Not open for further replies.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    1. Who are you?

2. When have I ever tried to cause turmoil between the mods and members?

1. A forum member making an observation on one of the people that this entire thread is about.

2. Based on the rep, comments, and pms I have received from aforementioned answer to number 1 I think my statements stands by itself.

You are constantly egging on those who are already upset by things that have come to pass, and then jump the fence to whole heartedly support the mod/admin team once they lay down the law. It seems as it were that you are playing for both teams, while undermining everything. Just my :twocents:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    SE, you know I like you and would like to see you posting here again, but you said that on top of Religion needing to be brought back, two mods would have to resign for you to come back.

Since there has been zero talk about whatever two mods you are talking about resigning, we can only assume you are just here to complain.

I don't completely know what all of the motives were when they removed Religion, but you have to admit that prayer threads cause ZERO controversy and certain other Religious threads cause a TON. You can call it hypocrisy, but I'd chalk it up to headache alleviation on the mods part...I'm not happy they removed it either, but honestly it didn't even affect me when they did, because I had already been steering clear of those threads for a long time. It sure seemed like nothing positive ever amounted out of them.

And see, you did the smart thing. You avoided a subject instead of complaining about it. Enough members complained about it and it became Taboo. What's that they say about while in Rome? I was just trying a different approach. Being polite and civil didn't work so I tried to get it unbanned how other members did to get it banned. I Whined and Complained.

Again, I'm not back as an Active member. I'm only here to see the outcome of this unusual move by the upper echelon to actually LISTEN to the members instead of threatening to, and going so far as actually banning them for having an opinion.

I had an opinion and suggestion, however, everyone sees me as complaining. I suppose voicing my dislike of a rule is complaining, but at least I offered suggestions with my complaints.

Bill - Since you as a Moderator started this conversation, I will respond. While a religious person knows that God is everywhere, we also know that God smiles upon those who honor him and doesn't to those who don't. This forum has become the latter. I tried to change that. Again, you didn't have to ban the subject, just tell the whiners to shut up and ignore the subject. So yes, I was a bit upset about that.

The decision has been made. Fine I will let it go. It just goes to prove nothing is really going to change except that instead of the mod staff actually trying to work with members to HELP solve their differences, they're just going to ban people left and right.

Nice work INGO. Keep your heads down and watch them fingers! I'm out! :patriot:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    You are constantly egging on those who are already upset by things that have come to pass, and then jump the fence to whole heartedly support the mod/admin team once they lay down the law. It seems as it were that you are playing for both teams, while undermining everything.

Who am I egging on?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Most recently I would say you did a pretty darn good job of getting sparky riled up and it seems you have tried vehemently to ruffle savageeagles feathers although it seems mostly in vane.

Sparky was in that train wreck of a thread and that lasted all of about 3 posts.

As far as SE is concerned, you need to clean the :poop: out of your ears(OK, eyes) if you think I'm trying to rile up SE. Seriously, WTF are you talking about? I want SE to stick around and I was trying to talk some sense into him.

Maybe SE sees it differently, feel free to ask him.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Sparky was in that train wreck of a thread and that lasted all of about 3 posts.

As far as SE is concerned, you need to clean the :poop: out of your ears(OK, eyes) if you think I'm trying to rile up SE. Seriously, WTF are you talking about? I want SE to stick around and I was trying to talk some sense into him.

Maybe SE sees it differently, feel free to ask him.

It was much more than three posts and if that thread wasn't a mess I would quote every last one of your posts. From a third party perspective the only crap here is what you type, if what you are doing is trying to talk sense into him I hope your profession doesn't have anything to do with talking people down from ledges or to put the gun down.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    instead of the mod staff actually trying to work with members to HELP solve their differences, they're just going to ban people left and right.

