• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Some family members were interviewed on CBS this morning... Listening to them, Im guessing if a verdict is returned anything less than guilty, we will have problems with "peaceful protests"...
    Wonder if jurors are going home at night, turning on the TV, and seeing veiled threats to kill them and burn down their houses if they don't do as they're told.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Wonder if jurors are going home at night, turning on the TV, and seeing veiled threats to kill them and burn down their houses if they don't do as they're told.

They have said that the trial is "in the bag", not sure what you can take away from those comments.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Well it doesn't take a Mensa member to know that is what will happen. And there aren't any secrets. Someone sitting on the jury knew they would vote guilty before hearing any evidence and won't hesitate to snitch out the bad juror that couldn't convict because of the facts.

Sleepy Joe better confiscate those guns quick before the trial is over. If the cop walks this spring/summer will get sporty.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Chauvin_8_png-1885056.JPG

1617052234662_png-1885079.JPG

lol one of the state's witnesses who told a whole overwrought story about watching George Floyd get strangled to death was also caught on camera rioting and smashing police cars. The state isn't calling their best...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

lol one of the state's witnesses who told a whole overwrought story about watching George Floyd get strangled to death was also caught on camera rioting and smashing police cars. The state isn't calling their best...
    Seems to me he has a bias against the police.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    No drama here. If he's convicted, Minneapolis will burn. If he isn't convicted, Minneapolis will burn hotter and longer.
    Yeah, if convicted they won't be happy unless they hang him on the courthouse steps immediately after the jury's verdict. And we all know this one's going to appeal, particularly after there was no change of venue.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Oh I don't know about that. If you want to reinforce to the jury the need to "do the right thing" why not put a thug up on the stand to eyeball them.

Reactions: Ark

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think things will pretty much go on as they usually do here in the GSF regardless of verdicts or reactions to them. :)

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Yet another view on this...

New information to me from this was the pulmonary edema... lungs 2-3 times their normal weight due to an abnormal amount of fluid in the lungs. Very much explains why he couldn't breathe even while sitting/standing up.

According to Mayo Clinic:
    Pulmonary edema is a condition caused by excess fluid in the lungs. This fluid collects in the numerous air sacs in the lungs, making it difficult to breathe. In most cases, heart problems cause pulmonary edema.
    Also, when Floyd said he gad been "hooping", I took that as playing bball... not at all what it means in drug lingo. :facepalm:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    New information to me from this was the pulmonary edema... lungs 2-3 times their normal weight due to an abnormal amount of fluid in the lungs. Very much explains why he couldn't breathe even while sitting/standing up.

According to Mayo Clinic:

Also, when Floyd said he gad been "hooping", I took that as playing bball... not at all what it means in drug lingo. :facepalm:
    Right, I didn't know what hooping was before seeing that and looked it up. It is basically shoving drugs up your butt which gives an intense high - unless your in England then hooping is what the perverts there do to little boys.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    A drug addict OD'd. What Chauvin did or didn't do most likely played no part in his demise. The country was torn apart over a ****ing drug addict OD'ing. Simple as that.
    I disagree. I think there is ample evidence that Chauvin and the other officers with him failed to recognize a fatal drug overdose as it was occurring, and dithered too long in summoning EMS while applying physical restraint longer than absolutely necessary.

This is not murder. This is not manslaughter. This is not even, in my opinion, homicide. I believe it was a failure of duty, deserving of reprimand and maybe even firing. There is a possibility that, through earlier recognition and intervention, Floyd's idiot life may have been saved. But, failing to intervene in another person's death by overdose is NOT murder. We even have SCOTUS precedent in this country stating that police cannot be charged or sued for failure to save someone's life.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I disagree. I think there is ample evidence that Chauvin and the other officers with him failed to recognize a fatal drug overdose as it was occurring, and dithered too long in summoning EMS while applying physical restraint longer than absolutely necessary.

This is not murder. This is not manslaughter. This is not even, in my opinion, homicide. I believe it was a failure of duty, deserving of reprimand and maybe even firing. There is a possibility that, through earlier recognition and intervention, Floyd's idiot life may have been saved. But, failing to intervene in another person's death by overdose is NOT murder. We even have SCOTUS precedent in this country stating that police cannot be charged or sued for failure to save someone's life.
    I really can't find much, if anything to disagree with here. I hadn't really considered it from that point of view. :yesway:

Edit: Somehow I don't think the angry mob will be as reasonable.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I am not sure I would be that hard on the officers. After all, they are police, not doctors, and Floyd had just self-administered a narcotics enema several times the threshold of lethal. Perhaps if his friends who were giving the police static about Floyd's heart had been so thoughtful as to tell them that he had just shoved a Mason jar full of dope up his rear the outcome may have been different.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I kinda agree. Personally, I think Chauvin is the only officer who should be on the hook for this. I don’t think it’s murder, but I think manslaughter is a real possibility. Leaning on a guys neck with your body weight for 9 minutes ain’t good no matter how you try spin it.

Top Bottom