• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's a bit of jog for me, but I'd love to ride up and learn. Can it be a game day call, when coming from distance? Or must it be a firm commitment in advance to attend?

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Metea.
    I am by profession a park naturalist/park manager. I also get to go caving, see eclipses and teach about bug out bags while getting paid for it.

That's awesome. Have you ever done any of the hikes with scout troop 3049? We do a fall hike in Metea and always have naturalists teach the kids things as we hike.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Interested on a Saturday if it's in the afternoon. Has time of day been discussed up thread?

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Forage Hike is scheduled for October 10, Saturday, 2 PM. Meet at the picnic shelter near the entrance to Metea County Park, 8410 Union Chapel Rd, 46845
    $2 per person. Don't pay entrance fee at the gate. Fee collected at the hike. Cash or check only.
    Register by email to metea@allencountyparks.org

If enough folks can't make it we can schedule another just for INGO.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Forage Hike is scheduled for October 10, Saturday, 2 PM. Meet at the picnic shelter near the entrance to Metea County Park, 8410 Union Chapel Rd, 46845
    $2 per person. Don't pay entrance fee at the gate. Fee collected at the hike. Cash or check only.
    Register by email to metea@allencountyparks.org

If enough folks can't make it we can schedule another just for INGO.

Is this Forage Hike setup around what we've been talking about here or is it something that was already setup as part of the department of parks and rec? Either way, I'm interested and I'd like to read more on this. Would this be something bring a kid to?

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    The idea came from here, and I just decided today to open it up to the public. It has not been publicized yet and is still on the drawing board. Children are welcome, as are well-behaved dogs on leash.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Well, I can’t make it. It’s my anniversary, and I have to work a “nobody is allowed to be off” weekend. My brother and 4 others will be registering though.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    [STRIKE]I have an event to attend on the 19th, but could likely make both of those work in the same day. Moving it ahead a week puts it in two days from now, which I can personally do also, but that's up you.[/STRIKE]

Never mind, I missed the October and was thinking September. Back to the coffee machine.

Last edited:

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I realize I'm late to the party, but I would be interested as well.

The first Saturday of the month usually has me busy with range duties, so I'll just join in if I can.

When/if you finalize a time please let me know and I will try to get there!

The October 10th date is doable. Is preregistration required?

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I have an event to attend on the 19th, but could likely make both of those work in the same day. Moving it ahead a week puts it in two days from now, which I can personally do also, but that's up you.
    That would be October 3 if we moved it up a week. I can do either, and will wait a little longer to see how this shakes out with the rank and file.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Don’t move anything around on my account. It sounds like that date works for most, so I’ll just catch a future date if it happens again.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I could arrange another for those who have to miss.

OK, we're on for October 10. I would prefer that everyone register at the email provided above. Social distance encouraged, masks recommended if you are concerned.

Top Bottom