Anyone know this person…..RIP

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    No shortage of nuts, they're everywhere. Probably on some type of prescription drug that manufacturers know will send a guy of the deep end and we'll never know.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    What a shame. Terrible thing for those kids to deal with.

Boat ramps can really suck sometimes, of course I've also met some pretty good people at the launch also.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Boat ramp disputes are nothing new, but most don’t end in homicide.

Seriously, boat ramp disputes are a thing? I've never met anyone unpleasant at a ramp although it's been a couple of decades since I've owned a boat. The world has changed.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Seriously, boat ramp disputes are a thing? I've never met anyone unpleasant at a ramp although it's been a couple of decades since I've owned a boat. The world has changed.
    QFT

And yes disputes at the ramp are a thing. In my experience it's usually someone in a big hurry. It's also not limited to the ramps anymore, disputes on the water seem to be happening more.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Oh yeah. Ha. Ever watch the Miami boat ramp channel? I know it's hard to imagine at the scale of Indiana boat ramps, but once you get up to the REAL lunatic busy ramps people get nuts and all kinds of things happen.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh yeah. Ha. Ever watch the Miami boat ramp channel? I know it's hard to imagine at the scale of Indiana boat ramps, but once you get up to the REAL lunatic busy ramps people get nuts and all kinds of things happen.
    They actually have a channel devoted to... a boat ramp? :n00b:

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Very sad situation.

I watch a lot of Haulover inlet videos but I haven't seen the Miami boat ramp channel. Time to check it out!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Absolutely! If one goes on slow days the laid back nature hides the angst of the crazy Saturday and Sunday crowds. Inconsiderate people working on their junk that will not start, going back to their car for the child’s forgotten teddy bear, etc. all while blocking the ramp. Then a clear majority have NO, did I say NO, backing skills, when they are drunk and tired it gets worse.

Late in the day when folks are drunk, tired, and hungry it get even worse than that. Never watched but I know well the ingredients that make the launch crazy…

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Absolutely! If one goes on slow days the laid back nature hides the angst of the crazy Saturday and Sunday crowds. Inconsiderate people working on their junk that will not start, going back to their car for the child’s forgotten teddy bear, etc. all while blocking the ramp. Then a clear majority have NO, did I say NO, backing skills, when they are drunk and tired it gets worse.

Late in the day when folks are drunk, tired, and hungry it get even worse than that. Never watched but I know well the ingredients that make the launch crazy…
    The big ramps at Monroe could get pretty goofy over the 4th of July. Especially near the end of the day when everyone is sunburnt and liquored up and the wife is nagging and the kids are tired.

I loved taking our little runabout out by myself. With nobody to bug me I had that routine DOWN. Exactly how to launch, where to tie up, how to recover. Climb from the boat into the truck without getting wet. Cooler with a couple beers, drop the anchor, swim, fish, take a nap. Then blaze past all the angry dads and crying kids, trailer up in 90 seconds, and go. :laugh:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    From the meateater link:

“I can’t imagine Eric initiated any of the controversy that ensued,” O’Casey said. “He wasn’t a hothead. He was with his son. Whatever the argument was, I’m sure Eric handled it with grace. It was a freak accident that should have never happened.”
    I'm not sure how anyone categorizes this as an "accident"

will be interesting to see what comes of this part about the shooter who was later found dead in apparent suicide:

Short says Foster wasn't previously known to the department and isn't sure why he reacted so violently. Foster was on some kind of medication, and Short is waiting for toxicology reports to come back.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    People have it so good now, that they have to get angry over stupid things.

That and less people getting their a$$ handed to them.
    And the whole "It's not my fault" mentality.

Top Bottom