceptions, but those exceptions are probably not the ones we are seeing in the streets. They are upset because the government is not giving them enough for what they view as injustices to them by the rich who have denied them to opportunity to get ahead through systemic oppression and they view the police as the enforcers of that oppression. They have been the most affected by COVID not just in deaths but also in economic loss because the lower paying jobs are not coming back.

The conversations among rich liberals seems to be they now wish to move to the suburbs. If that occurs, then there will be even more pressure on inner cities as more rot sets in. They look to the government also to right the wrongs of the past. They believe Trump is a fascist, and all the other things. They just have money and things.

For both sets of liberals the problem with the government is the opposite side of the coin than conservatives. The government is not taking enough stuff fast enough.

This is going to get much worse before it gets better.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I don't think it would make it even as far as my side of town (about 5 miles south of the circle), but more and more I'm appreciating the way Dad built our house. Bedford stone over cinderblock, with the big windows facing the back yard, and the small windows facing the street.
    Hhhhmmmmm, sounds well planned.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom