• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I like a slightly longer "length of pull" (if that's the correct term for pistol) than most stock pistols have... flat trigger can help with this, but I'd still rather have a round trigger set further forward if it were an option...

Reactions: Leo

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    What trigger would you all recommend for a Shield 45 1.0? I'd like to get it around 4lb.
    Can a gunsmith work with the original trigger to accomplish that?
    Can't answer to your .45 Shield, but on all the M&P's I have owned, I installed the Apex USB and smoothed up all the other surfaces. I end up in the mid 4 lb range.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    View attachment 221875

That's the trigger I'm using on my CZ P10F.
    I'm getting 4lb pull with it. It states 4.25 lb minimum so I'm getting Slightly less which is a plus.
    I actually tried that trigger when I had a P10C for a minute. I sent it back.

That pistol just would not work for me. I surmised it was the size/shape of the trigger guard but I tried three different triggers and all them would not alleviate the pain in my finger I got shooting it.

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    I have a HK P30 DA/SA and had the Gray Guns flat, metal trigger put in. Love it over the stock curved trigger. Now I want to get those triggers for my LEM model P30.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I broke my trigger finger in a howitzer breach (long story)
    EnviousRawCygnet-max-1mb.gif

Ed steinberry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2022
    New castle
    Question: Does anyone else prefer flat-faced triggers and, if so, what brand or manufacturer do you prefer and why?

I've tried the 3.5# Ghost Trigger and didn't like that it didn't have a felt 'break-point' on it before it fired! Just wasn't comfortable for me from a safety viewpoint!
    I just bought a gun that had a ranger proof flat face trigger already installed on it and I really like it a lot.

NoSaintJoe

shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2022
    Elkhart
    Gunny and Lt. watching in the back of an M109A2.
    Great fire mission, had my right hand on top of the breach lock. Fired….didn’t move my hand. Breach came back through the groove in the lock. Nobody noticed but the gunner.
    When they told us we did a great job, no gigs no deficiencies and left.
    The gunner looked at me and said “I know that hurt” I took the fuse man and said “go to the TOC and get the medic, don’t say anything on the radio.
    I duct taped a skillcraft pen to my finger and took a bunch of Motrin From the medic. After we recovered back at the rear, I went to the Aid Station. The Doc thought I was crazy.
    D6BD8B8D-6A8D-4B9C-9A30-2A9D2B520372.jpeg

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Question: Does anyone else prefer flat-faced triggers and, if so, what brand or manufacturer do you prefer and why?

I've tried the 3.5# Ghost Trigger and didn't like that it didn't have a felt 'break-point' on it before it fired! Just wasn't comfortable for me from a safety viewpoint!
    It is no longer the 1500s when I was growing up first shooting guns thus I prefer a curved trigger.

That said, I do have two experimental Gray Gun flat triggers with my 365 micros which I enjoy.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    For my taste it depends on the on the gun and the trigger.. Sig P322, love the flat trigger.. Glock with a Rockyourglock phantom trigger is uncomfortable, RYG Ranger trigger feels good to me.. To each his own.
    Generally I find that after 3 or 4 shots most of the flat faced triggers are uncomfortable but it's all about YOUR finger and where it falls on the trigger.

A.Scales15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2022
    Athens, al
    I personally like a flat trigger but only depending on the gun as well as situation... my Sig’s trigger is flat and is very comfortable. My MPs feel more comfortable with the curved trigger. I run an apex on my shield but it’s not apples to apples as a comparison

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I personally like a flat trigger but only depending on the gun as well as situation... my Sig’s trigger is flat and is very comfortable. My MPs feel more comfortable with the curved trigger. I run an apex on my shield but it’s not apples to apples as a comparison

I recently picked up a used Shield 9mm with an Apex flat-faced trigger on it...feels and shoots absolutely great! I am actually very happy with it!

Last edited:

Rayz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    Martinsville
    The only pistol I've owned that had a flat-faced trigger was a P365 XL. Not a fan. I like some curve in the trigger. No super tactical reason, really, just personal preference.
    Totally agree with this. I too have a P365 X L and going back to a curved trigger is like going home. It does work in this platform.

Gravyman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 21, 2022
    Fishers
    Seems like a fad to me. I've used a few of them, I don't notice any benefit over a standard curved trigger shoe. Maybe the elite level competitors gain an advantage from perfect finger indexing at the corner every time

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Found a used one here from an INGO member. I was actually buying something else and saw it on his table.
    It takes some getting used to. Granted I'm used to heavy milspec AR triggers, but I've had a few go off before I was "ready" for the boom. Not a ND by any means, just before I expected it.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I will have to say that the FLAT Trigger from an M&P Shield Plus works out very well on the earlier Shields
    It takes that hinged free play out of the trigger pull & just makes everything feel much better
    Also put this in a M2.0 frame which is reinforced & more texturized + has overtravel stop behind trigger
    PB030006.JPG
    Originally this was a M1.0 M&P Shield Performance Center 40 S&W
    R.jpg

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have had the experience with a QUALITY flat faced trigger, vs a QUALITY curved trigger in both 1911 and AR chassis firearms. That separates the good trigger / poor trigger influence from the contest. The AR's all have a 4.5 lb trigger pull to pass tech inspection for National Match Competitions.

For shot to shot consistency, I greatly favor the curved face. It automatically calibrates the leverage ratio between your finger and the trigger pivot. This would be for both slow, precision shooting and rapid or timed fire.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I like a slightly longer "length of pull" (if that's the correct term for pistol) than most stock pistols have... flat trigger can help with this, but I'd still rather have a round trigger set further forward if it were an option...
    I Have a Beretta 682 Gold shotgun that has a trigger shoe that adjusts on a dovetail to set the exact trigger pull length in relation to the stock grip area. It is a good feature and is easy to adjust to your exact natural reach. For 1911's the aftermarket has trigger bow assemblies in different lengths. it will get you the same feature, but takes lot more involved adjustment process. Most anything else is generally fixed.

Also, T-Grips company made extended trigger shoes for some applications. They were popular with Conventional Bullseye pistol competitors. They make the trigger pull length longer, they also make the trigger wider, and some liked that. I think they are still in business.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom