• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Picked up a fobus paddle holster for my new G23 and wore it all day and was really happy about the way it carried.

Really comfortable and holds the gun securly.

Then I got home and tried to draw the pistol and couldn't get it OUT!

What the deal? What's the point if you can't get it drawn when you need it? Is there a trick to it besides brute force?

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Pull exactly straight out. It's a pain if not on your body. Practice to get used to it, and to break it in a bit. A little silicon can help, but Not sure it's necessary.

ETA: Mine is the GL2 used with my Glock 19 sometimes. I like the way it carries too, just took a little practice to get the draw right, but now it's like second nature.

Last edited:

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Used a Fobus for going on 4 years now and never had any problem. You do have to draw straight up at first with a quick jerk. That will change with time. The thing I like most is how close it holds my G22 to my side.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I had the same problem with the fobus, only with a different gun. Once you get used to the quick jerk, straight up, it will become natural.

I did like you and carried my gun all day and tried to take it out of the holster after removing the holster from my body. I thought I would have to cut the holster to remove the gun. Then I read the instructions on how to remove. Yes sometimes real men do need instructions.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Fobus Holster

I had a Fobus a long time ago
    I removed the rivits that held the Holster together and replaced them with short screws and a rubber washer ( made myself ) and it worked pretty well
    I could actualy tighten the screws for a tighter hold on the weapon
    with all that said I still didnt like it and sold it

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Used a Fobus for going on 4 years now and never had any problem. You do have to draw straight up at first with a quick jerk. That will change with time. The thing I like most is how close it holds my G22 to my side.

I'm with you there, it does feel great to wear. Been practicing a little and am getting the hang of it.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The though is that if someone comes up behind you that they can't get the gun.

Riiiight. . . . .

YouTube - Why you don't use a kydex paddle holster

Also check here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_ammunition/6822-fobus_hk1.html

And here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_ammunition/14060-fobus_holsters.html

glockguy07 really has the right idea. It might work for now, but as funds allow I would start looking for an upgrade.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Riiiight. . . . .

YouTube - Why you don't use a kydex paddle holster

Also check here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_ammunition/6822-fobus_hk1.html

And here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_ammunition/14060-fobus_holsters.html

glockguy07 really has the right idea. It might work for now, but as funds allow I would start looking for an upgrade.

That clip is not only mis-representative, it's also before they re-modeled the holster. Sure, there are better holsters out there, but the Fobus works.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    but the Fobus works.

Agreed.

there are better holsters out there,

Agreed.

:D

:stickpoke:

The Fobus line of holsters does indeed fill a need. I just hate to see people who buy a gun, and while they're at it, they toss a Fobus on top "because its only $20", and they never move on to realize there are better holsters out there that make carrying easier and more comfortable. (<---- I was one of those people)

It really hit me when someone said "why would you spend $500+ for something intended to protect you/your family and only spend $20 on something to secure it?"

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Agreed.

Agreed.

The Fobus line of holsters does indeed fill a need. I just hate to see people who buy a gun, and while they're at it, they toss a Fobus on top "because its only $20", and they never move on to realize there are better holsters out there that make carrying easier and more comfortable. (<---- I was one of those people)

It really hit me when someone said "why would you spend $500+ for something intended to protect you/your family and only spend $20 on something to secure it?"

+1

I'd suggest a Uncle Mike's holster before purchasing a Fobus.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Agreed.

Agreed.

What makes you think my Fobus is uncomfortable? Most times I forget I even have it on.

Top Bottom