• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPUTTER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    BEDFORD
    :(:(Headed to work this am, stopped in at Speedway, not a usual stop about 4:30 ish and I spotted a suspicious chararcter run from behind a old building to a group of trees, got out of truck walked towards the area and did not spot anyone, said hello to a guy whom just pulled in to get gas, informed him what I saw so we kept a look out for a few minutes. We went inside, I got my coke the other guy headed out to pump gas informed the store clerk what I saw then out of the corner of my eye I spot the dude at the corner of the building looking in. I walked over to the window and there he stood with a white handkerchief over his face and just waved like nothing going on, what a IDIOT. Well I reached down and realized I had no carry this am since I am going to work we cannot carry but also did not put in vehicle for some stupid reason. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb, well I informed the clerk to call 911 and to lock the front door and I will stay until the cops come, asked if they had a weapon and of course same answer not allowed to carry or have a weapon on hand, well thats great. Long story short guy in parking lot saw the individual go around to back of building then head into tree line. Cops came and cannot find the individual gave my name and headed to work.

I am glad nothing happened, but I do thank GOD for getting me there earily so nothing did happen or stumble upon something happening without being prepared, key word NOT BEING PREPARED, but I guarentee you that I will have my carry in the vehicle from now on, even if we are still not allowed to have, this was my wake up call. :rockwoot:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    :(:(Headed to work this am, stopped in at Speedway, not a usual stop about 4:30 ish and I spotted a suspicious chararcter run from behind a old building to a group of trees, got out of truck walked towards the area and did not spot anyone, said hello to a guy whom just pulled in to get gas, informed him what I saw so we kept a look out for a few minutes. We went inside, I got my coke the other guy headed out to pump gas informed the store clerk what I saw then out of the corner of my eye I spot the dude at the corner of the building looking in. I walked over to the window and there he stood with a white handkerchief over his face and just waved like nothing going on, what a IDIOT. Well I reached down and realized I had no carry this am since I am going to work we cannot carry but also did not put in vehicle for some stupid reason. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb, well I informed the clerk to call 911 and to lock the front door and I will stay until the cops come, asked if they had a weapon and of course same answer not allowed to carry or have a weapon on hand, well thats great. Long story short guy in parking lot saw the individual go around to back of building then head into tree line. Cops came and cannot find the individual gave my name and headed to work.

I am glad nothing happened, but I do thank GOD for getting me there earily so nothing did happen or stumble upon something happening without being prepared, key word NOT BEING PREPARED, but I guarentee you that I will have my carry in the vehicle from now on, even if we are still not allowed to have, this was my wake up call. :rockwoot:

Glad to hear the bad guy retreated. US-50 and Indiana 37?

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County

Good eyes! Glad that it all it took to convert you over to other carry type. A quick tuckable holster is perfect for just getting out for a minute in the morning and before or right after work. Even if it was in the car and you were inside the station it is still useless. I'm sure you have ran the what if's a million times already too. Also, just glad nobody got hurt.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You will never know what is going to happen on a casual journey anywhere these days. Thieves Villeins and A$$ Hats are everywhere......be aware.....always.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I walked over to the window and there he stood with a white handkerchief over his face and just waved like nothing going on, what a IDIOT.

Uh, hello? Ebola? He was just looking out for his health.;)

SPUTTER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    BEDFORD
    You know I never thought about the Ebola effect...... Man wished I was fast enough to get the cell phone out and take a quick pic of this idiot.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't know about that time of the morning but Speedway almost always seems to have a number of customers on the lot any time I go by there. That would have to be a dangerous mark to hit, if you're wanting to do it with the fewest number of witnesses around. Now, at 4:30? Probably a little more lonely at that time.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Nicely done. We have a no gun policy at work as well. Last year they handed out a letter stating no guns on company property. Then we pointed out the law stated otherwise, and that we could keep one in our vehicle. So it's always on me and left in the vehicle before I get out. I usually just pull the gun out and wear my IWB holster all day, just easier. One day I asked the VP should I get my gun if we ever had an active shooter situation? He said, of course. I told him how dumb it was not to have a plan in place and that we needed to have a couple guys take training and be armed, or have access inside the building. Haven't heard back.....

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    You never know where or when crap like this happens, and I'm sure you weren't expecting this when you got outta bed this morning. Nice S/A on your part...but (and I'm not being critical of you here) when you take the decision to carry, it becomes like the American Express commercial..."don't leave home without it".

Really glad nothing untoward happened.

Top Bottom