• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcarcher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2017
    Anderson
    I love a good flashlight, it just seems I can't hold on to one! I always lose them... very frustrating! I need to start tying them to carabiners....

BrianT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Butlerville
    I picked up a tan Convoy S2 from Gearbest on a Black Friday sale along with a Convoy C8. They both have adjustable modes, the C8 has an absolute ridiculous amount of setting options. The S2 is only 3 mode or 5 mode. Solarforce used to be the best value in flashlights but Convoy seems to have surpassed them. I highly recommend neutral or warm LED tints as well, both of these lights you can select what tint you want.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Well the Pelican is going back... we are both concerned it's too slick, the surface needs knurling, and the battery life is awful. In just the time we were sitting on the couch talking and dad was trying the modes the battery indicator turned red (maybe 15 min max on time in different modes)... I had fully charged it a few days ago.

He selected a the PD32 instead based on using my UC35 with the two switches, tail cap and mode.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Thoughts? Still waiting on mine!

I really like it. More than I thought I would. It’s a little shorter than a typical Surefire light, which makes it more pocket friendly. It has a wide throw. And I really like the fact that once you smash down on the switch, you only get 800 lumens.

FlatSixShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2018
    Westfield
    Ok, I confess to being a flashlight-a-holic. Lots of good recommendations already made. One of the better "deals" for pocket-handy-sized LEDs used to be SolarForce hosts and generic xm-l engines....for 15-20 bucks total. They blew away my older SureFire and other lights.

The last two flashlights I bought were a Convoy L2 ( a lot of flood for 40 bucks or so)...perhaps the most you can get.

Last "thrower" I bought claims 1300 meters throw distance....AceBeam K70. I can't verify it throws 1300 meters, cuz I cant see that far. It DOES throw a beam further than any portable battery powered light I have.

Throw 1300m Search Light CREE XHP35 K70|AceBeam®-Official Site

If 1300 meters of throw doesn't quite do it, AceBeam has another one listed that throws 1301 meters, and

[FONT=&amp]12,000 out-the-front lumens with an intensity of 423,000 candela, equivalent to a throw of 1,301 meters using the ANSI formula, for between one hour and 18 days depending on the output selected.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    http://goinggear.com/acebeam-x65-12-000-lumen-rechargeable-battery-pack-cree-xhp35-led-flashlight.html

Last edited:

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I really like it. More than I thought I would. It’s a little shorter than a typical Surefire light, which makes it more pocket friendly. It has a wide throw. And I really like the fact that once you smash down on the switch, you only get 800 lumens.

Where did you get it?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Look buddy, a 250 lumen USB rechargeable Streamlight Microstream. Built in hat clip. :rockwoot:

stream.jpg

Streamlight Introduces Rechargeable Microstream USB | Down Range TV

Their in stock now!!!

[ REMOVED OPTICS PLANET LINK. THEY STOPPED SELLING STANDARD CAPACITY 30 MAGAZINES. THEY ARE NOW RIGHT THERE WITH DICK'S AND CTD ]

Last edited:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I carry a Streamlight PolyTac. I have one for work, one on my rifle, and one I keep with my plate carrier. Call me crazy, but at $45 each they were hard to pass up.

Top Bottom