• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Article I read said .40 cal Glock, no model number given

Well the delayed shoot would rule out "gun with safety" theory, unless he forgot and tried to take the safety off anyway.

....oh and I think that gun is officially called the - Glock FoTay. :rolleyes:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    He was within the law when he displayed a firearm in a shoving match. A jury will decide if a reasonable person would have shot the guy after he took a couple steps back. There is the video, and being held to an objective standard.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    He was within the law when he displayed a firearm in a shoving match. A jury will decide if a reasonable person would have shot the guy after he took a couple steps back. There is the video, and being held to an objective standard.
    Hopefully he has a good attorney. There is a strong argument for this to fall on either side of the law.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Is for the defendant. It will put all of his cases, past and present, into the spotlight.

What I was referring to was that, in this case only, I don't know if it is a good thing for the defendant to get a break.

From the beginning I've been mixed. I could easily vote to convict or acquit based on additional evidence and eye witness testimony.

Obviously, it is a good thing from the defendants point of view, I just don't know if it's a good thing overall.

Regards,

Doug

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    He just got convicted of manslaughter.

Perhaps it is no wonder the media get it wrong when law enforcement do as well.
    :rolleyes:
    How did the sheriff get it wrong? It was within the parameters to qualify, so he did not arrest the guy. Instead it was referred to the State's Attorney to determine if charges should be filed. Sounds like things worked the way they should.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He just got convicted of manslaughter.

Perhaps it is no wonder the media get it wrong when law enforcement do as well.
    :rolleyes:

Good. This wasn't a applicable case of "Stand Your Ground." This was a case of some busybody thinking he was invincible, because he had a gun, looking for trouble. Manslaughter seems appropriate.

Top Bottom