We don't desire to ban anyone. What is happening is that the membership is being held 100% accountable for the content of what they post. The rules are clearly defined as to what is tolerable and acceptable here and what's not. If a member wants to violate any of the rules, then they will eventually be shown the door. It is 100% on you (the implied you) to follow the rules. Personal accountability and responsibility is the key.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    It was much more than three posts and if that thread wasn't a mess I would quote every last one of your posts. From a third party perspective the only crap here is what you type, if what you are doing is trying to talk sense into him I hope your profession doesn't have anything to do with talking people down from ledges or to put the gun down.

It wasn't much more than 3 with sparky, but I'll be the first to admit that I cut(way too) loose in that thread and I'm totally at fault for it. I wouldn't say that is the norm though.

As far as SE, I talked to him privately(I didn't want him coming back in here and getting banned for replying to me) and it appears that YOU were much more concerned than he was.

Like I said before, feel free to ask him yourself if you are that concerned.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    It wasn't much more than 3 with sparky, but I'll be the first to admit that I cut(way too) loose in that thread and I'm totally at fault for it. I wouldn't say that is the norm though.

As far as SE, I talked to him privately(I didn't want him coming back in here and getting banned for replying to me) and it appears that YOU were much more concerned than he was.

Like I said before, feel free to ask him yourself if you are that concerned.

I already talked to him so to speak, and he ignores you just like I normally do but in a time when we are focusing on the issues of trolling and pot stirring I thought it fair to point out when there has been trouble I always find your screen name in the thick of it. If you take issue with that so be it, but like I said from the reps and pms I have received I am not the only one to notice this.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I already talked to him so to speak, and he ignores you just like I normally do but in a time when we are focusing on the issues of trolling and pot stirring I thought it fair to point out when there has been trouble I always find your screen name in the thick of it. If you take issue with that so be it, but like I said from the reps and pms I have received I am not the only one to notice this.

I don't take issue with it, everyone is entitled to an opinion. If my joking around offends you, I sincerely apologize.

Congratulations on all of the reps. They look like they are really starting to pour in.:yesway:

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I don't take issue with it, everyone is entitled to an opinion. If my joking around offends you, I sincerely apologize.

Congratulations on all of the reps. They look like they are really starting to pour in.:yesway:

Never said I was offended and could are less about my rep, you could pile on me all the never rep in existence and it wouldn't matter.. I am calling it as I see it, you at the very least have been an antagonist in more than your fair share of threads. When the mods show up to clean up the mess there you are with chapped lips and a brown nose.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Never said I was offended and could are less about my rep, you could pile on me all the never rep in existence and it wouldn't matter.. I am calling it as I see it, you at the very least have been an antagonist in more than your fair share of threads. When the mods show up to clean up the mess there you are with chapped lips and a brown nose.

The way you keep mentioning rep, you could have fooled me, but whatever.

BTW, I don't know what never rep is, but if it's anything like negative rep, you won't be receiving any from me.

And yes, I'm a huge troll for cracking jokes in the tin foil threads and I've never, ever had a problem with any of the mods.:rolleyes:

Sorry if I choose to take my issues via PM and not cause extra drama every time there is a chance(and no, I'm not saying I've never caused it).

Anyway, we haven't added anything constructive to this thread in hours, so I am leaving this thread now. If you have any further issues with me, a PM would be fine.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

One more comment like the last sentence of the above post and you'll get a 48 hour ban. This is an example of the blatant disrespect that is so tiresome.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Isn't this supposed to be in a PM?
    NO

Go read Scutters post.

Actually that should be concerned a warning to all in this thread, much like the comments by Que and BOA. Any more religious comment in this thread will be considered Trolling.

I like the new moderation practices, I believe it promotes VERY EQUAL MODERATION!!!

I would now take VUPD previous post as a warning to all members that personal insults and / or bashing of other forum members will not be tolerated...

:ingo:

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    That's correct. No PM's. Everything is transparent from me from here on out. No more insults/bashing/disrespect from ANYONE in this thread any more.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Got burned on autocorrect oh well it happens I suppose. My intent was to point out where I believe a problem has existed for quite some time, and was posting opinion not insult. I guess with the new guidelines if it continues it will be taken note of.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom